Forum Regular

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Garage
Re: Rtic Coolers 30% off

Quote:
BIGGUY previously said: View Post
I didn't even know they had baskets and dividers. I didn't see them on the site anywhere so I Googled them and found the page that way. Nice additions to the coolers.
The baskets are great if you want to use the cooler with dry ice. Keeps more fragile stuff in them from getting too close to the dry ice(I.E. a coke put in to quick chill). I plan to use the 45 as my long term cooler for weekend trips to save some room in my fridge for stuff that is more picky about temperature.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-28-2017, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
I Have a V-8!! Moderator

Mentioned: 353 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7039 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Joabmc previously said: View Post
I have a few tumblers that were made for a run and use it every day with no complaints or discernible difference to my wife's yeti
I've constantly got an iced tea whether I'm in the house or the truck. I used to use a plastic cup that looked like an old Coke glass that I get at a drive in down in UT when I get my truck serviced. I usually grab at least 2-4 of them and I use one in the house and one in the truck. They last just about long enough to make it to my next service. Usually it's the lid that starts to leak because of pulling off and then putting it on so much wears the surface of it. I decided to look for something else and found the RTIC Tumblers and bought some. I only had to use them a couple of days and I loved them. I then decided to get some of the 64oz bottles to replace my Nalgene bottles that I use since they don't keep the tea cold for long and the bottles will along with the fact that I'll use less ice and if needed when on a drive or something I can always fill a bottle or two with ice. I've been very happy with them. I also picked up a few tumblers and a couple of bottles for gifts.
Joabmc likes this.

Go ahead, skin it! Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens...

I'll ride in on a sunny day, Sing you a song, steal your heart away Like a cowboy Hang my hat like I'm here for awhile Kick off my boots and drive you wild Like a cowboy Well baby you know I can't stay long You wake up, I'll be gone Until then I'll hold on Like a cowboy.

TLCA #9031
post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 12:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Thanks, been looking at them for awhile. Couldn't pass this up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
I Have a V-8!! Moderator

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
2.ooohhh previously said: View Post
The baskets are great if you want to use the cooler with dry ice. Keeps more fragile stuff in them from getting too close to the dry ice(I.E. a coke put in to quick chill). I plan to use the 45 as my long term cooler for weekend trips to save some room in my fridge for stuff that is more picky about temperature.
I've never used dry ice before. I figured I'd use it for sandwiches or condiments to keep them up out of the ice. Like I mentioned up above I have an ORCA 26qrt and it's about the perfect size for me right now. The 45 will be for picking up foods from the fruit/veggie stands, Sam's Club which are 180 miles from me. I can also use it to carry extra bags of ice when needed. The big thing might be for picking up orders or German beer though.
Joabmc likes this.

I'll ride in on a sunny day, Sing you a song, steal your heart away Like a cowboy Hang my hat like I'm here for awhile Kick off my boots and drive you wild Like a cowboy Well baby you know I can't stay long You wake up, I'll be gone Until then I'll hold on Like a cowboy.

TLCA #9031
post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 01:15 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 1120 Post(s)
Garage

Thanks for sharing. I just got a 45 to keep in the FJ, full time. Such a good investment. I'd love a 65 but it's freaking huge! We've used 65s on large group trips and I'm a believer.

Quote:
Iconic_ previously said:
LEDLIYFJL: Live Every Day Like Its Your FJ's Last
Mad Maxxine Build - 2007 Fresco Silver Metallic
IG: madxmaxxine
post #16 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 02:16 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)

The tumblers look like those Rocky Mountain Coolers advertised on TV, where they put coffee in them and then freeze them in a block of ice or put ice in them and put them in boiling water. I don't think there is any real technology in them, the trick is forming an insulated vacuum sealed cavity.

The reason why we retain memories is because we are not caught in a time loop. The reason why we are not caught in a time loop is because it is not possible to go backwards in time only forward!
*CurbCrawler fabricated hidden front receiver.
*CurbCrawler fabricated Hi-Lift receiver mount.
*CurbCrawler fabricated SS dual battery tray & Walmart Battery.
*CurbCrawler fabricated 4-Gauge dash pod.
*CurbCrawler fabricated Aux fuse/relay panel.
Gibson cat-back exhaust (Dyno Proven)
Complete set of aluminum skid plates.
Receiver mounted 9k-lb rear winch.
Hayden trans cooler w/electric fan.
Factory rock rails.
Moon roof.
LED fog & backup lights.
Husky mats: front, center & rear.
post #17 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
I Have a V-8!! Moderator

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
CurbCrawler previously said: View Post
The tumblers look like those Rocky Mountain Coolers advertised on TV, where they put coffee in them and then freeze them in a block of ice or put ice in them and put them in boiling water. I don't think there is any real technology in them, the trick is forming an insulated vacuum sealed cavity.
The tumblers are just basic 50's technology where the vacuum thermos like the Thermos and Aladdin brands are made from. The big thing with these is they are $10 or $11 for the 30oz version vs $60 from Yeti or others. From what I've read they are all made in basically the same plant. The 3 big ones in all the tests are usually the RTIC, YETI, and a Wal Mart brand. When all is said and done they are all pretty much the same with RTIC and Yeti being a little better than the Wal Mart version so then it comes down to price and the RTIC is about a dollar more than the Wal Mart brand so it's those two that people like. I haven't used my Tumblers in the summer yet, but so far the last 2 or 3 months I've had them I really like them. Usually I'll drink several iced teas or water during the day and I'd have to add ice several times in my old plastic cup. Now if start out with a full cup of ice I can go all day and into the evening and only add ice once or twice and it's just to top off the cup an inch or so. I've been in my truck running errands and taking drives a couple of times since I got them and I've actually had the ice cubes freeze together in the cup into one large chunk which never happened in the plastic cup. I haven't used mine for any hot drinks yet, but they are supposed to keep drinks hot for like 6 hours adn the test and reviews seem to agree that they do.

The bottles are the same as the tumblers or a regular thermos. A vacuum bottle with a lid. I use mine to hold iced tea or water to refill my tumbler and they keep the stuff cold and the ice doesn't melt anywhere near as fast as with the old Nalgene bottles I was using.

I was never into the fancy coolers because I had two Engels. I don't use the Engels now like I used too because I'm basically doing just day trips in the area now. Last summer I bought an ORCA cooler which is similar to the RTIC and Yeti only priced in between. It made a believer out of me. I had an Igloo 5 day cooler way back when and this puts that to shame in a big way. I've filled it with ice and after 12 days I still had a few cubes along with ice cold water. At the rated 10 days there was still a large amount of ice with some water. They seem to work pretty good.

TLCA #9031
post #18 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 02:00 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 594 Post(s)

Delivered! The basket and divider are somewhere in UPS land but the cooler is here. Not bad considering I ordered it Saturday night

And it received Sheepdog approval
post #19 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
I Have a V-8!! Moderator

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Joabmc previously said: View Post
Delivered! The basket and divider are somewhere in UPS land but the cooler is here. Not bad considering I ordered it Saturday night

And it received Sheepdog approval
Nice! I think mine is sitting out by the porch. I've been to damn sore to get ready to go out and bring it in along with some stuff from Amazon. I didn't find out about the basket because I didn't see a link on the site until someone mentioned it a couple of days after ordering the cooler. I had to do a Google search to find the page for them and then I order one of them and it should be here tomorrow I think.
Joabmc likes this.

TLCA #9031
post #20 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 02:20 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 594 Post(s)

Quote:
BIGGUY previously said: View Post
Nice! I think mine is sitting out by the porch. I've been to damn sore to get ready to go out and bring it in along with some stuff from Amazon. I didn't find out about the basket because I didn't see a link on the site until someone mentioned it a couple of days after ordering the cooler. I had to do a Google search to find the page for them and then I order one of them and it should be here tomorrow I think.

It's a little strange. Received the shipping order showing 2 packages shipped from the same facility on the same day. Both scheduled for delivery today. Got a notification that one was delivered and the other "in-transit" but still on-time... just figured they'd be on the same truck?

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Off-Topic Area > Discount Codes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in