Price on 2007 FJ (NEW). Good Deal? - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving This area is for purchasing help, dealer negotations as well as test driving impressions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Price on 2007 FJ (NEW). Good Deal?

Guys - can you give me an idea on how this price looks?

This is for a 4x4 AT, with Convenience Package, Offroad package, dealer installed skid plate, rock rails, and roof rack.

MSRP is 29,684, dealer is offering 26,428.

it has about 200 miles on it, not sure where those came from.

What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 01:36 PM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to N8RV
Re: Price on 2007 FJ (NEW). Good Deal?

Sounds fishy to me. What has that vehicle been doing for 2 years? To me, that's not a "new" vehicle -- that's used.

I bought mine new (the only miles it had on it were from my test drive) for $25K. Manual transmission, not AT. Considering that they're apparently phasing out the FJ, I would imagine that the dealers would like to move them, even at a significant loss. However, I could be wrong. I was once.

Don
Peoria, AZ

'07 FJ (Tonka)
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
N8RV previously said: View Post
Sounds fishy to me. What has that vehicle been doing for 2 years? To me, that's not a "new" vehicle -- that's used.

I bought mine new (the only miles it had on it were from my test drive) for $25K. Manual transmission, not AT. Considering that they're apparently phasing out the FJ, I would imagine that the dealers would like to move them, even at a significant loss. However, I could be wrong. I was once.

Okay my mistake - this one is actually a 2008. it's just been sitting on the lot for a while. think there's any chance a dealer would part with one of these 08's for 22-23k range?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 06:17 AM
Forum Superstar

Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
2max previously said: View Post
Okay my mistake - this one is actually a 2008. it's just been sitting on the lot for a while. think there's any chance a dealer would part with one of these 08's for 22-23k range?
I would offer them $21,500 and just see what they say. They might accpet your offer or make you a counter-offer that is reasonable. They really want to move any remaining '08's off the lot ASAP, so that is in your favor.

Best of luck to you in your negotiations and let us know how it plays out!

Sun Fusion 4X4 AT CQ GY DL FE XY PW CA TC QS
Dual horn,Michelin Latitude Tours with MB Chaos wheels
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 06:55 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
MelloFJYellow previously said: View Post
I would offer them $21,500 and just see what they say. They might accpet your offer or make you a counter-offer that is reasonable. They really want to move any remaining '08's off the lot ASAP, so that is in your favor.

Best of luck to you in your negotiations and let us know how it plays out!
X2! It's a buyer's market out there!

'16 TACO TRD4x4 Offroad Double Cab....

[SOLD]'08 BD, 2.5 SAWs, TC UCAs, Rocktek Tube Bumper, Rocktek Sliders, ATX Thugs, 285/70R17 Hankook Dynapro MTs, M-PAC Back Rack & Straddle, aFe Hi-Tuck, TRD CAI, Big Bill Combo, Diff jock strap, Agent Skulley Shifter, Custom Charcoal Canister
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 07:33 AM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

All depends on the area of the country. Here in CO, there are not many left on the lots, and I just bought my 2008 with Off Road package with 2500 miles on it for 26K. That was the best deal I could find locally for such low mileage.

Good luck, and I hope you can work them!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 11:34 AM
Forum Veteran

all i know is the prices i see "today" are good compared to what I paid (MSRP).

Really depends on the dealer. How bad they are hurting, etc...I went with a friend to 8 Toyo dealers as he is in the market for a Tacoma and most of them had no FJs while the other ones had 1-2 and they are all 2008s.

I know there are deals to be had. There was one dealer that actually had a 2007 Tacoma Off Rd pkg on the lot. They kept saying "NEW" when in reality it was a dealer demo truck. 600 miles. Yeah new kept trying to get my friend to pay a 2009 price on a 2007 (mind you it was built in 2006!!!) model. It was an insult. They took only 4k off the 2007 MSRP. Come on. My friend told the sales manager that the car deprecaites every year and it has miles so the price is outrageous. The manager laughed at him and continued to say "It is new!!!!!". Sure it has never been titled but someone drove it these past few years. They guy would not budge. Very nice truck and it even had a minor scratch in the bumper!!! My friend wanted to run a VIN chk on it and the manager was like, "It is new! You're wasting your money if you do that" ugh shut up! sounded like he had something to hide

So as you can see its dependent on the dealer. I'd say most won't play easy but if you wait them out a month or so and that truck is still on their lot they seem to get antsy. My friend is striking up a good deal on a used 2008 Tacoma fully loaded off rd pkg, kinda jealous. He had his eye on it since Feb and it was still on the lot and they discounted the heck out of it!

Just do not act like you have to have it or you are desperate... the more eager you seem the more they will not play. and if it sells hey it wasn't meant to be.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)

I bought a new 08 in Nov. for 24k Yeah they should play ball. I agree offer 21500 and see what they say.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

(Thread Starter)

thanks for all the advice. I would take an 08 for 24k OTD right now. I've talked to maybe 5-6 different dealers, all have FJ's, but they want to get 26-27k for most of them. Seems silly when the 09's are arriving and cost maybe $1000 more!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 03:01 PM
Forum Superstar

Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
2max previously said: View Post
thanks for all the advice. I would take an 08 for 24k OTD right now. I've talked to maybe 5-6 different dealers, all have FJ's, but they want to get 26-27k for most of them. Seems silly when the 09's are arriving and cost maybe $1000 more!
Even fully loaded, the dealer is asking too much at 26-27K, IMHO. The still need to move 'em off the lot for the '09's, even if there won't be as many of these due to production cuts.

I am looking at buying a '09 myself later this year when the 2010 model comes out, hopefully in August or September. I was hoping to get a good deal on an '09, but if there are in limited enough numbers, maybe I won't be able to?

Sun Fusion 4X4 AT CQ GY DL FE XY PW CA TC QS
Dual horn,Michelin Latitude Tours with MB Chaos wheels

Last edited by MelloFJYellow; 04-24-2009 at 03:03 PM.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in