Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Possible NSSE Deal?

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  iHog 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I'm in the market for my first FJ with a budget around 20k(+ or - a few thousand). Around my 1000 mile radius I came across this 2011 NSSE: https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/d/henderson-2011-toyota-fj-cruiser/6826883675.html

Has a few tasteful mods like wheels, lift, winch, and lights. Currently sitting at 101k miles and they are asking 24k obo. I feel like that may be a little high for the amount of miles and, but I could be wrong. I'm not too sure if the fact that it is an NSSE hikes up the price, or if the seller is factoring into their asking price the mods that were done.

My ideal FJ would be a manual, low miles, and preferably a 2010+ for newer motor. Those are obviously pretty hard to come across, but I would make an exception for the transmission for an NSSE or TSSE in the forest green color combo(like the one above). I've found a few 07s local with 70k miles for $19k, and 47k miles for $22k. Both manual and in Voodoo Blue.

Do y'all think this rig is priced fairly, or should I have a little big of wiggle room to negotiate?

Thank you!

See less See more
#2 ·
I have one with 68K miles, auto. KBB Private Party sales is at $22,500-$23,600.

In comparison, it gave me this TT with 65K miles and they're asking $32K. Sorry, but the dash top bubble gauges and a rear power port are not worth the extra $ IMHO. I ran mine with and without the TT pkg and there is no price change.

https://www.kbb.com/cars-for-sale/476106033/?mileage=69000&category=suv&_=1551383677921

They can ask whatever they want, getting it is another story. Make 'em an offer of what you're comfortable with. It looks like he wants some $ back for his mods which is normal.

#3 ·
Do y'all think this rig is priced fairly, or should I have a little big of wiggle room to negotiate?
Buy/Sell Guide here - https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/for...complete-guide-buying-selling-fj-cruiser.html

The correct way to determine the value of this truck is to price another stock truck and then add on the value of the mods. Here's a CarGurus search for similar trucks (all 2011 green nationally) and the most comparable truck on miles / price is about $2K overpriced. Factoring in the mods -- that OME is about the cheapest "good lift" you'd put on this truck, and that winch insert is overpriced when new -- I still think this truck is $1-2K more than what it's worth.

My own similar '11 NSSE at 66K miles sold for market value of the truck ($26K) plus 45% of the value of the mods ($13K). So, ~$32K. But it was a lot more, and much better, modified than this truck.

Your 1000 mile starting radius is a start, but you should be searching the whole country. Plane tickets and gas are cheap. Good luck!

#7 ·
Thank you for the input everyone! I do value a single owner with service records and a desert history quite a lot, and would be okay paying a slight premium for that. I'm located in Arizona where it barely rains, so we don't have to worry about rust down here.

#9 ·
I won't speak to the price they're asking, but as for the mileage, it's not high. It really depends on the quality of the mileage. Was it rough mileage, or highway commuting? That's a good question to ask. Aside from that, considering that the average person drives 15,000 miles per year, at 8 years old, your prospective buy might have easily had 120,000 miles on it.

#10 ·
Well the NSSE in Vegas sold before I could take a look at it.

But through word of mouth I heard of an 07 manual with 34k miles local that was up for 20k. Had a Fabtech 6 inch lift, Pro Comp wheels, and fresh 35s. Ended up getting it for 19k and went out wheeling the next day.

Attachments

#13 ·
But through word of mouth I heard of an 07 manual with 34k miles local that was up for 20k. Had a Fabtech 6 inch lift, Pro Comp wheels, and fresh 35s. Ended up getting it for 19k and went out wheeling the next day.
Based on the year / miles and mods that's *very well bought* :rocker:

A couple of things to keep eyes on with the '07's: weak rear diff and the fender bulging. The former is fixed by either replacing gears or replacing the rear axle, the latter isn't really fixable. No reason to fiddle with the rear diff unless you want to pre-emptively regear for those 35's.

Congrats!

#14 ·
Thank you everyone! I'm very happy with the purchase overall.

My friend pointed out a very slight bulge on each front fender under the hood, no tearing though. I'll see about welding some sort of support bracket over each bulge just in case it spreads. Haven't done much research into the issue honestly, but will do so at a later time.

Right now the plan is to enjoy it how it is and modify what I see fit in the future. Skid plates and rock sliders are going to be first though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.