Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

FJ's horn/alarm keeps going off!

22K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Cruiser47 
#1 ·
Is anyone having a problem with their horn going off in the middle of the night? The horn will go off, I'll shut it off by using the remote lock/unlock and an hour later, it will go off again! Help!

I couldn't find any post for this issue so I'm creating one. Maybe the moderator can move it.

#2 ·
My local dealer mentioned that they were having some issues with the glass breakage sensors in the FJC's at one point. The symptom was the alarm being set off for no apparent reason. I don't know if they replaced the sensors or simply adjusted the sensitivity level on the sensor. Have you called the dealer?

#6 ·
I had an issue with my factory alarm doing this same thing to me one night. I went out to my truck in the evening and pulled some CD's out of the stereo. Closed my truck up and armed the alarm. It sat just fine out in the driveway for about an hour and a half and then the alarm starting going off. I disarmed it with my key fob and rearmed it. It was fine for another hour then did it again. It did it several times after that as well, each time getting quicker and quicker. I finally went out and pushed the button disarming the interior sensor and it was fine the rest of the night. The next day I pushed in the button to rearm the interior sensor and it's been fine ever since. To this day I don't know what caused it and haven't had another problem with it. My guess is that the alarm didn't like me pulling CD's out of the radio without putting the key in the ignition for some reason. Who knows.

#9 ·
I had a similiar problem with my aftermarket alarm false sensing and giving off the warning chirps at random intervals. I fixed it by turning the sensitivity of the glass break sensor down, but never figured out what was actually causing it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.