the new jeep wrangler - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
General Discussion This area contains general discussion regarding the Toyota FJ Cruiser that does not fit into the other technical discussion forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2006, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
the new jeep wrangler

i went to westwood jepep today to pick up another liberty diesel for the company and i saw the new 4 door wrangler. it was nice and rugged looking but was not impressed. it did however have full skids underneath and the doors seemed very very lite. probably because they can be removed. otherwise it wasn't very impressive. maybe jeep dudes will like it. it had 18's on with 255s. the only thing i like about it is the option to take the top of. offcourse i opened the hood and there's a smallish looking v6 under there which puts out 202 horses. anyway just thought i'd tell those who wanted to go see it that dealers have it now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2006, 05:28 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Re: the new jeep wrangler

You'd buy ANOTHER Liberty CRD?

Wow.

Anywhoo the new Rubi two door is an excellent rig.

No CJ, but a nice rig nonetheless.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2006, 05:29 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Coming from a guy who loves Jeeps - especially Rubicons and modded Wranglers - + early tricked CJ5s ..... that 4-door is B-U-T-T. No thanks.

-
-
-
-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 04:12 PM
Forum Master

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to smalls

Why stop at 4 doors?

- '07 Voodoo Blue, 6speed MT | Upgrade 2 | A-TRAC | RR Locker | Roof Rack

- Mods To Date: 275/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler MTR's | OME Medium Suspension | Sirius S50 | Silverstar Headlights | DRL's disabled | Flowmaster Series 40 | K&N drop-in air filter | Seat belt Alarm disabled | Satin Black OEM Alloys
- Next: Bumper | ARB Rack | Lights | etc.

-Upstate Cruisers-
-Olde North State Cruisers-
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 05:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I went to trade in my 04 TJ softtop on a new Wrangler JK and was very disappointed in it. The sheet metal on the new Wrangler is about the thickness of a Pepsi can, anywhere on the body you press on it, it gives in substantially, much thinner than on the TJ. Also, I wanted the two door and they did away with the tilt and slide passenger seat which gives access to the rear seat. Only a contortionist can get into the back seat on the two door and that by sliding under the seatbelt, inexcusable design. The ride was better than the TJ, but the JK seems WAY underpowered, even by Jeep standards. All the new plastic pieces: soft door window frames, fenders, interior bits seem much cheaper than on the TJ. I think the whole vehicle was an exercise in cost cutting. Returned to my roots (previous owner of a Land Cruiser wagon and FJ40) and bought an FJ and I am so glad I did. I think off-road the new Jk will give the FJ a run for its money, but comfort, performance on road and overall quality gives the nod to the Toyota by a landslide (and I did love my TJ!).

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in