Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

What did you do TO your FJ Cruiser TODAY?

9M views 52K replies 3K participants last post by  FatJohnson 
#1 · (Edited)
This may sound weird but we are always doing something like 4x4, washing , a good coat of wax picture, a new sticker, wheels, lift, super charger or just an oil change the point is what you did today to or with the FJ cruiser.
This is my favorite thread on the jeep forum and probably the most popular in their entire forum with over two million posts, So why not here? I'll start it off and its up to all of us to keep it going. :cheers:

1. Today I added a headliner supercharger sticker to my windshield after giving her a bath.

See less See more
#38,021 ·
You snapped your CV?? :surprise
The picture is deceiving, but the boot was torn and tulip (I think thats what its called?) caught a peastone in through the torn boot and when it wedged itself in the tulip channel it seized the whole assembly and bent. You can kinda see the bend in the tulip end in the pic, that was certainly interesting, I've never seen one do that before :lol:

#38,022 ·
What do you think of the Califab links? I'm in a toss up between those or the typical Metal Tech ones everybody does...
He makes a great product. They work well. I only have 1 complaint.

They work really well. Despite me using them as rock slides, they have held up amazingly well.
The rebuild on them is on me, my fault.
Failed to grease them often enough.
When I did, I didnt pay atention to the signs. So the johnny joint rebuild is my fault 100%.

My only complaint on califab is thier lack luster powder coating.
Less than a year into use, before they were used as slides, the powder coating was coming off. Not knicks and scrape here and there, but chunks. So I have fixed that.

Now I will, do my part on upkeep. 75 bucks to rebuild both sides. Not expensive but who wants to do that every 2 years?

#38,024 ·
The picture is deceiving, but the boot was torn and tulip (I think thats what its called?) caught a peastone in through the torn boot and when it wedged itself in the tulip channel it seized the whole assembly and bent. You can kinda see the bend in the tulip end in the pic, that was certainly interesting, I've never seen one do that before :lol:
You have some luck!
Glad you and your rig are okay.

#38,025 ·
Replaced my CV. Blew the outer joint up.

Attachments

#38,027 ·
Hadn't had an alignment since I added wheelers offroad strut spacers and OME trim packers. Car is leveled and aligned. All is right with the world :rofl:

Attachments

#38,028 ·
The rear diff lock anytime hack. So much awesome.

#38,029 ·
I see you guys can't decide blue or red. My front sus can't seem to decide either. :jester:

Kept to my word and replaced both front axle seals. But I didn't have a drift to tap in the seals. Tried a punch, extension socket, flathead, they were chewing up the rubber. Thanks jimmie johnson. Because nascar, I hacked my own
It's alright if you use purple grease tho. >:D

#38,032 ·
Installed the upper rear control arms. Also had to order 4 F911 bolts since the old bolts were shot to hell, and at the same time I am painting the axle and the frame.
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#38,035 ·
Cleaned up the wiring in my dash, and finished some other wiring. Added a small 6 port Eaton ATM fuse block under the dash storage compartment to cut back on the amount of add-a-fuse that were starting to buildup on the factory fuse block.

Finished wiring my LUX rock lights. But was too tired to go out when it got dark for pictures...

#38,036 ·
thanks for the advice :)
had to leave for a trip 2 weeks but back and all fixed..
anyway, here`s the report:

- Bushing stabilizer front (x2)
- Bushing stabilizer rear (x2)
- Steering Yoke
- Steering lug nut
- Power steering gear assembly (the whole thing)
- Steering Shaft assembly
- Steering Rod
- Tie rod (x2)
- Tie rod ends (x2)

so all and all was fun day at the shop...
the good part is no more noise when i turn the wheel ;)

#38,037 ·
Finally got my LUX "MicroMAX" rock lights wired. These things are awesome! Each light has super strong magnets embedded into the light pod so if they catch on something they just pop off and dangle until you magnet them back on, rather than rip off. Being able to move them a bit makes them easy to adjust the angle they shine. Left myself 6" of slack on each pod so I can use them to light the underside of the truck for repairs too.

One on each side of the lower radiator support, 1 each on the slider frame "arms" closest to the wheels, and one on each rear body mount. Total of 8 pods. Probably could have gone for 6 and still been alright.

Overall 9/10 (Wish the rear lights had longer wires, but an easy problem to solve with a soldering iron...)

LUX Lighting Systems (LINK) for anyone interested.

Attachments

#38,038 ·
Finally got my LUX "MicroMAX" rock lights wired. These things are awesome! Each light has super strong magnets embedded into the light pod so if they catch on something they just pop off and dangle until you magnet them back on, rather than rip off. Being able to move them a bit makes them easy to adjust the angle they shine. Left myself 6" of slack on each pod so I can use them to light the underside of the truck for repairs too.

One on each side of the lower radiator support, 1 each on the slider frame "arms" closest to the wheels, and one on each rear body mount. Total of 8 pods. Probably could have gone for 6 and still been alright.

Overall 9/10 (Wish the rear lights had longer wires, but an easy problem to solve with a soldering iron...)

LUX Lighting Systems (LINK) for anyone interested.
Those are great looking lights my friend, gonna look those up.

#38,040 ·
Mounted up my new RhinoRack Sunseeker 8' awning that works with their Base Tent...and a "few" other mods to be detailed in a separate thread >:D. Very happy the extended Fourtrecks mounts allowed it to clear the lightbar brackets. Also pleased I got no new rooftop music!
Oh and @CabinCruiser you'll be happy to hear she got a lipstick freshen up in same shade :x :lol:

Attachments