Bad experince with Avondale Toyota,AZ (long) - Page 6 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving This area is for purchasing help, dealer negotations as well as test driving impressions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 03:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Bad experince with Avondale Toyota,AZ (long)

Quote:
Dadagda previously said:
I dont see it as impressive that Brian McCafferty posted. One post by rjfj has the potential to lose avondale toyota thousands. Brian McCafferty is protecting his company, nothing wrong with that. But if he really wanted to make ammends why not just call RJFJ. I am sure they still have his number, he did have a deposit down.

Had RJFJ not posted on a public forum I am sure Brian would not be giving RJFJ a second thought.
Wow this is too funny. I am the Fleet Director of Nissan of Scottsdale. I have known Brian McCafferty for at least 10 years. I worked for him at Tempe Toyota and although I was let go under some awkward circumstances beyond my control (Mark Descamps set me up) I have no ill-will toward Brian. He came to visit me in the hospital after a near death experience. He also Paid me $1000 a month for no reason to make sure I ate while laid up.

Brian McCafferty is a symbol of integrity and although we are no longer close I consider him a life long friend. Brian is one of the good guys in business known for snake oil salesman. I stumbled upon this totally by accident. I was actually looking for an email address for Mike Little who is the part owner and GM of Avondale Nissan to discuss his website and pick his brain a bit on lead providers. Since both Brian and Mike are in business with Mitch Pierce I googled and found this forum somehow. I was absolutely shocked that Brian logged on and responded but I would not put it past him. In closing I had no reason to register for this and rant for several minutes at 1 am but Brian is one of the people I can count on 1 hand I would do so for. Afterall he made his dealership no hassle. Go buy at Camelback and watch them hold your family hostagfe until you buy. Throw your keys on the roof. Call until you change your number. I am sure this misunderstanding is the exception and certainly not the rule. If you think I am not a real person call me on my direct line at Nissan of Scottsdale and I will personally recommend Brian myself.

Troy Baker
Fleet Director
Nissan of Scottsdale
(480) 663-6461
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 06:39 AM
Forum Veteran

Purchased my FJ from Avondale Toyota. No problems, and I like the way the dealership worked. It's nice only having to deal with one saleperson.

I also take my FJ there for routine service .... they treat me real nice, and I love the hotties that work there!

Black Cherry, Rock Rails, Roof Rack, VIP Alarm, Tint, 3M Protection Film, Tow Hitch & Converter, Pioneer P6800DVD, JL 450/4 Amp, JL 500/1, JL Prowedge, Fosgate 3Sixty.2, Morel Elate 9 speakers, Momo Shift Knob, Nitto Terra Grapplers, TRD Exhaust, QuickShifter, CAI, Shocks/Struts.

post #53 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 11:59 AM

Quote:
tbakeratscottsdalenissan previously said:
Wow this is too funny. I am the Fleet Director of Nissan of Scottsdale. I have known Brian McCafferty for at least 10 years. I worked for him at Tempe Toyota and although I was let go under some awkward circumstances beyond my control (Mark Descamps set me up) I have no ill-will toward Brian. He came to visit me in the hospital after a near death experience. He also Paid me $1000 a month for no reason to make sure I ate while laid up.

Brian McCafferty is a symbol of integrity and although we are no longer close I consider him a life long friend. Brian is one of the good guys in business known for snake oil salesman. I stumbled upon this totally by accident. I was actually looking for an email address for Mike Little who is the part owner and GM of Avondale Nissan to discuss his website and pick his brain a bit on lead providers. Since both Brian and Mike are in business with Mitch Pierce I googled and found this forum somehow. I was absolutely shocked that Brian logged on and responded but I would not put it past him. In closing I had no reason to register for this and rant for several minutes at 1 am but Brian is one of the people I can count on 1 hand I would do so for. Afterall he made his dealership no hassle. Go buy at Camelback and watch them hold your family hostagfe until you buy. Throw your keys on the roof. Call until you change your number. I am sure this misunderstanding is the exception and certainly not the rule. If you think I am not a real person call me on my direct line at Nissan of Scottsdale and I will personally recommend Brian myself.

Troy Baker
Fleet Director
Nissan of Scottsdale
(480) 663-6461
[email protected]
I think you need to reread my original post. No where do I insult or smear Brains name. I rather commented on his actions on this board and how it relates to this thread. I do not know Brian personally and couldn’t care less about him. Brian holding your hand in a near death experience has no bearing on how rjfj was treated at Avondale. You have done your friend a disservice by dredging up this old thread.

Since my original post I actually went to Avondale to see what they had, my desperation getting the better of me. At the time they only had one fj but told me they could order me one, 4-6 weeks till delivery. This turned out to be untrue and a waste of my time. I have talked with others that are still waiting on their ordered fjs from Avondale Toyota after more than 6 months. Not what I would call quality service. Whether these experiences are exceptions or the norm I do not know.

Bash camelback all you want but they have given me the best service of any dealership in the valley. They never once lied, my family is not being held hostage and I have not had to change my phone number due to endless calling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 07:36 PM

Dag by noway am I including your post I just clicked quote instead of reply. I really did not mean to attach your quote. I simply saw someone (RJFJ) or whatever having a bad experience. I mean we all know TO has issues but don't take it out on the Cowboys. Maybe not the best example. Brian was willing to come on here and post and invite any and all to stop by for a one on one. If only Brian would stop calling me RoyBoy I would stop by. LOL just kidding. I kind of like it he has assigned a special name to me.
post #55 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 07:55 PM

Ok now I read your post after quickly replying I did not mean to attach. I don't want to get into it with you after the holding my hand line. You obviously can't have a mature conversation. Just thought I would say a few words. Call every dealer in town and say if you could tell me the one dealer to steer clear of and see how many give you a central Phoenix location. No matter the Make or Model just call and ask. Enough said. I got better things to do now then play with you here. Like I said I didn't mean to attach your post and maybe you got a little sensitive about it.

Don't belittle a nice comment about Brian visiting me. It was a nice gesture is all. He made me feel like hey we are family and not just employer/employee. It may have been the most generous thing anybody in the car biz has ever done. Well one other thing and oops it was Brian also that did this. I had some issues with money and was completely broke. Car, woman, family ,rent, etc. Brian came and reached into his pocket and handed me some bills and said whatever is there take it. Put some pride in your pocket. It was $60. Not a huge deal but to me it meant something. It got me back on my feet enough to eat, get gas and get rolling. That simple gesture got me back from my accident 100%. Go ahead and comment negative again if you must. I am just sharing two stories about one of the good guys in the business. Nothing more.
post #56 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 11:52 AM

I'm not surprised to see this kind of loose and fast playing with pricing. Car Dealers are Car Dealers no matter what their slogan.
I ran across a Highlander Hybrid Avondale had advertised as Toyota Certified and having 3.9% financing. I gave them a deposit and began to prepare to fly 600+ miles to pick up the car, then the sales manager dropped a bomb. Earlier he had told me the 3.9% financing didn't apply to "Hybrids" but now he asked if the 100,000 mile warranty I mentioned was the Hybrid Battery Warranty because it wasn't "Certified". I was told by the sales manager "it was against the law" for them to certify this car because of the mileage on it, then clarified it was against Toyota "Rules".
He only believed their own ad (their website was mysteriously down at that time), after I led him to the ad so he could read it himself on AutoTrader.com:
"Seller's Comments
Highlander Hybrid * 2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, Immaculate Inside & Out, Hard to Find, Great Gas Mileage, Tons of Power, Unbeatable Toyota Certified 7yr/100k Mile Warranty, Easy to Finance with 3.9% for 60 Months, Call to Set Your Appointment Today!!! * "

Well, I called, Set an appointment, gave my money and in the end wasn't offered what was advertised on at least 3 websites.
The Sales Manager wasn't quick to apologize or take responsibility for the issue, and only forwarded my information after requesting the dealership honor their advertisement after hinting that they should feel obligated to do so.
I was later contacted by another "Manager" who quickly pawned off responsibility on some supposed 3rd party company that placed all of their ads, and mentioned the ad is automatically copied on several sites, including their own. He did a decent job of typical used car salesmanship making it sound like I was being offered something, when I was really being offered nothing. He said they had made a mistake on pricing another car and had to pay the dealer the difference, although he never offered anything similar for my ordeal.
He also said Toyota doesn't allow cars with over xx miles to be certified, and if they could get a 3rd party warranty they would, but no warranties could be purchased for a car with the mileage it had on it. And there was nothing they could do about the 3.9% financing as that was a "Regional Toyota Offer" and didn't apply to Hybrids.
I made sure to never imply they were "false-advertising" or had purposely placed a misleading ad, but said it was to the dealer's advantage to have such positive selling points in their ad, which he disagreed with.
Instead of crawling back to them and asking for something in return to stay with the deal, I waited for them to offer an appeasement. Nothing was ever really offered, except the if there's anything we can do (to get you to buy this car anyway)...
I would probably be waiting till the end of time.
I made it a point to send my complaint to Toyota corporation and a few days later got another call from the same guy who reiterated that they would do something if they could, but there was nothing they could do, and he was "dissapointed" (that I had sent the complaint to Toyota) and gave me the standard this is a Family Owned Business, and the "One Price, One Person" sales slogan.
I would have thought in this litigious day and age a company would want to honor and appease the consumer, if not just to ward off bad publicity, let alone lawsuits.
But then I'm an outsider in the Wild-West McCainnedy country, so the same rules must not apply.
I see the NONcertified Highlander Hybrid is still apparently sitting on their lot, baking in the hot Arizona sun, now a few weeks later...which is justice enough for me! Hope they don't send ol Angel Eyes out after me for this post!
post #57 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Sounds like this dealer is up to his old tricks again, (thread is nearly 2 years old) I work at a small used car dealer, last week one of our adds was wrong by $2000, someone came in about the truck and stated the adds price in the paper, my boss sold him the truck for the price stated in the add and realy did take a hit on it, Thats what should have happend here. If a small dealer like us can do it, im sure a big dealer can.

col

08 4x4 A/T Sunfusion
CQ,UR,AO,R4,P4, 16" Procomp Rockcrawler Black Monster Steel Wheels.
post #58 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-07-2008, 10:48 AM

That's what I would have expected. Then you rake the employees/contractors who made the mistake over the coals and give them one more change before you send them to the unemployment office. I really don't care about my experience, except that it got my hopes up and wasted my Sunday afternoon. It became more amusing than anything else, but set me straight again about buying cars from dealers. Shoulda kept that '60 Lancer Wagon I think!

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in