Can I have it the way I want it? - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving This area is for purchasing help, dealer negotations as well as test driving impressions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Can I have it the way I want it?

Wonderin if I can have my FJ built the way I want it... 4X4, Stick, with Airbags. Voodoo Blue. Thats it.

All the ones advertised are loaded up to the gills with options... Which I don't need.

Does this cost more?

Oh, and i've never bought a new car, so don't flame me if i'm asking a dumb question.

Last edited by JoshBowers; 04-29-2006 at 12:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 12:58 AM
fka JimmyHoops

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Can I have it the way I want it?

You can theoreticly purchase a base model and add air bags. Almost all of the cruisers shipped to date have the convenience package. You would have to find a good dealer to order your base model. Be sure not to pay one thin dime over MSRP...that is a mistake that a few have made (regretably for some). If you find a good dealership and a good salesman, they will locate one for you. Others have had to travel for their cruisers and drive it home.

See the toyota website link:

http://www.toyota.com/fjcruiser/inde...GM_TN_FJ_INDEX

It should give you a decent idea of what is technically available from Toyota. Hope that helps.

Best of luck,
Jimmy

Have a question & need an answer? Do an "Advanced Search" and ye shall find: https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...n-dummies.html

'07 FJ, VooDoo Blue, M/T6...mostly stock but beginning its metamorphosis into a expedition worthy rig.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 04:31 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
JoshBowers previously said:
Wonderin if I can have my FJ built the way I want it... 4X4, Stick, with Airbags. Voodoo Blue. Thats it.

All the ones advertised are loaded up to the gills with options... Which I don't need.

Does this cost more?

Oh, and i've never bought a new car, so don't flame me if i'm asking a dumb question.
I did it, so I know it can be done. Base 4WD manual with floor mats. You will have to shop around for the right dealer who is willing to work with you though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 04:35 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
mini2nut previously said:
I did it, so I know it can be done. Base 4WD manual with floor mats. You will have to shop around for the right dealer who is willing to work with you though.
Not only will you have to shop around, you will have to know the product more thouroughly than the dealerships. Know your sh!t because you will be coming up against the most moronic idiots you've ever met. Seriously to get a base MT6 you will need to search far and wide if you want it now. If you place an order with a dealership make sure that you have a written agreement and that you have some level of "trust" with the dealership. Above all, good luck!!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

I don't need the thing right now. I can wait a couple months...

Guess i'll start calling around. Only one Toyota dealer in my area, but guess I can drive a few 100 miles for an FJ Cruiser if they won't cooperate.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 05:19 PM

Josh you and I are on the same page 6mt air bags my first new car (not my first 4x4 I have four of them in my drive way), but I'm looking at silver. Well at this point silver is the color. I haven't seen silver or black cherry yet. I have talked with two delears. One said if they got one in that way they would call mee so I could take a look. They get only loaded ones then add evern more things to the truck and soon it's up to $34,000.00. The other one said you can't special order the fj, they all have the "cq" when they leave the factory. Then yesterday I went to the toyota web site and did the build it thing. I tried to send the information to 7 dealers with in an one drive of my home. One e-mailed me back and said they can get it any way I want. Color options anything. He quoted msrp for silver 6mt and air bags. All they need is a fee to order just what I want. He said it would take 120 days to get it but for me that will work to my advantage. I get a raise in Aug. that will help make the payments.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2006, 10:50 PM
Forum Regular

Quote:
colton previously said:
Josh you and I are on the same page 6mt air bags my first new car (not my first 4x4 I have four of them in my drive way), but I'm looking at silver. Well at this point silver is the color. I haven't seen silver or black cherry yet. I have talked with two delears. One said if they got one in that way they would call mee so I could take a look. They get only loaded ones then add evern more things to the truck and soon it's up to $34,000.00. The other one said you can't special order the fj, they all have the "cq" when they leave the factory. Then yesterday I went to the toyota web site and did the build it thing. I tried to send the information to 7 dealers with in an one drive of my home. One e-mailed me back and said they can get it any way I want. Color options anything. He quoted msrp for silver 6mt and air bags. All they need is a fee to order just what I want. He said it would take 120 days to get it but for me that will work to my advantage. I get a raise in Aug. that will help make the payments.
Dude, they don't need a fee to order it the way you want. That is definitely a "stealership" fee.

I would go visit a few dealers, tell them what you want ordered, and see what happens. Once they see you are serious enough to go there and that you aren't going to buy anything they have on the lot right now, they should order one for you.

And i would try to do it without a deposit. If you have to leave a deposit, make sure it is fully refundable. I would put it on a credit card to make it easier to get the deposit back if necessary. And I wouldn't be afraid to order from more than one dealer just in case they don't get yours for a long time.

jmho

looking for my brother's cat...

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in