What did you do TO your FJ Cruiser TODAY? - Page 4427 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
General Discussion This area contains general discussion regarding the Toyota FJ Cruiser that does not fit into the other technical discussion forums.

48587Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #44261 of 44602 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 11:15 AM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: What did you do TO your FJ Cruiser TODAY?

Quote:
PupC previously said: View Post
Installed New Radiator .....
Did you upgrade to aluminum?

óMIKE

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has caused all the damage to my FJ.
~ Robert Frost

42" Light Bar | Warrior Products Roof Rack | N-Fab RSP Bumper | ARB Skids | 4.0L V6 AT | ToyTec BOSS 2.0 Coilovers | Sway Bar Relocate | Toytec Superflex Heavy Duty Rear Coils | Toytec BOSS Rear Shocks | SPC Adjustable UCAs | Toytec Rear Aluminum 2" Bump Stop Kit | 265/70R/17 Toyo ATs x5 | 2" Wheel Spacers | Rad Rubber Designs Engine Splash Guards | Hi-Lift Extreme Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44262 of 44602 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 09:22 AM
ofg

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Replaced stock subwoofer and amp with more powerful parts. Audiopipe 8" sub 4 ohm in stock fj enclosure. Dual DA301L mini class D amp. The amp is tucked in right next to the ac power unit in rear cargo fender panel. This setup is much more powerful than the stock sub and amp. Its still a somewhat wimpy 8" size, so keep that in mind. Stock fj speakers have great mid bass, and this little sub upgrade really makes the stock speakers come alive. A few weeks ago, I installed a kenwood head unit, so with complete control of the speaker tuning, the whole system is now really well balanced with alot more bass and a good bit of thump when needed.

Whole sub setup looks completely stock. Only change in appearance is the 2 red rags poking out of the sub enclosure vents to seal it up. I may look for some black foam or something to clean up the look, but for now, its nice to have a couple clean rags tucked in. Never know when you might need a clean rag...
FJFool and Lee44 like this.
post #44263 of 44602 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 09:24 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Garage

Finally installed my new head unit, a Kenwood DNX695S. What a PIA! Works great except my new rear camera I installed with it isn't working. Like the intelligent forward thinking person I am I completely installed and ran the cabling for the rear camera before actually testing it.. Hard to believe a $16 camera could be DOA..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44264 of 44602 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 12:09 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Garage

Removed the old deck and double drawer system. Cut and installed the new version.
Not yet done, still needs the drawer and paint or some.cover. Old was covered in felt. With a dog it turned into a winter sweater. Fridge slide is nice. No more having to move driver seat forward to grab a cold one.

post #44265 of 44602 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
ofg previously said: View Post
Replaced stock subwoofer and amp with more powerful parts. Audiopipe 8" sub 4 ohm in stock fj enclosure. Dual DA301L mini class D amp. The amp is tucked in right next to the ac power unit in rear cargo fender panel. This setup is much more powerful than the stock sub and amp. Its still a somewhat wimpy 8" size, so keep that in mind. Stock fj speakers have great mid bass, and this little sub upgrade really makes the stock speakers come alive. A few weeks ago, I installed a kenwood head unit, so with complete control of the speaker tuning, the whole system is now really well balanced with alot more bass and a good bit of thump when needed.

Whole sub setup looks completely stock. Only change in appearance is the 2 red rags poking out of the sub enclosure vents to seal it up. I may look for some black foam or something to clean up the look, but for now, its nice to have a couple clean rags tucked in. Never know when you might need a clean rag...
I did similar and I too have rags sticking out the holes

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
post #44266 of 44602 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 09:09 AM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Garage

Mounted an ARB CKMA12 Air compressor in the rear compartment. For protection I mounted it inside a 5.56 ammo can with the can upside down (lid on the bottom) and mounted the compressor to the inside of the lid so I can take off the ammo can (cover) when air is required, or latch it closed for protection. The can body can be completely removed if needed just be sliding it off the ammo can hinge. The wiring is run thru the base (upside down lid) so the unit and all connections are protected when the FJ is loaded up. I just load lighly on that side in case I need to use it while out and about.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Can closed.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	1083180   Click image for larger version

Name:	Compressor can.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	183.6 KB
ID:	1083182  

"Mean Green" '10 Army green 4x4 AT ATRAC/rear locker. Demello 3 hoop w\BD sqd, Smittybilt M1 Gen2, PURE FJ sliders, EXPO-1 Wash Bottle, Ironman FCP-C's front, Boss 2.5 w/ TOYTEC 2.0 HD rear, SPC DOM LCA. 16" BF 285 KO2 E's on Method NV's.

"Angry Orange" '13 Magma 4x4 AT ATRAC/rear locker, CRAWL. Demello 3 hoop Evil Eye w\BD sqd, Smittybilt M1 Gen2, AP sliders, EXPO-1 Wash Bottle, Ironman FCP-C front, Boss 2.5 w/ TOYTEC 2.0 HD rear. SPC DOM LCA's, 17" BF 285 KO2 E's on Method Holes.
post #44267 of 44602 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 10:13 AM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
AMMO461 previously said: View Post
Mounted an ARB CKMA12 Air compressor in the rear compartment. For protection I mounted it inside a 5.56 ammo can with the can upside down (lid on the bottom)
Clever!

óMIKE

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has caused all the damage to my FJ.
~ Robert Frost

42" Light Bar | Warrior Products Roof Rack | N-Fab RSP Bumper | ARB Skids | 4.0L V6 AT | ToyTec BOSS 2.0 Coilovers | Sway Bar Relocate | Toytec Superflex Heavy Duty Rear Coils | Toytec BOSS Rear Shocks | SPC Adjustable UCAs | Toytec Rear Aluminum 2" Bump Stop Kit | 265/70R/17 Toyo ATs x5 | 2" Wheel Spacers | Rad Rubber Designs Engine Splash Guards | Hi-Lift Extreme Jack
post #44268 of 44602 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 10:59 AM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Garage

I had close to the perfect sleeping and storage setup in the back of my FJ and yesterday I had to rip it out so I can install the rear seats again. I'll install the seats today, then see how i can work around them to get my sleep and storage areas back.
Lee44 likes this.

2012 Army Green "The Mule"
My Build / My Adventures
My YouTube Channel: Chicken River Offroad
http://www.chickenriveroffroad.com
post #44269 of 44602 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 12:53 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
fidelityflip previously said: View Post
Finally installed my new head unit, a Kenwood DNX695S. What a PIA! Works great except my new rear camera I installed with it isn't working. Like the intelligent forward thinking person I am I completely installed and ran the cabling for the rear camera before actually testing it.. Hard to believe a $16 camera could be DOA..
For my DDX793 there is a setting to turn it on or off.. (INPUT settings screen)..

Jade -- 2013 Army Green AT Crawl -- US Offroad Winch Mount / Warn 10K synthetic -- BMC -- Light Racing Upper Control Arms -- Bilstein 6112 / OME rear springs / Bilstein 5100 -- Metal-Tech Red Eye Rear Bumper -- URD Stainless Exhaust -- Cooper STT Pro LT285/70R17 E / Factory Alloys -- Smittybilt Nerf Bars -- Diode Dynamics / Light Bar / HID / LEDS -- Springtail Solutions Side Rack -- Ellis Precision - Goodies -- Cobra 75 WX ST / Bandi / 3' Firefly -- Front Runner Storage Drawer

post #44270 of 44602 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 02:38 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Garage
Lunch time. If it can't be done in 5 minutes, it's probably not worth doing.... on your lunch break.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190620_164116-01_1561106254294.jpeg
Views:	21
Size:	430.7 KB
ID:	1083250   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190620_165633-01_1561106301918.jpeg
Views:	21
Size:	342.3 KB
ID:	1083254  
HERSOG, amaclach, Bad Wolf and 3 others like this.

Last edited by jamesepoop; 06-21-2019 at 02:43 AM.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > General Discussion

Tags
modifications , mods , today , updated

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in