Asked to leave dealership!! - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving This area is for purchasing help, dealer negotations as well as test driving impressions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 06:31 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Re: Asked to leave dealership!!

Sweet story, great ending but that dealership sounds like pure crap, I don't care if YOU were the jerk, they should still be professional in telling you that the deal would not work. I'd go shake his hand and thank him for keeping you from making the mistake of doing business with him.

The "Infidel" 2007 FJ 4x4 Taitanium Metallic with Linex! All Pro Offroad Front/Rear Bumpers, Rock Rails, 10k Engo winch, Optima Yellow Top, Differential Armor, & Shock Skids. OME lift, PIAA 525s, Scuba Modded, MPAC Racked out, 16" Method NV Wheels, 315/75R16 Mickey Thompson Mud Country's, TRD CAI, Hi-Lift Jack Mounted. etc... 1*

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 06:32 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

You will be happier now that you got what you wanted and did not settle for the other one anyway. You will probably keep it for a long time. Glad you found the one with the options and the color you were looking for.

Mods: Rough Country 3" lift, Toyota Rock Rails, 285/70/17 BFG AT KO's, Bandi Mount/Midland 75-822
Protected by: Bud Built

Flying Brick's Buildup Thread

post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 07:06 PM
Forum Regular

sometimes things happen for a reason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 07:22 PM
Kokopelli Moderator

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

When a door is closed, just look around--a window is wide open!

Nice job waiting for the best color of all...................BD RULES!~

2008 Black Diamond
Toytec|Ricochet|TRD|Quickfist|Camburg|Light Racing|Hella|Ellis|MetalTech|BajaRack|Nitto TerraGrappler|DISCOUNT TIRE
TLCA Member #18690
Made in Japan, but BUILT in the U.S.A.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 07:29 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage

yeah they gave me the $900 for roof rack option.......but if you order one through parts after you buy truck it is like $600-700....

If I had to do it all over would have taken mine without rack and bought one I ended up with anyhow..the Baja Rack...but then again my dealership forgot to charge me for the rack so I felt like I made out best.

I have a high art, I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me.- Archilochus, 650BC
USAF (Retired)
NRA Life Member
------
00 LX470, Nitto Trail Grapplers, WhiteKnuckle sliders, BumpItOffroad front and rear, Titan winch

Swamp Fox Land Cruisers of South Carolina

Lowcountry AMSOIL Products
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 08:20 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to DOCCRUZ

Good Dealin Stand Your Ground....BD Rule

2008 FJ Cruiser Black Diamond 4X4 Option 2, factory hitch, Roof Rack, Sirius Install, Garmin 680, SkyCrapper 3 inch w/struts.Toyo Open Country 285/70/17 on Factory Alloys. SpyderTrax, Rock Rails, Tailight Guards, Stone Guards on headlights. GearType Razor Wings.BushWackers, TRD exhaust.
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 02:14 PM

that's the first time i've heard of a dealer turning a potential buyer away....wow...
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Forum Master

Quote:
streetsweeper previously said: View Post
that's the first time i've heard of a dealer turning a potential buyer away....wow...
That's funny, we ask customers to leave all the time.. It happens when you ask for too much, and aren't reasonable.. It all depends on how you delt with them. Since we only have one Side of the story and that side is the side of who was pushing to pay as little as possible. We don't really know what was actually said and in the mannor in which it was said..

Unless you have a recording of the exact conservation from start to finish, we can never really know why the Sales manager asked you to leave.. There was a reason and a good one, especially in this market..

There is a lot more to this story than what the author is stating, as it is his story, and of course, He is never going to make himself out to be the bad guy here...

Oh, and Yes, the Roof Rack is 670.00 plus install, we still have to put it together. So 900.00 depending on the hourly rate at that dealership isn't out of the question, and he did say "ABOUT" that could mean 850 to 900.

Just my .02, but believe me there is more to this story..

007-FJ

It isn't a vehicle,it's a LEGEND

post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 04:00 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to fjessence

That is ridiculous man, I'm glad you found your FJ and that is all over with, now you can start moddin and wheelin!

"Sand Ronin" 08' Sandstorm FJC
TRD Supercharged, Demello 3 hoop front bumper with Acro fogs and 22" LED bar, Demello 3 piece rear bumper with Acro fogs, 50" Curved OZUSA LED bar with Trailworx Fab A-Pillar mounts, Demello Hybrid sliders, All Pro engine skid, Fox 2.5" coilovers with reservoirs, Fox 2.0" rear shocks with reservoirs, 17" KMC Hoss wheels w 285 BFG KM2s

Sand Ronin Build Thread

-Sang
DO Rocks!
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 04:04 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)

All people get tired of getting beat up.

Or beat down as it seems.

But as the previous poster said there is more to the story I am sure, but it certainly could be on the dealership side.

I would buy a used truck before I would ever by another manager vehicle. I bought a new FX4 150 a few years ago. They marked it down 1000.00 bucks, but it was what I wanted. Supposed to have had 4800 miles on it, after having it awhile I noticed it had been wrecked and repainted, parts that should have been replaced that were not. Then they denied it had been wrecked. How do you prove it. Without a legal war.

I think you made the right choice. You got what you wanted, and the color you wanted. Congrats, and stay away from the place. Put a sticker on your truck of where you bought it at to send customer there.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Dealer Negotiations/Test Driving

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in