I'm posting this for two reasons:
1. I am hoping for opinions from dealer representatives on how they would react to receiving something like this by email - to [email protected]
<insertdealerdomainhere>.com ... would you think "this isn't the kind of buyer I want to pursue because I am looking for less work/easier upsale or "sellability" in my buyers ("laydowns" or "suckers"?), or "I am looking for someone who doesn't come across so knowledgeable and insistent"
2. You never know, a salesperson or dealer may want my business and have (or can get) what I need and would love to help me.
I am getting some early reponses where it seems the salesperson doesn't even read what I went through the trouble to "spec out". I am getting other responses proposing vehicles that just won't fit my needs/wants due to inventory issues.
Anyway, here is what I am getting ready to mail out to more dealers in the Nashville, TN, Charlotte, NC, and Roanoke, VA areas. Seriously, please let me know what you think.
Vehicle Request (Updated)
Please note these changes to my original request:
1. Added the 5-speed automatic transmission model as a consideration
2. Removed the Black Diamond and Cherry Pearl color choices as considerations
3. Added percentage degree of interest to certain items
4. I have begun communicating my request to dealers in the area of Knoxville, TN and Roanoke, VA – outside of the “SET” distribution area.
I am in the market for an FJ Cruiser. I have created a list of my needs and wants below. Both lists, and all items listed within those lists, are in order of preference. I plan to buy the vehicle when I find a dealer that has what I am looking for.
2007 FJ Cruiser 4x4 MT (70% preferred by me)
2007 FJ Cruiser 4x4 AT (30% preferred by me)
Color Choices –
1. Titanium Metallic (90% preferred by me)
2. Voodoo Blue (10% preferred by me)
Upgrade Packages -
1. Upgrade Package #2 for MT (90% preferred by me)
2. Upgrade Package #1 for MT (10% preferred by me)
If there is a delay in delivery due to lack of availability of certain “WANTS” options, I would consider vehicle configurations that are reasonably close to my WANTS. For instance, if a vehicle became available containing everything listed above but Window Tint, I would give serious consideration to buying that vehicle and have aftermarket parts acquired and/or services performed after the sale. I am not interested in the Sun Fusion color choice at all.
My “NEEDS” are not negotiable.
I am not interested in any vehicles priced above MSRP. I am also not interested in buying any vehicle where I am charged for un-requested items like “Toyoguard Plus Protection”, etc. I realize that some dealerships point to SET as the origin of the Toyoguard Plus Protection add-ons stating that “all vehicles coming from SET have this added and it cannot be removed”, but I have been seeing FJ Cruisers in inventory here in the southeast region (North Atlanta Area) without the additional “junk” fees on the invoices.
I am definitely not interested in tire and wheel packages like “16"Machine Cut AL BFAT Wheels & Tires-WY50” because if I was going to be invoiced $1,599 for upgrading from stock black steel wheels to something else, I would be looking to the Upgrade Package #2 for MT or Upgrade Package #1 for MT for an upgrade in wheels/tires.
I would be interested in your financing options, providing for a 20%-30% down payment. I have excellent credit. I am NOT interested in any lease options/programs. I am also only interested in purchasing from a dealer with the lowest priced and/or most inclusive vehicle at or below MSRP. For instance, my research has found that other buyers (approximately 39%) are paying on average (as of this writing) $1 to $1000 below MSRP lately (see https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...ults&pollid=49
for survey results). If a vehicle has additional items included (like floor mats, rear door storage, cargo cover, passenger arm rest, rock rails, spare tire cover, side curtain airbags, wheel locks, etc.), and a dealer opts to NOT invoice for them, those monetary considerations will be given to pricing at or below MSRP in comparing dealer offerings. A dealer may also opt to remove such items from the vehicle (spare tire cover, floor mats, etc.), if possible and without causing damage or permanent alteration to the vehicle. Consideration will also be given for any promotional items/offerings.
- Vehicle is to be delivered at the time of purchase with no more than 10 miles on the odometer (negotiable for dealers outside of the Atlanta area).
- No dealer nameplates are to be installed on the vehicle other than one (1) dealer license plate, installed in the normal license plate location, or one (1) vinyl graphic sticker on the rear door or bumper location of the vehicle.
- No last minute additional “dealer fee” surprises at the time of closing the sale, or no deal.
- Ample opportunity to inspect the vehicle to my satisfaction prior to the sale and delivery of the vehicle.
- Vehicle delivered at the time of sale with the fuel tank full of unleaded fuel.
I do not mind waiting for the right vehicle and “deal” to be presented/found. I will consider North Atlanta area dealers as the priority in the near term, but I will be traveling to and from Indianapolis, IN in the next couple of weeks as well as the Southwestern Virginia area thereafter and would entertain opportunities with dealers in and on the way to and from those locations IF I cannot find what I need locally.
Here is my contact information:
Taking calls from 8am to 8pm any day