Multiple Stupid Newbie Questions - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
General Discussion This area contains general discussion regarding the Toyota FJ Cruiser that does not fit into the other technical discussion forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 09:50 PM Thread Starter
Forum Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Talking Multiple Stupid Newbie Questions

I'm a newbie on the Forum. Obviously a lot of you guys have been on here awhile, and a bunch of you have your FJ's already. So I'm expecting flak from the oldtimers, but I'm also hoping you can answer this stuff or tell me if it's already been answered . (I've ordered a Blue AT 4x4 with the rack, rails, tow pkg etc at MSRP, but it's in japan till mid May.)

1. Has anybody got a copy of the Owners Manual us poor slobs can download while we're chompin at the bit waitin on our vehicles?

2. Can I leave the back window open all day while I'm driving onroad without damaging it?

3. Is anybody driving with the factory Roof Dam/Lights yet, and do they like the setup? (It looks like TRD and TPO have these but my Dealer doesn't.)

4. Has anybody come up with a better way to mount a front license plate? (No way am I puttin friggin screws in my bumper even if I replace it later.)

5. Can I shift my AT myself for higher RPM when taking off without hurting it?

6. Is anyone looking at the feasibility of turning a roof section into a removeable / stowable panel? (I know it will compromise safety, warranty, speakers, yada yada but I want open air flow with no dam glass up there.)

7. Is anybody making FJ vehicle covers yet (sacrilege!)?

8. Anybody know of a relatively cheap rear camera setup (sacrilege again!)?

9. Anybody tried out the ARB winch setup yet?

Muchas Gracias, I know that's a LOT of questions but I'm trying to catch up. Thank Gawd a vehicle this badazz actually got built.

Later;
Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 10:35 PM
air
Banned

Re: Multiple Stupid Newbie Questions

Quote:
Brian - VABeach previously said:

1. Has anybody got a copy of the Owners Manual us poor slobs can download while we're chompin at the bit waitin on our vehicles?

2. Can I leave the back window open all day while I'm driving onroad without damaging it?

3. Is anybody driving with the factory Roof Dam/Lights yet, and do they like the setup? (It looks like TRD and TPO have these but my Dealer doesn't.)

4. Has anybody come up with a better way to mount a front license plate? (No way am I puttin friggin screws in my bumper even if I replace it later.)

6. Is anyone looking at the feasibility of turning a roof section into a removeable / stowable panel? (I know it will compromise safety, warranty, speakers, yada yada but I want open air flow with no dam glass up there.)

hey stupid newbie

1. send me a PM with your email about the manual

2. i have no idea. it'd be stupid to try, i would think. it doesnt roll down like a 4Runner. PS - i dont have an FJ yet. look me up.

3. they arent out yet. do a search for 'accessory re-post' and it'll show you the thread with the dates

4. no idea

5. why are you asking, mildly put, weird questions?

6. see above

7. don't know

8. call lexus

9. the first ARBs hit the US in May
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Forum Master

(Thread Starter)

Air / Mike;
It's gotta be even more frustrating to be a "SENIOR MEMBER" and not have you're FJ yet. At least us newbies must keep you veterans entertained. GREATLY appreciate the Manual, gotta go read it NOW!
UDAMAN!
Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 11:21 PM
air
Banned

Quote:
Air / Mike;
It's gotta be even more frustrating to be a "SENIOR MEMBER" and not have you're FJ yet. At least us newbies must keep you veterans entertained. GREATLY appreciate the Manual, gotta go read it NOW!
UDAMAN!
Brian
you openly discuss my frustrations? you take off your white glove and gently slap my frayed existence? you know nothing of my plight! look me up, newbie...

https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/galle...500&ppuser=240
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 11:31 PM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
I'm a newbie on the Forum. Obviously a lot of you guys have been on here awhile, and a bunch of you have your FJ's already. So I'm expecting flak from the oldtimers, but I'm also hoping you can answer this stuff or tell me if it's already been answered . (I've ordered a Blue AT 4x4 with the rack, rails, tow pkg etc at MSRP, but it's in japan till mid May.)

Muchas Gracias, I know that's a LOT of questions but I'm trying to catch up. Thank Gawd a vehicle this badazz actually got built.

Later;
Brian
2. Yes. shouldn't hurt it. Haven't tried it though.
3. Don't know if they are even avail. yet
4. Why not mount them with screws like all other front bumper mounted plates. Why care about the screw holes if you're gonna eventually replace the bumper anyhow?
5. Yes. shouldn't hurt it unless you rev WAY TO HIGH.
6. Doubt it. YOu'd be the 1st. let us know how it works out. Post pics.
7. Any cover for a similar size vehicle will do.
8. Google it. "cheap back up camara"
9. Not avail yet. I'd wait to hear the pro's and cons.

You luck [email protected] Enjoy your FJ thoroughly before cutting into the roof!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 11:39 PM
Forum Regular

2. the claim is that it is stable in the open position up to 75 mph - I won't leave mine open on the highway, but will do so around town.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2006, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
Forum Master

(Thread Starter)

Your Airness;
After srutinizing your photos it's obvious that I didn't fully appreciate the massive agony that I'll go through as I wait weeks for my beloved FJ to arrive (currently at 8 days, 12hrs, 47min). However, at the risk of offending your honor further, I must say those pics are FRIGGIN HILARIOUS DUDE!
B
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2006, 07:26 AM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

air, put the parking brake on. That looks steep.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 09:21 AM

Quote:
gronch previously said:
air, put the parking brake on. That looks steep.
I think he needs to get that spare up off the ground, can you say "rolling resistance?"
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 10:13 AM
Forum Veteran

Quote:
air previously said:
you openly discuss my frustrations? you take off your white glove and gently slap my frayed existence? you know nothing of my plight! look me up, newbie...

https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/galle...500&ppuser=240

This is a travesty! Air, I've been away a while cruisin' and come back to the site to see you are not with FJ! WTF? When's the day?

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in