What did you do TO your FJ Cruiser TODAY? - Page 4376 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
General Discussion This area contains general discussion regarding the Toyota FJ Cruiser that does not fit into the other technical discussion forums.

 49359Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #43751 of 44885 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 12:00 PM
Forum Veteran
 
KB2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: So Cal
Posts: 403
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: What did you do TO your FJ Cruiser TODAY?

Quote:
sandFJ90210 previously said: View Post
Added Wireless Carplay
Full gauges, showing coolant temp, tire temps, tire PSI, etc.
Retained all steering controls on my 2012.
Was able to wire it, so that my OEM mirror camera, and Screen camera both work at the same time.

Very happy with it.
That's very cool! -- how much custom wiring did you have to do vs out of the box plug 'n play?
KB2012 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #43752 of 44885 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 12:07 PM
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 754
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Re: What did you do TO your FJ Cruiser TODAY?

Quote:
KB2012 previously said: View Post
That's very cool! -- how much custom wiring did you have to do vs out of the box plug 'n play?
Out of the 4 hour install. 2 hours was custom wiring. Reason being my 12 has OEM camera, and oem steering controls and bluetooth. I kept everything OEM. Didn't add any cameras, speakers etc.

If one had a base FJ, or one wanted to add cameras etc, whole install could be done in 2 hours I bet. I am too much of a perfectionist and purist (yes I realize CarPlay in a FJ is not a purist move)

Attached is the pic of the wiring
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wiring .jpg
Views:	27
Size:	383.0 KB
ID:	1077078  
Lee44 likes this.

Last edited by sandFJ90210; 04-27-2019 at 12:10 PM.
sandFJ90210 is offline  
post #43753 of 44885 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 01:02 PM
Forum Veteran
 
KB2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: So Cal
Posts: 403
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: What did you do TO your FJ Cruiser TODAY?

Quote:
sandFJ90210 previously said: View Post
Out of the 4 hour install. 2 hours was custom wiring. Reason being my 12 has OEM camera, and oem steering controls and bluetooth. I kept everything OEM. Didn't add any cameras, speakers etc.

If one had a base FJ, or one wanted to add cameras etc, whole install could be done in 2 hours I bet. I am too much of a perfectionist and purist (yes I realize CarPlay in a FJ is not a purist move)

Attached is the pic of the wiring
Thanks - I've got a 2012 w/ same OEM stuff as you - like that you kept that all intact. I may reach out to you for some tips if I decide to upgrade.
KB2012 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #43754 of 44885 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 01:16 PM
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 754
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Quote:
KB2012 previously said: View Post
Quote:
sandFJ90210 previously said: View Post
Out of the 4 hour install. 2 hours was custom wiring. Reason being my 12 has OEM camera, and oem steering controls and bluetooth. I kept everything OEM. Didn't add any cameras, speakers etc.

If one had a base FJ, or one wanted to add cameras etc, whole install could be done in 2 hours I bet. I am too much of a perfectionist and purist (yes I realize CarPlay in a FJ is not a purist move) [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/FJCruiser2/smilies/tango_face_devil.png[/IMG]

Attached is the pic of the wiring
Thanks - I've got a 2012 w/ same OEM stuff as you - like that you kept that all intact. I may reach out to you for some tips if I decide to upgrade.
welcome

This forum has helped me almost one year to find my perfect FJ TT mall crawler

If anything i can do to help- will absolutely do.

Please reach out anytime
sandFJ90210 is offline  
post #43755 of 44885 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 01:18 PM
Forum Veteran
 
FJQueue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: DC
Posts: 372
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: What did you do TO your FJ Cruiser TODAY?

Quote:
sandFJ90210 previously said: View Post
how much was it ??
It was $752. Great products...I've been wanting them for years...just finally got around to ordering them!

2010 Sandstorm TT--BajaRack Standard Basket Rack (Line-X)--BajaRack Ladder--Cobra 75 WX ST w/4' Firestik--U.S. Offroad Bumper--Warn Zeon Platinum 10-S Winch--2" Sirius Pro LED Lights--Springtail Solutions Side Basket--sPod HD--OEM Audio +--40" Sirius Pro LED Single Row Light Bar--Front Runner Rear Drawer--TRD Exhaust--Wet Okole Seat Covers--All Pro Apex Rock Sliders--more to come...
FJQueue is offline  
post #43756 of 44885 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 01:23 PM
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 754
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Quote:
FJQueue previously said: View Post
Quote:
sandFJ90210 previously said: View Post
how much was it ??
It was $752. Great products...I've been wanting them for years...just finally got around to ordering them!
yeah my red seats per dealer is $400 a seat

I have a costco $20 cover on driver for now to protect
sandFJ90210 is offline  
post #43757 of 44885 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 01:24 PM
Forum Veteran
 
FJFool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Sierra Nevada, CA
Posts: 730
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: What did you do TO your FJ Cruiser TODAY?

Broke it! I think. Steering is all wonky. It happened suddenly, but I'm still hopeful an alignment will fix it. *shrug*
Lee44 likes this.

óMIKE

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has caused all the damage to my FJ.
~ Robert Frost





42" Light Bar | Warrior Products Roof Rack | N-Fab RSP Bumper | ARB Skids | 4.0L V6 AT | ToyTec BOSS 2.0 Coilovers | Sway Bar Relocate | Toytec Superflex Heavy Duty Rear Coils | Toytec BOSS Rear Shocks | SPC Adjustable UCAs | Toytec Rear Aluminum 2" Bump Stop Kit | 265/70R/17 Toyo ATs x5 | 2" Wheel Spacers | Rad Rubber Designs Engine Splash Guards | Hi-Lift Extreme Jack
FJFool is offline  
post #43758 of 44885 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 01:26 PM
Forum Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 754
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Quote:
FJQueue previously said: View Post
Quote:
sandFJ90210 previously said: View Post
how much was it ??
It was $752. Great products...I've been wanting them for years...just finally got around to ordering them!
yeah my red seats per dealer is $400 a seat

I have a costco $20 cover on driver for now to protect
sandFJ90210 is offline  
post #43759 of 44885 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 03:59 PM
Forum Veteran
 
FJQueue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: DC
Posts: 372
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: What did you do TO your FJ Cruiser TODAY?

Quote:
FJFool previously said: View Post
Broke it! I think. Steering is all wonky. It happened suddenly, but I'm still hopeful an alignment will fix it. *shrug*
You need your Deb patch!
CRFjockey, FJFool and Lee44 like this.

2010 Sandstorm TT--BajaRack Standard Basket Rack (Line-X)--BajaRack Ladder--Cobra 75 WX ST w/4' Firestik--U.S. Offroad Bumper--Warn Zeon Platinum 10-S Winch--2" Sirius Pro LED Lights--Springtail Solutions Side Basket--sPod HD--OEM Audio +--40" Sirius Pro LED Single Row Light Bar--Front Runner Rear Drawer--TRD Exhaust--Wet Okole Seat Covers--All Pro Apex Rock Sliders--more to come...
FJQueue is offline  
post #43760 of 44885 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 04:02 PM
Forum Veteran
 
FJFool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Sierra Nevada, CA
Posts: 730
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: What did you do TO your FJ Cruiser TODAY?

Quote:
FJQueue previously said: View Post
You need your Deb patch!
Need that extra protection against Murphy.
CRFjockey and FJQueue like this.

óMIKE

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has caused all the damage to my FJ.
~ Robert Frost





42" Light Bar | Warrior Products Roof Rack | N-Fab RSP Bumper | ARB Skids | 4.0L V6 AT | ToyTec BOSS 2.0 Coilovers | Sway Bar Relocate | Toytec Superflex Heavy Duty Rear Coils | Toytec BOSS Rear Shocks | SPC Adjustable UCAs | Toytec Rear Aluminum 2" Bump Stop Kit | 265/70R/17 Toyo ATs x5 | 2" Wheel Spacers | Rad Rubber Designs Engine Splash Guards | Hi-Lift Extreme Jack
FJFool is offline  
Reply

  Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > General Discussion

Tags
modifications , mods , today , updated

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 7 (0 members and 7 guests)
 
User Tag List
WarriorProducts

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome