Clean the ice off your vehicles people - Page 4 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
General Discussion This area contains general discussion regarding the Toyota FJ Cruiser that does not fit into the other technical discussion forums.

65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 01:56 PM
I Have a V-8!! Moderator

Mentioned: 353 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7041 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Clean the ice off your vehicles people

Quote:
CabinCruiser previously said: View Post
I use these. They work for pulling or pushing and are strong enough to use on 12-14" snow.

https://www.amazon.com/Hopkins-18841...ywords=snobrum
https://www.amazon.com/80037-Subzero...ting+Snowbroom

Go ahead, skin it! Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens...

I'll ride in on a sunny day, Sing you a song, steal your heart away Like a cowboy Hang my hat like I'm here for awhile Kick off my boots and drive you wild Like a cowboy Well baby you know I can't stay long You wake up, I'll be gone Until then I'll hold on Like a cowboy.

TLCA #9031
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 02:13 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)

one of those folding ones fits very nicely in the little cargo net on the bottom of the back door

I keep a little brush/scraper under the driver's seat for most times, and the big broom comes out when it really snows.

N

post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 02:27 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 214 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2665 Post(s)
Garage

Honestly I'm in the boat that doesn't clean it off either. 99% of the time I have it in the garage so nothing accumulates on top but there is still no excuse for mud which I used to just leave on when I lived in the country. Hit a bump on the road and it would all scatter off.
FatJohnson likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 04:59 PM

Location: The Historic Neighborhood of Pigtown, in Baltimore City, Maryland, United States of America
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage

the bezel w/ grille is like $170 shipped, installs in literally 5 minutes, and you can get it in silver, black, or white. $500 sounds like a rip-off -- or is there other damage not shown?

i'll ship you my silver one for less - and it'll come in the exact same box and packing materials that my white one came in.
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
f7eleven previously said: View Post
the bezel w/ grille is like $170 shipped, installs in literally 5 minutes, and you can get it in silver, black, or white. $500 sounds like a rip-off -- or is there other damage not shown?

i'll ship you my silver one for less - and it'll come in the exact same box and packing materials that my white one came in.
Thanks for the offer/info. The police got the other driver - besides the video I made sure I got her plate number. Her insurance company is footing the bill so the Toyota dealer can charge whatever they want, it's not costing me a dime.
Hannibal and CabinCruiser like this.

2008 Sandstorm 4X4 auto, OF, CQ, C7, RF, Tuffy Center Console, Trail Gear sliders

"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 08:05 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Garage

A lot of times they just give you a check and you go get the part you want. My insurance allows me the option to take a check and do what I want with it. I have Liberty Mutual.

Quote:
Teikas Dad previously said: View Post
Hmmmmm, I already got the black handles years ago and blacked out the bumper wings and front/rear bumper valances..... I'll have to check with the dealer about the other part number. If it's the same price I don't think the insurance company will care...or know.

2014 Iceberg FJ, CRAWL Control, Rear Diff. Lock, ATRAC, Eezi Awn K9 Roof Rack, Hella Aux lights, Rear Chase Lights, TRD Ultimate Edition Suspension, TRD Pro 17" rims, BF GoodRich KO2 285/70/17, Eezi Awn 1400 Series 2 Roof Top Tent, National Luna Dual Battery Controller, Optima Yellowtop 34/78 Battery
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-22-2018, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
tsfarling previously said: View Post
A lot of times they just give you a check and you go get the part you want. My insurance allows me the option to take a check and do what I want with it. I have Liberty Mutual.
I've got Liberty Mutual too but the other operator's insurance is picking up the tab. The dealer can do the work and they can pay for it. The only thing it's going to cost me is the time to drive to the dealer.
tsfarling likes this.

2008 Sandstorm 4X4 auto, OF, CQ, C7, RF, Tuffy Center Console, Trail Gear sliders

"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-23-2018, 07:31 AM
トヨダ Master

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Quoted: 3461 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Teikas Dad previously said: View Post
I've got Liberty Mutual too but the other operator's insurance is picking up the tab. The dealer can do the work and they can pay for it. The only thing it's going to cost me is the time to drive to the dealer.
I'd be charging them for that too. Time is money in my world.

R.I.P.- Echo

Solitude Allows One to Reflect While Others are Reacting...

It Is Easier To Walk On Hot Coals Then It Is To Walk On Egg Shells...-CC

Member of the month-October 2017
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 11:21 AM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)

Quote:
Diezel previously said: View Post
honestly its not something i worry about, it snows, gets to 30 below then 10 above the next day, its gone before its ever a problem. i have only ever seen ice come off a vehicle a had full of times and it only ever been in the mountains on the highway
I wouldn't worry about it either as long as it's not one of MY family or friends that get killed or maimed on the highway by somebody that's "just to lazy" to do the right thing.
FatJohnson and CabinCruiser like this.

Saving one dog may not change the world. But, for that one dog, the world will surely change forever.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in