bad dealer:green toyota springfield,il - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving This area is for purchasing help, dealer negotations as well as test driving impressions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Forum Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
bad dealer:green toyota springfield,il

my gf went to green toyota a week ago to look at a scion.she spoke to a salesman(dustin) and after she didonly game in town dealers think they can do the credit app left a $500 deposit by check,they were gonna find the car she wanted.she left the dealer and decided to pay off her car then buy a new one.she called this jag salesperson within 2 hours and got his voicemail,left the message to cancel the search and to tear up the check.well you guessed it they cashed the check and has been getting the run around from different managers.the original salesperson is always busy.so today she calls and is told salesperson is busy so she takes a ride and this jag is bs'ing outside with another salesman and she goes up to him and he's like i've never heard of this till now.so she's pissed and he gives her a bunch of bs,and says i don't think you can get your money back!!!hopefully she's gonna get her dough back by monday after she spoke to another manager.springfield is a one toyota delership town and for every other marque as well.i believe some of these only game in town dealers think they can do whatever they want to people.i didn't know that she left money/check there and she should have gone back and got the check.she's only bought one new car in her life and was treated very well by the saturn dealer in town and didn't think they would do that.also she should have never been asked for a deposit to do a dealer locate,if they find a vehicle then yes i would come in and give them some cash to get the ball rolling.when i spoke to her today,i told her when she's ready to buy lets just check out dealers around here(chicago).big city lots of dealers/inventory to choose from.since scion has that same price bs it all depends on the trade-in value she is given for her car.i think we have about 15 or more dealers around these parts so we should find what she's looking for.i'll update about the refund when she gets it,hopefully soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 06:39 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Re: bad dealer:green toyota springfield,il

You can always pay the bank fees and stop payment.......
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Forum Master

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
RoverGGM previously said:
You can always pay the bank fees and stop payment.......
the check already cleared,she thought about doing a stop payment after she called but didn't think they would cash it.she trusted them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 06:52 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Garage

Threaten with a small claims suit. I did that with my warranty company a few years ago. They weren't going to pay for something they should have covered. It was 350 bucks and I didn't appreciate getting bent over. So the day before we were to appear in court, they called to say we have your money and "we didn't think that you would go through with a suit, most people dont" I can't believe how people do business sometimes!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-05-2006, 10:59 PM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
etp095 previously said:
the check already cleared,she thought about doing a stop payment after she called but didn't think they would cash it.she trusted them.
I'd still call the bank and ask, I've had them retracted after they posted before (ex-wife, long story) .....give it a shot. That check had "cleared" too according to my online banking records, I called in the stop payment and it was charged back against the depositors account.

Last edited by RoverGGM; 05-05-2006 at 11:19 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 12:52 AM
Forum Master

Never ever leave a deposit in the form of a check. Always use a credit card. Always.

Always.

Did I mention always?

Credit card companies can easily reverse bogus charges. Not so easy to do with a check.

"Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit." -- Anthony Bourdain

Promote skepticism and critical thinking. www.randi.org

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2006, 07:36 AM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
JLam previously said:
Never ever leave a deposit in the form of a check. Always use a credit card. Always.

Always.

Did I mention always?

Credit card companies can easily reverse bogus charges. Not so easy to do with a check.
This is true, and also why I won't take a credit card deposit

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in