Please HELP - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Engine Performance This forum is for discussion on gas, oil, exhaust and all things engine related.

25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 08:57 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 529 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Please HELP

I think that mite me a 100 series LC . ? But i am just guessing .

Edit . well you made me get off my fat butt and go look at my old bumper and it looks the same as yours so it at least has a FJ bumper . I agree i have never seen a Green Fan .

09 AT Toytec Boss performance 3inch lift, Demello sliders , TRD brakes , MT offset Lower links . Rad Rubber splash guards ,Cobra CB,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2010 TT I've not changed any of that stuff. As you can see with me holding the passenger side bracket up, the new one is more than a few inches short.
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 10:16 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 529 Post(s)

TT from what country ?

09 AT Toytec Boss performance 3inch lift, Demello sliders , TRD brakes , MT offset Lower links . Rad Rubber splash guards ,Cobra CB,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 05:12 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Well....I live in Chicago.
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 05:13 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Also trying to go through this extensive DIY on the trans fluid flush. Anything recent with pics ? I'm a visual kind of guy
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 12:39 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 612 Post(s)

slow down guys. Just walked out to my garage and looked at my FJ (2010) base model that I bought brand new in Colorado. Everything the OP is showing looks EXACTLY like mine including green fan mount, radiator supports, bending of tubes, etc.

Original poster just needs to order the OEM stuff and return the part to his auto parts store. My only guess would be they changed it up starting with the '10+ models and the new motor with oil filter mount on the bottom. They probably ordered him the 07-09 stuff.
Lee44 likes this.
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Still trying to find the longer curved lines... when I do the flush, am I using the passenger side, lower metal line to drain the trans fluid?
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 03:04 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Garage

Not really appreciating your post in this thread: https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...ler-lines.html

A number of us took time to look up part numbers, go out and look under FJs trying to match up with your pictures. I looked thru your posts trying to find out what year your FJ was and where you were located. It does make a difference. Trying to figure out what you have and your location is where a lot of the confusion came from. Personally I didn't go out and look under the FJ, been raining.

To me the existing lines don't look right, Toyota does a pretty clean job of routing lines etc. I would have guessed you were in the North East due to all the rust.

I was trying to find the correct post about the trans fluid change. Here's a Google link on the subject. Some members like to do a complete flush, Toyota recommends a drain and fill. I had the dealer do mine because at the time I didn't have a way of monitoring the trans temp or crawling around under the FJ. There are drain and fill ports on the transmission and having the trans fluid at the correct temp when you check is important.

https://www.google.com/search?source....6.FFRLJzRe6Ds

The Google search gives videos on changing the trans fluid.

Here is a forum search for threads with 'Transmission Fluid' in the title: https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...rchid=34362926

Not all members log in everyday to check the new posts.

GL, Lee
FJFool, Iconic_ and Firemedic831 like this.

Jade -- 2013 Army Green AT Crawl -- US Offroad Winch Mount / Warn 10K synthetic -- BMC -- Light Racing Upper Control Arms -- Bilstein 6112 / OME rear springs / Bilstein 5100 -- Metal-Tech Red Eye Rear Bumper -- URD Stainless Exhaust -- Cooper STT Pro LT285/70R17 E / Factory Alloys -- Smittybilt Nerf Bars -- Diode Dynamics / Light Bar / HID / LEDS -- Springtail Solutions Side Rack -- Ellis Precision - Goodies -- Cobra 75 WX ST / Bandi / 3' Firefly -- Front Runner Storage Drawer

post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
And the help is appreciated!!! Researching part numbers has been a huge assistance. I think I've found one on ebay. Dealership wants to sell me the short one as well. Something is different....
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 10:48 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 612 Post(s)

Not quite sure what the problem or issue is with getting the right parts. @Lee44 linked to Cool Springs Toyota but included 2013 parts schematic. Its as easy as changing the year and then finding the parts.

You said you have a 2010 FJ. Here is the parts schematic from Cool Springs Toyota. Not sure all the parts of the transmission cooler lines you are looking to replace but from the picture you included it appears you want to replace item #8 which if you look in the referenced list to the schematic shows:

https://parts.toyotaofcoolsprings.co...l-cooler-lines

Oil Cooler tube part # 32907-60301. List Price = $82.86 and discounted online price from Cool Springs Toyota of $57.79.

You can order direct from them the OEM part or you can order from plenty of other online OEM Toyota parts suppliers, or you can get from your local Toyota dealer and try to get them to come close to the online OEM part price. I never have luck with my local dealer getting them down to the online parts price, but you might be successful.

The internet has made OEM parts ordering the easiest thing ever. Used to be you would have to go to dealer and they would look up in their catalog and then they would special order (and you would be stuck with whatever price they gave you). Now, you can look up part number and google it and find the lowest cost provider.

Not sure why you are messing around with getting it on Ebay unless you are finding the lowest price on OEM parts there (which is possible).

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Engine Performance

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in