Good Friend in Need of Our Help! - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
General Discussion This area contains general discussion regarding the Toyota FJ Cruiser that does not fit into the other technical discussion forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
Good Friend in Need of Our Help!

As many of you have read in the thread the below, our friend Sean Sykora (thekeeper) severely injured his eye when an off road light exploded in his eye:

https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...s-prayers.html

Sean has spent the time since then in a lot of pain and unable to work or even be on the forum due to his injury. Since he is self-employed, not being able to work means not being able to generate income for himself and the mounting medical bills. Fortunately, Sean and his wife (Melissa) have medical insurance that will cover most of the cost at 80% coverage, but the remainder is still substantial and will increase with the additional surgeries that Sean may need have. Sean has had a recent doctor appointment where they did a CT scan and are waiting for the results, but the suspicion is there may still be some fragments in the eye because Sean is still in a lot of pain. This may require another surgery and there has been talk of a corneal transplant in the future. It is going to be a long road to recovery and that means a lot of time lost at work.

For those of you that have wheeled with or enjoyed meeting Sean, you know he is a fun loving, generous, caring and an all around great guy. He has always gone the extra mile to help a friend (both on and off road) and I am asking that we all do the same. I have set up a donation fund that will go directly to Sean and Melissa to help out with the lost wages and medical bills. Your help is greatly appreciated, so please share whatever you can. Remember, this could have happened to any one us that like to work on our own trucks, so please consider if this had happened to you and the impact it would have. Time to pay if forward people, I can honestly say Sean and Melissa would do it for you if the circumstances were reversed.

I hope the best possible outcome for Sean and am praying that he can be well enough to make it to the summit this year....or his friends will miss him a lot!

I have set up a donation account on Paypal for Sean:

Paypal payment instructions:
1) Click "Send Money" tab
2) Click "Personal" tab
3) Click "Gift" radio button (personal gifts are not charged a handling fee on either end)

4) Put in: [email protected] For email

5) Put in your amount.

Thank you everyone, this forum and community is wonderful and I have no doubt of the generosity and human spirit that exists here.

God Bless.

2007 FJC
1972 FJ40
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to WILSON
Re: Good Friend in Need of Our Help!

Thanx Graham for doing this for Sean and Melissa. I have met some great people on this forum. It is amazing how a vehicle has brought so many people together. I have added a link to my signature and will be making a donation.

Back in the Toyota family...4Runner TRD Pro Edition
post #3 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 09:49 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)

Graham, it was awfully nice of you to do this for Sean & Mellisa. I pitched in the same amount that you did so hopefully it will get the ball rolling.

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Cool Breeze

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
gsgmac previously said: View Post
As many of you have read in the thread the below, our friend Sean Sykora (thekeeper) severely injured his eye when an off road light exploded in his eye:

https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...s-prayers.html

Sean has spent the time since then in a lot of pain and unable to work or even be on the forum due to his injury. Since he is self-employed, not being able to work means not being able to generate income for himself and the mounting medical bills. Fortunately, Sean and his wife (Melissa) have medical insurance that will cover most of the cost at 80% coverage, but the remainder is still substantial and will increase with the additional surgeries that Sean may need have. Sean has had a recent doctor appointment where they did a CT scan and are waiting for the results, but the suspicion is there may still be some fragments in the eye because Sean is still in a lot of pain. This may require another surgery and there has been talk of a corneal transplant in the future. It is going to be a long road to recovery and that means a lot of time lost at work.

For those of you that have wheeled with or enjoyed meeting Sean, you know he is a fun loving, generous, caring and an all around great guy. He has always gone the extra mile to help a friend (both on and off road) and I am asking that we all do the same. I have set up a donation fund that will go directly to Sean and Melissa to help out with the lost wages and medical bills. Your help is greatly appreciated, so please share whatever you can. Remember, this could have happened to any one us that like to work on our own trucks, so please consider if this had happened to you and the impact it would have. Time to pay if forward people, I can honestly say Sean and Melissa would do it for you if the circumstances were reversed.

I hope the best possible outcome for Sean and am praying that he can be well enough to make it to the summit this year....or his friends will miss him a lot!

I have set up a donation account on Paypal for Sean:

Paypal payment instructions:
1) Click "Send Money" tab
2) Click "Personal" tab
3) Click "Gift" radio button (personal gifts are not charged a handling fee on either end)

4) Put in: [email protected] For email

5) Put in your amount.

Thank you everyone, this forum and community is wonderful and I have no doubt of the generosity and human spirit that exists here.

God Bless.

THANK YOU GRAHAM! You have no idea how much this means to Sean & I. We are so blessed to have wonderful friends that would do something so special for us. We are hanging in day by day...we go to the doctor in the morning so hopefully we will have more news. His pain levels have been really bad these last few days. I am hoping they can do something soon.

This truly brings tears to my eyes trying to type this...you never imagine yourself in this type of situation. We are thankful for the medical insurance I do have, we are thankful that Sean still has one eye right now, we are thankful to have a roof over our heads, we are extremely thankful for the friends who have reached out to us-even people we have never met before. As Wilson said it is amazing what a vehicle has done to bring so many awesome people together & form the bonds that have been made all across the country. We have found life long friends through the FJ community & look forward to meeting many many more.

I speak for Sean & I both Graham we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Your family & everyone else that has done anything for Sean & I will be blessed ten fold. I am a strong believer that helping when we can is not a blessing as much for the person in need but a gift to yourself. As my mother told us "When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better."
This is how we must look at Sean's accident.

My thoughts & prayers are with everyone on this forum that you will be blessed with what your needs are.
Thank you again,
Melissa & Sean
(I think I am becoming his secretary...lol)

TT Edition, 456 Gears with Front ARB Locker, 6" Rough Country, 35/12.50R16 KM2's, ARB Front and Rear Bumper with IPF Rally Lights, Baja Rack, Warn 9.5XP, Amsteel blue, Volant Cold Air Intake, Demelo Sliders, Painless dual Battery with Yellow Top Optima, ICON Remote Reservoirs front and rear piggy backs, Light racing UCA's, Outrider Suspension Armor, and of course Conbluter Valve Upgrade, and a X1200Flux Capacitor.

Itís a times when the world is at a stop that my mind can most creatively find ways to make it move.

God would never had made a mountain he didn't want man to climb. ss

To Have Wheeled and Lost is Far Greater than to have Never Wheeled. ss
post #5 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Cool Breeze

Quote:
WILSON previously said: View Post
Thanx Graham for doing this for Sean and Melissa. I have met some great people on this forum. It is amazing how a vehicle has brought so many people together. I have added a link to my signature and will be making a donation.
Thank you Wilson! We truly appreciate it
Many blessing will be bestowed upon you & your family

Melissa

TT Edition, 456 Gears with Front ARB Locker, 6" Rough Country, 35/12.50R16 KM2's, ARB Front and Rear Bumper with IPF Rally Lights, Baja Rack, Warn 9.5XP, Amsteel blue, Volant Cold Air Intake, Demelo Sliders, Painless dual Battery with Yellow Top Optima, ICON Remote Reservoirs front and rear piggy backs, Light racing UCA's, Outrider Suspension Armor, and of course Conbluter Valve Upgrade, and a X1200Flux Capacitor.

Itís a times when the world is at a stop that my mind can most creatively find ways to make it move.

post #6 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Cool Breeze

Quote:
Jim_D previously said: View Post
Graham, it was awfully nice of you to do this for Sean & Mellisa. I pitched in the same amount that you did so hopefully it will get the ball rolling.

Jim
Thank you Jim! We are so thankful you are apart of our life! We love you & look up to you. We are ready for our next trip in Crested Butte to have fried chicken We were telling a friend about that place the other day!
Hopefully we can make some trail runs with no one going or half way going off the side of a cliff
Hope to see you soon!
Thank you again & many blessing to you & your family
Melissa

post #7 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 06:36 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)

Very nice gesture Graham. I've never met Sean in person but have talked to him on the phone a few times, and he's a super nice guy.
post #8 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Forum Master

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)

Thanks for setting this up for Sean and Melissa.

Life is too short to be patient - Brett Viera
post #9 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for setting this up. Jeff, Don and I talked this weekend at Hidden Falls and were going to do the same thing. Looks like you beat us to it, Awesome! Sean and Melessa Wish I could have given more but hope it helps you out in some way. Get well soon!!! We miss you on the trails already!

post #10 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Cool Breeze

Quote:
tshort1 previously said: View Post
Thanks for setting this up. Jeff, Don and I talked this weekend at Hidden Falls and were going to do the same thing. Looks like you beat us to it, Awesome! Sean and Melessa Wish I could have given more but hope it helps you out in some way. Get well soon!!! We miss you on the trails already!
Thanks Toby!!! We are very thankful & blessed.
We missed y'all as well!!! We were there in spirit hehe
I know y'all had a great time! Looking forward to the next one!!!
Thanks for all the prayers & thoughts as well
Many blessings to you & your beautiful family!!!
Melissa

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in