Up For Grabs If I Don't Take It Tonight.... - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
General Discussion This area contains general discussion regarding the Toyota FJ Cruiser that does not fit into the other technical discussion forums.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Bostonian1976
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
Up For Grabs If I Don't Take It Tonight....

pm me for details (edited)

Last edited by Bostonian1976; 04-10-2006 at 08:26 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 09:14 AM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to StealthEldorado
Re: Up For Grabs If I Don't Take It Tonight....

Tough decision, eh? Saw in another post that you're not getting much for your trade in. If it was Sun Fusion I'd drive you to the dealer myself. I saw a VooDoo blue and then a Titanium on 128 today while driving to work. Man the FJ looks good crusing down the highway.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 10:01 AM

There is always Boch down on Rte 1, he has 10 FJC on his web site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

(Thread Starter)

yeah Stealth...I'm just not gonna give so much money to these guys...I really don't like the idea of it. I'd like to just be carefree and say "ah, f*ck it...I'll just do it".......but I really think it's against my better judgement....and I tend to be a man of practicality
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 01:13 PM
Forum Regular

Quote:
Bostonian1976 previously said:
yeah Stealth...I'm just not gonna give so much money to these guys...I really don't like the idea of it. I'd like to just be carefree and say "ah, f*ck it...I'll just do it".......but I really think it's against my better judgement....and I tend to be a man of practicality
Know the feeling. I'm at a point where this is genuinely an 'ah...fu<k it' purchase it. Pure and simple it's my treat to myself.

But I've made those large ticket purchases and wished I'd thought it through more thoroughly. Nothing worse than that nagging feeling that makes every other little issue a catastrophic disaster.

Hang in there. Maybe a few months pass and the situation changes, then you're rolling in a MOAB Edition nose in the air passing me by on the Tobin :-)

ps-think good thoughts about Woburn Toyota. I can use all the karma I can get.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 05:22 PM

Quote:
StealthEldorado previously said:
Know the feeling. I'm at a point where this is genuinely an 'ah...fu<k it' purchase it. Pure and simple it's my treat to myself.

But I've made those large ticket purchases and wished I'd thought it through more thoroughly. Nothing worse than that nagging feeling that makes every other little issue a catastrophic disaster.

Hang in there. Maybe a few months pass and the situation changes, then you're rolling in a MOAB Edition nose in the air passing me by on the Tobin :-)

ps-think good thoughts about Woburn Toyota. I can use all the karma I can get.
I'm waiting at Woburn as well. Generally, I can't stand car dealers (except my MINI dealer), so I just do the bare minimum necessary to get a deal done. I'm always willing to walk. I gave my deposit in October and now mine is supposed to be ready at the end of the month. I have to say, the information has been very slow in coming from Woburn. Info has certainly been timelier and more useful right here. They also went ahead and ordered a specific FJ for me based on an informal email I sent-but they never even confirmed with me until I showed up a few months after the fact-"oh, yeah...here it is. Yeah, we ordered that special for you. Supposed to be built this week." Of course, that could all be a line as well, but I don't care as long as I get one soon.

Last week, for the first time I mentioned a trade and they seemed amenable to checking it out. We are trading a 1995 Mercedes C280 with 150K in good condition. I'm not expecting much at all for it, so if they even come close on a price, I'll trade it.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 05:46 PM
Forum Regular

ShipO - I've asked Woburn Toy for the build sheet and PPO codes...nothing.

I'm preparing myself for the big letdown in a few weeks. Last I heard mid-May was the delivery date for my vehicle. I'm trying to be nice to my dealer dude and give him the benefit of the doubt. But it's kinda hard when you see FJs rolling up and down 128 (o'k...just two so far) and have seen two Sun Fusions, a black, and a silver at Ira Toyota. Nobody seems to be able to let me test drive one 'cause they're all 'SOLD'. Funny all those other people put in orders, test drove their vehicle and made a deal. But I contacted the dealer 6 months ago and am still waiting for my FJ.

Uggghhhh

Crossing my fingers we're both two lucky campers sometime mid May.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 06:29 PM
Forum Master

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Tough decision, eh? Saw in another post that you're not getting much for your trade in. If it was Sun Fusion I'd drive you to the dealer myself. I saw a VooDoo blue and then a Titanium on 128 today while driving to work. Man the FJ looks good crusing down the highway.
Toyota in Danbury CT has a MT6 in Sun Fusion that they are having a hard time selling. It is FQ,CQ,UR, and a few other things. Sticker is 28something
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
sikocycles previously said:
Toyota in Danbury CT has a MT6 in Sun Fusion that they are having a hard time selling. It is FQ,CQ,UR, and a few other things. Sticker is 28something

there's your truck Stealth!! Go giddit!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 06:52 PM

Quote:
ShipO - I've asked Woburn Toy for the build sheet and PPO codes...nothing.

I'm preparing myself for the big letdown in a few weeks. Last I heard mid-May was the delivery date for my vehicle. I'm trying to be nice to my dealer dude and give him the benefit of the doubt. But it's kinda hard when you see FJs rolling up and down 128 (o'k...just two so far) and have seen two Sun Fusions, a black, and a silver at Ira Toyota. Nobody seems to be able to let me test drive one 'cause they're all 'SOLD'. Funny all those other people put in orders, test drove their vehicle and made a deal. But I contacted the dealer 6 months ago and am still waiting for my FJ.

Uggghhhh

Crossing my fingers we're both two lucky campers sometime mid May.
I have little confidence in any Toyota dealer. I bypassed Ira, even though they are closer to me, because I went in to see if they knew anything about FJ availabilty and some 22 year old punk said "No, but how about a hot new Camry?" I called him a name, but the disco music was so loud in there I don't think he heard me.

I know the "list" is just a bunch of BS. But I think it at least puts the dealer in a defensive position-I pretend that the list is the be-all/end-all and never fail to remind him that he told me I was second on the list way back in October.

I actually did see the build sheets and the PPOs. This was on Friday March 31. No reason you shouldn't get to see them. They had about a dozen maybe? They were showing production dates of the week of March 24 for deliver at the end of April. They also had a black FJ that was sold to the Pearl restaurant on Nantucket that they said was the first to arrive.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in