Need help on buying used FJ - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving This area is for purchasing help, dealer negotations as well as test driving impressions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 01:33 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Re: Need help on buying used FJ

Quote:
t2sj previously said: View Post
I'm looking at a 2007 4X4 FJ Cruiser with 37,000 miles and the following options: Front side airbags in addition to the standard front and curtain airbags, Rear locking differential, tow hitch and roof rack. The price is listed as $20,775 which seems high to me. They don't seem willing to budge on the price so I may be out of luck. However, the FJ's here in North Carolina have disappeared. I wish I had bought a month ago and gotten a new one. It's a Toyota Certified Used vehicle, if that makes any difference. Does this seem like a fair price? Thanks for your help!
It is a little high but let me explain.
I bought mine used about 6 months ago.
The first place I went to had basically what you listed without the rack & listed at $21k. After a week or so of work, I wound up getting all the above down to $18k with the roof rack & nerf bars thrown in.

During that time I went shopping around & I was miserably surprised to find what a hard line most of the places were drawing on their price and this was when gas prices were at a high. I didn't find a deal even close to what I was getting. Most places had models of the same year with about 10-15k less miles but were hard at $20-21k with NO extras thrown in. Some were certified used, mine was not but I got a really good deal on the extended warranty so I took it.

So yes, it is a little high but its not terribly out of going range. If anything out there is like what is happening by me, deals are just hard to come by with these right now.

So my advice to you is BE PATIENT. It sucks to wait but the right deal will come along.

Also, if you are trading in, don't let them know until you are almost ready to start signing papers.

My intro...

The result in progress...

next...
Aux lights, rear AC outlet, polar ice gum dispenser, side mounted gatling guns
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in