Seriously, this site gets slower by the month regardless of what computer I use. - Page 20 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
View Poll Results: Does this site need to speed up?
Am I crazy? 9 10.59%
This site needs some help. 76 89.41%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #191 of 194 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1868 Post(s)
Re: Seriously, this site gets slower by the month regardless of what computer I use.

****Warning Positive Feedback Below****

I did email a screen shot to "Capt. Barbosa" ????? (sorry couldn't resist ) and he (she?) did reply. I'm not sure how much has been done regarding the ad causing the issue being fixed but I have not seen it for a few days now and in that time the site has been fine, given that I don't block the ads.

While it may have taken (IMO) forever to get the attention we were asking for, now that we have it, it does seem like they are doing something.

/positive feedback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #192 of 194 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Seriously, this site gets slower by the month regardless of what computer I use.

Maybe its all the extra power it takes to ban someone thats slowing stuff down. It could be. lol

Thank you Vets

post #193 of 194 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)

Quote:
five-by-five previously said: View Post
Try the Skyfire browser, I have no issues with it.
Thanks, will give it a try later.
Quote:
BzWires previously said: View Post
Ever since this forum became a for profit site it began sucking big floppy equine member
As someone who admins a HUGE all Toyota offroad site with 88,219 members as I write this, I can assure you sites like this and mine depend on ad revenue coming in.

Last time I checked, and this was more than a few years ago, the monthly Internet bill for my site alone was around $400 a month for the bandwidth.

Big sites are not cheap to operate, and figure in new hardware every few years, money needs to be flowing in constantly, or you end up shutting the site down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #194 of 194 (permalink) Old 08-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
DiverDriver previously said: View Post
PC's suck. Get a Mac. You don't know what your missing. Smooth as butta........
Apple does make pretty stuff and I have some of it. My laptop blazes on the internet except on this site most times. Its a pc. Mac is no different as far browsing as a matter of fact, safari totally sucks. I do networking for a living and I know why the site gets slow. It is not a mac or pc issue. Say hello to steve for me

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

2013 Calvary Blue.
5704 Viper Remote start alarm. LED everywhere, Billet door sills, Billet climate knobs and grab handles. ScanguageII. Clazzio Leather seat covers and seat heaters, Outback Roof Console. Billet locking gas door. Bushwacker pocket flares, IPCW Bermuda black LED tail lights, APC Diamond cut Black turn signals, Hunter Bull Bar, PIAA LED, 530 Driving and Fog Lights, Hella Supertone dual horns, Muth Heated turn signal mirrors, 2014 rims, Ricochet Air Dam with four HIDs, Blackout complete, Lifetime LED Headlights. X-Wing Sliders, and Snorkel

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > fjcruiserforums.com Forum Help Desk/FAQ's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in