used FJ 150K miles. Price is right? - Page 4 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving This area is for purchasing help, dealer negotations as well as test driving impressions.

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 01:43 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 671 Post(s)
Re: used FJ 150K miles. Price is right?

Yes do your self a favor and go out of State if your selection choices look like the rust bucket pictures you posted. I am like Matt from Canada, lots of winter, lots of wet salted roads, mine is two years older than Matts and looks as good... There is no need for any vehicle to look like the one shown. People don't know or are to lazy to spend three minutes at a "You Do" car wash and wash the underside of their vehicles, it does not have to be a lot of work, just keep the salt from staying in constant contact undiluted.
Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 01:59 AM
I Have a V-8!! Moderator

Mentioned: 346 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6951 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
WaJohnZ previously said: View Post
Yes do your self a favor and go out of State if your selection choices look like the rust bucket pictures you posted. I am like Matt from Canada, lots of winter, lots of wet salted roads, mine is two years older than Matts and looks as good... There is no need for any vehicle to look like the one shown. People don't know or are to lazy to spend three minutes at a "You Do" car wash and wash the underside of their vehicles, it does not have to be a lot of work, just keep the salt from staying in constant contact undiluted.
Good luck.
A person could park it in the driveway and away from the lawn and put a sprinkler under it for a few minutes in a couple places if nothing else. Set it and forget it. That will wash down the undercarriage good.
WaJohnZ likes this.

Go ahead, skin it! Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens...

I'll ride in on a sunny day, Sing you a song, steal your heart away Like a cowboy Hang my hat like I'm here for awhile Kick off my boots and drive you wild Like a cowboy Well baby you know I can't stay long You wake up, I'll be gone Until then I'll hold on Like a cowboy.

TLCA #9031
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Hey Guys, thanks for all you answers!!! that helped a LOT!!!!

I moved on and am currently debating on getting one I just drove .... looking MUCH better underneath and was importetd from pensilvania. I guess thats a lot better already, at least it looks MUCH better...

I ll keep you guys posted once I purchased one!

Cant wait!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 04:54 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 2123 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
4X4CJFJ previously said: View Post

I moved on and am currently debating on getting one I just drove .... looking MUCH better underneath and was importetd from pensilvania. I guess thats a lot better already, at least it looks MUCH better...

Cant wait!!!!

Any pics of this new one? Underside as well?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2010 Iceberg AT
Custom Tube Bumper
315/75r16
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
FJ Cruiser Matt previously said: View Post
Any pics of this new one? Underside as well?

used FJ 150K miles.  Price is right?-imageuploadedbyag-free1424832862.172822.jpgused FJ 150K miles.  Price is right?-imageuploadedbyag-free1424832891.503022.jpgused FJ 150K miles.  Price is right?-imageuploadedbyag-free1424832917.958754.jpgused FJ 150K miles.  Price is right?-imageuploadedbyag-free1424832946.878945.jpgused FJ 150K miles.  Price is right?-imageuploadedbyag-free1424833024.050466.jpgused FJ 150K miles.  Price is right?-imageuploadedbyag-free1424833051.238586.jpgused FJ 150K miles.  Price is right?-imageuploadedbyag-free1424833065.955428.jpg

Dealer stealer. He might have painted the underbody. I guess that wouldn't be too bad though, right? Let me know what you guys think.

Couldn't find anything not working on the car so far.

post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 10:33 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 2123 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Attachment 418714Attachment 418722Attachment 418730Attachment 418738Attachment 418746Attachment 418754Attachment 418762

Dealer stealer. He might have painted the underbody. I guess that wouldn't be too bad though, right? Let me know what you guys think.

Couldn't find anything not working on the car so far.

Looks a ton better than the last one!
I do have a few comments though.
It looks to be missing the front skid plate... Is that on purpose to see the rust?
Looks like someone tried and failed with some undercoat. If you look at the diff pumpkin, you can see where it looks like it was sprayed.

I'm not saying that that is bad, just something to be aware of.
Doesn't have any structural rust, guys from some states would freak, but I have gotten used to rust. My dad just bought a Gx with about this much.

What I would recommend, is buying some kind of undercoat, and spraying as much of the frame as you can. Then, find a private shop that does undercoated, and spend a couple hundred having that done. I will look closer at the pics, and see if I had anything else to add.

Cheers,
Matt

2010 Iceberg AT
Custom Tube Bumper
315/75r16
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 10:48 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)

Think you made a wise decision to pass on that first one! Would do BOTH a CarFax and AutoChek on any vehicle I was considering whether from dealer or individual. AutoChek seems to sometimes pick up things that CarFax does not! Since you have VIN for checking either, go to any Toyota dealer and have it run through maintainance DB for service history, which most do while under warranty. Separate db, I think for warranty work and would check that, as well. Even if vehicle is out of state, you can still do this. Lastly, if you want the vehicle and a price is agreed upon, make sale conditional upon taking it to a Toyota dealer to do 144 point inspection that includes looking for "codes". You contact the service mgr yourself and arrange and pay for inspection yourself, so they are working for you, not seller. If all is well, you likely will have a good vehicle. Even better if seller has all service records, indicating a more conscientious owner!
FJ Cruiser Matt likes this.
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Sounds like a Lit of work but propably worth it. I will Look up a toyota dealer near the seller. Thank la for the hint. Sounds very good.

post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-01-2015, 07:50 PM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Quote:

Cant wait!!!!
Imported from Pennsylvania is a huge warning, not a good thing. PA has the heaviest road salting schedule in the US. Vehicles there rot faster than anywhere else. Pictures look like it was heavily painted. Imported from Pennsylvania = Couldn't be sold in Pennsylvania.

SOLD - 2008 Brick Red FJ, CQ, OF, 5AT, Daystar 2.5/1.5, OPOR Sliders, ARB Skid Plate System, BajaRack OEM FJ Basket, Cooper Discoverer ATP 285/75R16 x5

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in