Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

What did you do TO your FJ Cruiser TODAY?

9M views 52K replies 3K participants last post by  FatJohnson 
#1 · (Edited)
This may sound weird but we are always doing something like 4x4, washing , a good coat of wax picture, a new sticker, wheels, lift, super charger or just an oil change the point is what you did today to or with the FJ cruiser.
This is my favorite thread on the jeep forum and probably the most popular in their entire forum with over two million posts, So why not here? I'll start it off and its up to all of us to keep it going. :cheers:

1. Today I added a headliner supercharger sticker to my windshield after giving her a bath.

See less See more
#30,421 · (Edited)
Sure thing! I'll get the numbers tomorrow. I went to a dealer here in town and bought 20 sets of them for our club members. Let me see if I can get that price again. They were 58$ for the set for all 4 doors.
Nick,

I want in too!

<edit> I'll look for the part numbers, but if you get more...

#30,422 ·
Re: What did you do TO OR WITH your FJ Cruiser TODAY?

Gave it a bath and clay bar massage. I swear that stuff is magical. All the tiny surface rust specs are gone along with tar splatter, etc...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: mackb
#30,423 ·
Relocated a new washer fluid bottle at a cost of $9. Cool points to Scrufy for showing what he did! My harbor freight step drill was the perfect size to drill holes for the pump motor grommets. I even backed out the pump leads from the wiring harness before the radiator support and made it all pretty looking!

Parts still waiting for install:
- Bushwacker Pocket Flares
- OEM trailer hitch and harness
- LED light switches
- Dual tone horn
- Quick Fist clamps for roof rack

#30,424 ·

Right you are Sir! A clay bar massage done properly can make paint look brand new. My first time was 3 hours on my Grabber Orange Mustang and it looked like the paint was 6" deep!

Gave it a bath and clay bar massage. I swear that stuff is magical. All the tiny surface rust specs are gone along with tar splatter, etc...

#30,426 ·

Where'd you get the hand sticker and badge if you don't mind me asking.
The emblem is from overlandbound.com

The hand sticker is a custom job. I'm gonna make a bunch check of them in a couple weeks. Keep an eye on the fj cruiser facebook group. I'll sell them there. Probably $5 shipped.

Reactions: Voodoo_blue22
#30,427 ·
Relocated a new washer fluid bottle at a cost of $9. Cool points to Scrufy for showing what he did! My harbor freight step drill was the perfect size to drill holes for the pump motor grommets. I even backed out the pump leads from the wiring harness before the radiator support and made it all pretty looking!

- LED light switches
- Dual tone horn

Woah, you've got a long weekend ahead of you at some point. :)

#30,428 ·

- LED light switches
- Dual tone horn
I just did that wire harness install yesterday pm me if you need the actual instructions that it should come with but doesn't :)

#30,429 ·
I finished my roof rack mod; I doubled the cross bars and overlaid them with a 13 ga expanded steel floor. I stuck a strip of rubber weaather stripping for doors on each bar to help with vibration

I figure it should help distribute weight of heavy items like gas and water cans, as opposed to it all being carried by one or two bars.

I almost had it powder coated black, but the red looked rather fetching with the blue and white.

Attachments

#30,430 ·
Finally got around to attaching the predator steps I picked up back in December. They work well for the kids getting in and out, but will probably remove them before the next wheeling adventure.

Also added stickers picked up on last trip. That should add at least 5HP, right? :p

Attachments

Reactions: GammaBruiser
#30,431 ·

Installed Diode Dynamics LED's in my front and rear turn signals, reverse lights, brake lights, and switched out the flasher relay. In case anyone was wondering, switching the flasher relay is about as much fun as tickling a badger. I ran out of time to do the license plate lights, hopefully tomorrow. I already installed the dome, cargo, and map led's earlier this week.
And I got the rear lower seats, all headrests, and both arm rests pulled out and in my apartment to start installing my clazzios tomorrow, hopefully. Never seems to be enough time.

#30,432 ·
I changed the plugs for what is apparently the first time. I had the 3 denso and 3 ngk and they looked beat. I have 167k miles I just bought it at 166k. I also greased the drive shafts.

Non maintenence I plasti dipped the panels in front of the a pillar.

Did you notice a change in performance?
After I did mine I felt like the FJ came back to life!

#30,433 ·
I drained the transmission pan of fluid, refilled with amsol.I did it to stay ahead of the curve.I figured once a year I will do this.