Am I Pushing my luck? - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving This area is for purchasing help, dealer negotations as well as test driving impressions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Am I Pushing my luck?

Here are the specs:
2007 04x4 Auto Sun Fusion
50 State Emissions
P265/70r 17" Alloy Wheels (5)
All Weather Floor Mat Set (5 Pc)
Convenience Package
Rear Differential Lock
Vehicle Shield Package (Lusterizing Sealant, Sound Shield, Sealant Cleaner, Rental Car Assistance; MSRP: $340)
Window Tint (MSRP: $399)

No Roof Rack

I've been able to get them down to $24,999. The invoice that I calculated with the spreadsheet is $24,579. This doesn't include the Vehicle Shield Package and Window Tint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 01:18 PM
Forum Master

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Am I Pushing my luck?

If the Vehicle Shield Pkg isn't applied to the vehicle already I'd tell them you don't want to pay for it. That price is pretty good, but I think prices will drop a lot more as the 2008's become available soon.

HAPPY TRAILS ~ DEJA VUDU
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 01:22 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Pumbaa
Lifetime Supporting Member

its way better than what I payed a year ago...damn...o well...I love my FJ!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Forum Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to taltyman

Can I ask what dealer? When we bought a few months ago the local DFW dealers only had 1 or 2 on the lots (or none) and would not negotiate (and in fact would add dealer fluff to them and jack them up). So my wife flew to Minnesota to get ours and got $3000 or so off MSRP. Now when I drive past the local lots I see 10 - 20 of them, 2 or 3 of each color.
At any rate it sounds like a fairly good price. You might save a few more dollars but if it is equipped the way you want it then go for it and congrats.

Follow the yellow brick.
Multivex mirrors, BudBuilt skid, Bandi mount, Midland CB, Firestick, Baja Rack, SAW full suspension, MB 72 black rims, Duratrac p285's, body mount chop, on engine number 2. But it's gone now... So I just hang around

Everything I post is for entertainment purposes only. Any comments about anything political is not intended to be.

My signature picture is our vacation home in Ouray, Colorado about 3 blocks from the FJ Summit HQ.

1967 IH Scout

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Forum Regular

Crap...that seems really good to me. The cheapest you can find one in New ORleans is around 25k for a 2wheeler...and that's one with not much on it. We were lucky we got the one we have for 25k even (before taxes) with all it's upgrades.

DO IT!!

.::I'm no Expert, I only play one on the Internet::.**
MODS: Chrome valve caps BEAATCHES!!!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Brian - VABeach previously said: View Post
If the Vehicle Shield Pkg isn't applied to the vehicle already I'd tell them you don't want to pay for it. That price is pretty good, but I think prices will drop a lot more as the 2008's become available soon.
Yes, I feel the price is good, but I think it could even be better. The dealer said he doesn't know anything about the 2008s or when they'll get them though.

I've found another dealer in the area with 3 Voodoo Blue ones with similiar specifications, but I have my eye on Sun Fusion.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
taltyman previously said: View Post
Can I ask what dealer? When we bought a few months ago the local DFW dealers only had 1 or 2 on the lots (or none) and would not negotiate (and in fact would add dealer fluff to them and jack them up). So my wife flew to Minnesota to get ours and got $3000 or so off MSRP. Now when I drive past the local lots I see 10 - 20 of them, 2 or 3 of each color.
At any rate it sounds like a fairly good price. You might save a few more dollars but if it is equipped the way you want it then go for it and congrats.
Toyo of Dallas near 635 and 35E
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Forum Master

Quote:
Chrs previously said: View Post
Yes, I feel the price is good, but I think it could even be better. The dealer said he doesn't know anything about the 2008s or when they'll get them though.
Well we know 2008's have arrived in the states. Folks like RoverGGM know a lot more than I do about this, but if you figure a week for Port Option installation, and a week on Trucks to dealerships, I expect 2008's will be on some Dealer Lots by the end of August, and at most Dealers by the end of September. It all depends on how long you're willing to wait for a better price on a 2007...

HAPPY TRAILS ~ DEJA VUDU
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 12:15 AM
Forum Regular

Don't pay over invoice You can get them for invoice play one dealer against the other. My dealer gives me window tint free.

2007 Black Diamond 4x4 285/65/18 Motometal and cooper LTZ's Simply SICK PEOPLE SICK!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Bappy previously said: View Post
Don't pay over invoice You can get them for invoice play one dealer against the other. My dealer gives me window tint free.
I am with you..Last week I couldnt get within 500 invoice locally, and now suddenly an offer at invoice from a stale email. My guess is the arrival of 2007 incentives from corporate to help unload the 2007s.
I think option Z2 also makes a nice "free" add on.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in