Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7041 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
Re: Rtic Coolers 30% off

Quote:
visi0nary previously said: View Post
Wow, was just shopping for these a couple of days ago. The RTIC 45s are sold out

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Keep checking the site for awhile until they announce the sale as being over. I've been watching and they've shown that all but one or two of their bottles and Tumblers were sold out along with the lids and now I was just looking at the site and there are a lot of the bottles back up for sale and the same with the Tumblers too. One of the coolers was that way a few days ago also.
visi0nary likes this.

Go ahead, skin it! Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens...

I'll ride in on a sunny day, Sing you a song, steal your heart away Like a cowboy Hang my hat like I'm here for awhile Kick off my boots and drive you wild Like a cowboy Well baby you know I can't stay long You wake up, I'll be gone Until then I'll hold on Like a cowboy.

TLCA #9031
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 12:32 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 595 Post(s)
Rtic Coolers 30% off

Quote:
FJCRUZA previously said: View Post
I ordered the 45 yesterday in white. I hope the size and color aren't a mistake. I too wanted something I could easily lift incase I wanted to throw it up top or take out of the FJ. I also wanted something that would fit behind the seat the same direction as a fridge.

I know the Yeti's are tiny inside once opened in comparison the outside so I'm hoping the RTIC has just a little bit more room. It will be mostly for holding ice (in jugs) and drinks since I try to use pre-cooked or non perishable foods when camping/overlanding.

According to their website. The RTIC is true to capacity VS the YETI 45. I don't think you'll be disappointed. It fits nicely in the cargo area but it does have some weight to it. I'll probably get some wheels for it for this summer. 25lbs+20lbs ice+case of beverages = I'm not carrying it!
post #33 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
I Have a V-8!! Moderator

Mentioned: 353 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Joabmc previously said: View Post
I'll probably get some wheels for it for this summer.
I'm going to have wheels on mine too. Wheels with 381hp and 401trq called a Tundra. It'll be in the back seat and the ice and stuff will come to it.
Joabmc, FJCRUZA and jamesepoop like this.

I'll ride in on a sunny day, Sing you a song, steal your heart away Like a cowboy Hang my hat like I'm here for awhile Kick off my boots and drive you wild Like a cowboy Well baby you know I can't stay long You wake up, I'll be gone Until then I'll hold on Like a cowboy.

TLCA #9031
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 02:27 PM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
BIGGUY previously said: View Post
I'm going to have wheels on mine too. Wheels with 381hp and 401trq called a Tundra. It'll be in the back seat and the ice and stuff will come to it.

Hahaha!! That's a good one! Actually had me laughing. Ya see, my wife is beach fanatic. Guess who always gets stuck w/ the cooler? I have one those red Ryder 4X4 wagons from when the kids were little. I might just rip the wheels off of it and make a little quick disconnect bracket that I stick the wheels on it for dragging it around.
Something like this without the price tag. I can make these brackets for a couple bucks
https://www.ebay.com/itm/222397605117
FJCRUZA likes this.
post #35 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
I Have a V-8!! Moderator

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Joabmc previously said: View Post
Hahaha!! That's a good one! Actually had me laughing. Ya see, my wife is beach fanatic. Guess who always gets stuck w/ the cooler? I have one those red Ryder 4X4 wagons from when the kids were little. I might just rip the wheels off of it and make a little quick disconnect bracket that I stick the wheels on it for dragging it around.
Something like this without the price tag. I can make these brackets for a couple bucks
https://www.ebay.com/itm/222397605117
I did my share of lifting the heavy coolers over the years too. I had an ATV I hauled in my old '90 and I could stuff the tent and things around it but I had no place for the cooler. I had a friend weld up a basket for the hitch and it had a long arm that the basket sat on with the bottom of it level with the top of the tailgate so I wouldn't drag on the dirt roads. I carried a 40qrt Igloo 5 day cooler up there and it was a bugger lifting it in and out.

I about died when I saw the price of their wheels on the Rtic site and they are tiny ones that wouldn't be worth a damn on sand or gravel or even rocks. Something like you're thinking would be great.
Joabmc likes this.

TLCA #9031
post #36 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 12:37 AM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)

As a follow up the RTIC 45 in white was delivered today. I was worried it didn't actually ship but as mentioned, the UPS tracking information started working about 4 days after it shipped or the day before delivery.

The cooler is a little larger inside than the Yeti 45. The corner of the logo is slightly scratched off and there is a small gouge in the corner of the lid, not a big deal to me as that would have happened the first time I used it. I then checked the drain, washed and dried it so it is ready to go.

Anyway, glad I ordered as it's a good cooler for the price.
Joabmc likes this.

2007 Voodoo Blue FJ
Instagram @fjcruza
  • Front: Bilstein 5100's, notch 1, Eibach 2" springs, Wheeler's 3/8" and 1/4" spacers.
  • Rear: Fox 2.0 shocks with 2" Toytec Superflex 2.0p springs.
  • Misc: Manual transmission, 285/70R17 Cooper ATP's.
  • Gear: Cabelas roof basket, All-Pro sliders, 130 Amp alternator, Metaltech hitch, 30 lightbar, 2 yellow fog lights.
post #37 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 07:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage

Wish I wasn't late to this party, I've been looking for something comparable to Yeti without the price tag. Oh well hopefully they will have another promotion soon. They look like they stack up pretty well with the high end coolers.

UVA UVAM VIVENDO VARIA FIT
post #38 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 09:35 AM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)

So the word on the street is that Yeti vs RTIC lawsuit was settled a couple days ago. This may have something to do with why the sale has ended. RTIC will have to redesign its products which I think they have been doing for while now. New stuff coming in spring 2017

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/n...ic-settle.html

2014 Iceberg
Walker Evans 2.5 Coilovers
Walker Evans 2.0 Remote Reservoir Rear shocks
Total Chaos UCA
All-Pro Rear Springs 2"
295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
Ellis Precision Shift/Climate Knobs

post #39 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
I Have a V-8!! Moderator

Garage
(Thread Starter)

The sale is still going for soft coolers and the drink ware is still being sold although it's not on sale. The hard coolers are just sold out unless they add more like they have with the bottles and tumblers a couple of times so far.

TLCA #9031
post #40 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 10:02 AM
Forum Superstar

Glad I got mine when I did. Started with the RTIC tumbler which is no different than the YETI. I'm happy with the cooler as well. I have no doubt that it will hold up to the abuse.
My thoughts were that if I was going to spend $350-$400 on a cooler, I might as well just buy a fridge for a little more. So I jumped on this deal when I had the chance.

Here is the RTIC with divider and basket
FJCRUZA likes this.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Off-Topic Area > Discount Codes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in