Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Trd Fj Oil Filter

5K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  TRDParts4u 
#1 ·
Has there been any changes in part numbers or parts for the TRD FJ CRUISER OIL FILTER PTR14-00000-07? I went to Sandy Springs Toyota to order one and they are listed as stop selling on the Toyota National Distribution website.

Suggestions for new part or how to get same part if there are no known issues?

#2 ·
I'm currently testing different filters and having the oil lab analyzed to see which does the best job. The TRD filter is the first test I'm doing and I'm almost ready to send in a sample. I saw an Amsoil filter that had an absolute rating of 15 microns.... that is pretty good. I'm also looking into some dual filter setups that filter to the sub micron level.... even better. Throw on the M1-301 if you can't get a TRD. It looks like a better filter anyhow... and less expensive.

#7 ·
My local dealer tells me that those filters were discontinued because of a defect. I like having a oversized filter and I cannot find any documentation of a problem. I will most likely stock up on some before they are too hard to find. I have used them since my first oil change and that was ten filters ago....

#9 ·
Does it void warranty if used?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.