It still seems odd that two sensors would fail so quickly.
I looked at a wiring diagram. If I read it correctly, the wires for the crank sensor, leaving the ECU are #21
black and #20
white, in connector C (B-3). I removed all of the connectors from the ECU, made sure they were clean and pins appearing straight. Cleared the code and it reset in a few miles. I figure the shop would replace the crank sensor before anything else, so off I go...
I removed the serpentine belt. Four bolts hold the AC compressor on, and they are fun to remove. First, the aftermarket skid plate had to be removed. Front top, front bottom and rear bottom bolts seemed best removed from the underside. Fortunately you can SEE them. Rear top bolt removed from engine access. Remove one bolt to allow the AC line to move around - this bolt was missing on my rig.
The bolt that holds the sensor is down in a depression, and so far I have not been able to loosen it from the top or the bottom. Best prospects seem to be from the bottom. I have been unable to move the AC compressor enough to SEE the bolt. I will tie the AC compressor back so I can maybe get my big, fat hands in there. The part is ordered, and I will likely give it another try tomorrow. This kind of work drives me nuts - so many obstacles, I can only see the area with one eye, which makes the depth perception difficult.
Let me know if you are interested in this, and I will post more.