no power check - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving This area is for purchasing help, dealer negotations as well as test driving impressions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: no power check

Quote:
gsgmac previously said:
Call Toyota, call the Better Business Bureau, call the police, call everyone you can think of. Picket the damn place if you have too....Don't let the a-holes mess with you. Get you deposit back and remember squeaky wheel gets the grease, make them wish you never walked in the place. Stand tall brother!
Ill bring my kindergateners with me...Ice cream loaded!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 07:30 PM

They are full of crap! Did you give the deposit in a cashiers or certified check? No.
Any reputable dealer will take the check and wait to release the truck till it clears. They are trying to get to use there lenders so they can rip you off.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 07:34 PM
Forum Veteran

Quote:
gsgmac previously said:
Tell them to shove their FJ sideways, they are just trying to con you into using their financing to make even more money. Of course they can take that check, LIARS! I have said this before, go buy an FJ somewhere else, drive by every day, flip them off with both hands, and throw hot coffee at them!

Make sure to post there dumb @sses on the dealer black list!
Hit the nail on the head! By law you are signing a contract before the vehicle leaves the lot, there's no reason they should not take the check.
I think they either have a buyer who is offering them more OR they want you to use their financing. What a load of crap, if I were you I'd take my business to a different dealer.

-Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 07:36 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

who are these as*hats anyway?? we could all call them and waste their time...
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 07:40 PM
Forum Master

Lifetime Supporting Member

There is no reason for them not to take E-Loan checks. None at all. They are trying to screw with you.

Check the laws in your state. The $500 may be refundable after all.

"Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit." -- Anthony Bourdain

Promote skepticism and critical thinking. www.randi.org

post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
JLam previously said:
There is no reason for them not to take E-Loan checks. None at all. They are trying to screw with you.

Check the laws in your state. The $500 may be refundable after all.
I have no idea where could I check that...any sugestions? I live in IL
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 08:25 PM
Forum Superstar

the reason they do not want to take that check is they will not get the brokerage fee they get for writing a loan
and your deposit is refundable
do not make threats
do not yell
just go into the office and start by asking for your deposit, when they do not give it, call toyota USA in torrance California and ask for the complaint department
ave the number available and a cell phone, when they get on the phone tell them the dealers name and city, by that time they will ask you to accept your check just to keep you from having toyota straiten it out.
Toyota is sensitive about this kind of stuff and reacts to customer complaints seriously.

Full of life and loving it.

www.justgoodtrails.com/waiting

Save the cactus

Trail Nuts, not just for squirrels anymore
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 08:31 PM
Forum Veteran

Quote:
alterado previously said:
I have no idea where could I check that...any sugestions? I live in IL
If you made the deposit via check they should not have cashed it. If they did they owe you the money. If you used a credit card (what I usually do) you can contest the charge and have your credit card company issue a credit.

As others said, contact Toyota and issue a complaint and request follow up to resolve the matter. Your e-loan check is legal tender for the vehicle, I cannot believe how some dealerships are abusing the popularity of this vehicle.

Best of luck to you!
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 08:33 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
highbeams previously said:
the reason they do not want to take that check is they will not get the brokerage fee they get for writing a loan
and your deposit is refundable
do not make threats
do not yell
just go into the office and start by asking for your deposit, when they do not give it, call toyota USA in torrance California and ask for the complaint department
ave the number available and a cell phone, when they get on the phone tell them the dealers name and city, by that time they will ask you to accept your check just to keep you from having toyota straiten it out.
Toyota is sensitive about this kind of stuff and reacts to customer complaints seriously.
agreed. although you want to whine piss and moan dont do it in their offices. like highbeams says - be calm and collected - take a few deep breaths before your go in and be armed with the telephone numbers, contact info, web site print outs from better business etc etc,....armed to the gills with information and a cellphone will get them very nervous. when they tell you that will do nothing - get on the phone to toyota usa in torrance and seriously follow through with your complaint in their office. figure out all of this stuff before hand so you dont fumble around and look unsure of yourself. you want to be as ****sure as ever. you show them that you are serious and they will probably give you your deposit back. if you really want to kick it up you can hire a lawyer as well or get your friend (make sure it's a smart one or a good actor) to go in as your legal counsel. all stealerships ever need is some pressure and they'll fold. if all that fails start raising a fuss (not your temper) and make sure other customers hear your story, or pick one out and start talking to them.

bottom line - they're fu(cking with you - you fu(ck with them. keep it cold and business like and never smile, unless it's one of those fu(ck you smiles.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-27-2006, 08:39 PM
Forum Master

Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
caliFJ previously said:
keep it cold and business like and never smile, unless it's one of those fu(ck you smiles.
I believe you're talking about this smile:

"Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit." -- Anthony Bourdain

Promote skepticism and critical thinking. www.randi.org

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in