Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Is this FJ a good price?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  FJ All Day 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Kelly Blue Book is $29,071.

Low miles, but still 5 years old.

Convenience and upgrade packages, but no roof rack or rock rails.

By the way, that $29,000 is about what it cost new.

FYI: I paid less than $31,000 brand-new with warranty for my 2013, with about the same level equipment.

#6 ·
Internet pricing is normally the lowest a dealer will go. Its basically designed to get you to the dealership to up sell you into something else. The dealer will get $28,000 eventually for that FJ knowing thhey don't make them here anymore. Its not like the 300 camry's they have on the lot

#7 ·
This ^ Unfortunately it seems that buying an FJ is a bit trickier then any run of the mill car. I found some dealers willing to move lower then the internet price and I found some to only have a few hundred wiggle room... The best advice I can give you is know your market. Have comparable FJs to show them and get financing before showing up.. THEN tell them you will finance through them at YOUR price and a lower interest rate then you were pre approved for. I found it fairly easy to read dealers who were willing to negotiate and those who knew they had a valuable FJ and that eventually it will sell for asking price.

Right now the dealers have the upper hand when it comes to FJ Cruisers.. Know the car, know your market and know what you are willing to pay....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.