MAF p0171 and Catalytic p0430 error codes - Page 3 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Engine Performance This forum is for discussion on gas, oil, exhaust and all things engine related.

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-11-2017, 01:00 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: MAF p0171 and Catalytic p0430 error codes

FWIW, an update on my 0171 and 0174 issues. I finally found a honest shop that took my rig in and did the items that needed to be done. Cleaned MAF (though I told them that I had just done that), smoke test and fuel pressure test. Said everything was fixed, charged me $240 and out the door I went. About a mile down the road here comes the lights back on, so back to the shop. They called me and said that they took it out for diagnosis run and found that the fuel pressure dropped below normal when on the road. Fuel pressure fine while idling.

I had previously talked to the shop about this:

Quote:
ZoSoIV previously said: View Post
and told them that if it turned out to be the fuel pump would they install a new one if I cut the sheet metal like these guys. (that has to be the most real red-neck video out there, it's hilarious but right on) The shop didn't have an issue of me bringing in my own fuel pump.

They said they would and so I took my FJ home, ordered an OEM fuel pump and did some cutting. Took it back and asked about cost of installing the pump through the floor - $95. They installed it for the $95 and I asked them about any other charges that incurred when I brought it back in after the lights came back on. No other charges - he said they would find and fix what was wrong and the $240 was it. Really honest people.

No more 0171, 0174 codes. BUT now the P0420/P0430 codes are in my face. As I live where smog checks aren't required, I just clear the codes when they come on.

BTW the FJ has gotten the best mpg since the new fuel pump.

KF7FHU

'07 Sun Fusion, set up for the long haul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Forum Master

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ohiobenz Send a message via Yahoo to ohiobenz Send a message via Skype™ to ohiobenz
(Thread Starter)

Why did you not go with the URD pump and external filter?

'08 Fusion: ARB rack, custom ladder, Jerry-can carrier & Hi-lift mount, DO front bumper, Expedition-1 Rear bumper, DO Hybrid Sliders, MileMarker Hyd Winch, SPEC Stage-1 clutch, Icon Stage 2 3" lift, Cobra CB, PNR Snorkel, Spidertrax spacers, All-Pro Skid plates, Airlift airsprings Plasti-Dipped hood, Arco PIAA fogs, Hella drivin lights & more......
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 02:28 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)

Quote:
ohiobenz previously said: View Post
Why did you not go with the URD pump and external filter?
So with the URD pump/filter do you have to bypass the stock pump?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Forum Master

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ohiobenz Send a message via Yahoo to ohiobenz Send a message via Skype™ to ohiobenz
(Thread Starter)

You replace the oem pump with the Walbro unit, then splice the NAPA fuel filter in the line next to the frame.
ZoSoIV likes this.

'08 Fusion: ARB rack, custom ladder, Jerry-can carrier & Hi-lift mount, DO front bumper, Expedition-1 Rear bumper, DO Hybrid Sliders, MileMarker Hyd Winch, SPEC Stage-1 clutch, Icon Stage 2 3" lift, Cobra CB, PNR Snorkel, Spidertrax spacers, All-Pro Skid plates, Airlift airsprings Plasti-Dipped hood, Arco PIAA fogs, Hella drivin lights & more......

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Engine Performance

Tags
maf , p0171 , p0430

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in