Does my FJ have the "Off Road Package"? - Page 3 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
General Discussion This area contains general discussion regarding the Toyota FJ Cruiser that does not fit into the other technical discussion forums.

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-31-2018, 06:59 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
This is what showed up for mine when I looked up the VIN
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5A9D8D18-13EA-4681-952D-2CFE29B9C115_1527814747583.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	478.1 KB
ID:	1041412  

09 AT Toytec Boss performance 3inch lift, Demello sliders , TRD brakes , MT offset Lower links . Rad Rubber splash guards ,Cobra CB,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 07:37 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Re: Does my FJ have the "Off Road Package"?

These are the same wheels and tires on my 14 FJ.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 07:56 AM
Mean Time Moderator

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 1417 Post(s)
Garage

Roof console mount for the Crawl, Atrac and locker (the voltmeter is aftermarket addition)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	69
Size:	786.0 KB
ID:	1041450  

2014- FJC Cement "Eddystone" US spec personal import - mods in progress https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...eddystone.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)

Here's what I got from that VIN link posted earlier..

Vehicle Specification Details
Body Type 5Dr. Wagon
Model 2014 FJ Cruiser
Driver Type 4WD
Grade SR
Transmission 5AT
Exterior Army Green(2KD)
Selling Dealer Galaxy Toyota
Interior Dark Charcoal
Engine 6-CYL
Date of First Use February 08, 2014

ADDITIONAL VEHICLE DETAILS
Order date:
11/2013

Body Style:
4x4 SUV

Tire Size:
17R265

PORT OR FACTORY INSTALLED EQUIPMENT
CF Carpet Floor Mats & Cargo Mat Port

CQ Convenience Package Factory
FE 50 State Emissions Factory
UR Upgrade Package Factory
WL Alloy Wheel & Spare Tire Lock Port
3T Roof Rack Port

STANDARD INSTALLATION EQUIPMENT
Mechanical & Performance
4.0L DOHC 24-Valve V6 w/Dual Ind VVT-i 260 HP /
271 Lb-Ft Torque
5-Spd Automatic Transmission w/Overdrive
Part-Time 4WD with 2-Spd Transfer
Case Cyclone Air Pre-Cleaner Assembly
Rack and-Pinion Power Steering
17" Steel Wheels with P265/70R17 Tires Full Size Spare (Ext Rear Door Mounted)

Safety And Convenience
Star Safety System: Vehicle Stability Control
Traction Control
Anti-Lock Brake System with EBD
Brake Assist and Smart Stop Technology
Driver and Front Passenger: Advanced Airbag System
Active Headrests and Seat Mounted Side Airbags
Front and Second-Row Roll-Sensing Side Curtain Airbags
Side-Impact Door Beams
LATCH-Lower Anchor & Tether for CHildren
Tire Pressure Monitor
System and Engine Immobilizer
Daytime Running Lights

Exterior
Two-tone Ext Color with White Roof Top Black
Bumpers with Metallic Silver Trim Black Overfenders
Integrated Mudguards
Power Ext Mirrors w/Illuminated Markers
Skid Plates: Engine, Transfer Case Fuel
Tow Hooks: 2 Front and 1 Rear

Interior
Air Conditioning w/Filter & 2nd-Row Vent
AM/FM CD, 6 Speakers (2 in Headliner)
SXM Radio w/90Day Trial, Aux Audio Jack
USB Port w/iPod Connectivity Bluetooth
Tilt Steering Wheel w/Audio Controls
Rearview Mirror w/Backup Camera Display
Sun Visors w/Vanity Mirrors
Map Lamps
Power Windows & Door Locks
Water-Resistant Seats: 8- Way Adjustable Driver's Seat
4-Way Adj Passenger Seat
60/40 Split Folding Rear Seats
Heavy Duty All-Weather Flooring Rear Cargo Tie-down Hooks
Rear Defogger

Also, while it doesn't say it in from parsing the VIN, it also has 3 sensors in the middle on top of the dashboard including a Compass, Outside Air Temp Gauge, and an Attitude Sensor, basically a Ball in Fluid that shows the vehicle Angle and Tilt. It also has a power inverter with a 120 Volt Plug in the rear of the vehicle Passenger Side just inside the tailgate.

My understanding is that some of the features I have are from the Off Road package, but I don't actually have the Off Road package.

Who ever showed the picture of wheel and tire on the Yellow FJ, I am very jealous, that is the color I wanted, but since I wanted an FJ, the Army Green was the last one on the lot, and I could never afford a new paint job, just when I thought that getting it wrapped might be an economical way to go, I learned that the wraps only last about 5 years, and cost half the price on getting it painted at 5 - 6 K... Way to expensive to have someone put a vinyl sticker on my FJ, and yes I do understand the amount of hours and skill it takes to do it, I would still never pay that amount for something needing replacing after 5 years.

Either way, off road package or not, I still love my FJ
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 09:25 AM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Garage

I never realized the off-road and upgrade packages were mutually exclusive. I have the off-road package, and hated the naked, plastic steering wheel! had to get a leather cover for it.

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)

As well, my steering wheel is leather covered though I don't recall reading that in the specs I posted.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 11:56 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 612 Post(s)

Quote:
Dardwizzle previously said: View Post

....Who ever showed the picture of wheel and tire on the Yellow FJ, I am very jealous, that is the color I wanted, but since I wanted an FJ, the Army Green was the last one on the lot, and I could never afford a new paint job, just when I thought that getting it wrapped might be an economical way to go, I learned that the wraps only last about 5 years, and cost half the price on getting it painted at 5 - 6 K... Way to expensive to have someone put a vinyl sticker on my FJ, and yes I do understand the amount of hours and skill it takes to do it, I would still never pay that amount for something needing replacing after 5 years.

Either way, off road package or not, I still love my FJ
The yellow or Sun Fusion is not very popular here on the forums. I think Yellow is just fine for this type of vehicle and I think will hold up to fading (I have a '70 Buick GSX in Saturn Yellow that still has original paint and it sat outside for many, many years).

The Army Green color was new in 2010 or 2011 and it very well liked so you did well on colors even though you felt you had no choice.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Talking Re: Does my FJ have the "Off Road Package"?

Quote:
SilvFx previously said: View Post
The yellow or Sun Fusion is not very popular here on the forums. I think Yellow is just fine for this type of vehicle and I think will hold up to fading (I have a '70 Buick GSX in Saturn Yellow that still has original paint and it sat outside for many, many years).
I am kind of partial to that yellow color because I had an 79 Jeep CJ7 that was yellow with black trim, and it was absolutely stunning. It looked amazing on my Jeep, and I have always wanted that same color combination again in another vehicle. I haven't really seen a vehicle that I would want to purchase in that color combo that wouldn't just look [email protected]$$ in my opinion. Granted, it can look horrific on the wrong vehicle.

I am curious though why that color isn't well received here. I think with the White Top and Black Accents such as the fender flares, running boards, rain and bug guards etc. would just look awesome. Im just really surprised by that.

Quote:
SilvFx previously said: View Post
The Army Green color was new in 2010 or 2011 and it very well liked so you did well on colors even though you felt you had no choice.
While I do feel like I had no choice, I will say it has grown on me over the years, but it's still not the color I would have chosen given the choice. I liked the Plum color as well, but the Army Green was the last one on the lot, and it was either the Green FJ, or an over prices Jeep Wrangler... Because I wanted either the FJ or a Jeep, my decision was made for me when I took the test drive and the FJ felt very wide, and I didn't feel like I was sitting on top of the passenger, and I loved the way Toyota incorporated the outside color on the interior door cards.... Not to mention the other amenities that were in the FJ like the Backup Camera, Rear Sonar, and Power Inverter.. Not to mention the spaciousness and the way the dash just flows into the center console.

I am now very happy to know that while I am not a fan of the color totally, the FJ community is... It can only mean that as the vehicle ages, and I keep the milage as low as I have been per year (only 10299, I just looked earlier today) that means Im only putting just over 2000 miles per year on the vehicle and this year it will be closer to only 1400 based on how little I have put on it this year so far, the FJ will certainly hold it's value as the Blue Book only lists it at about $100 less then what I paid for in in 2015! There are not many vehicles you can say that after for years of ownership the vehicle really hasn't devalued at all! Most others I have seen a lot of times drop by as much of a few thousand $$ the minute you drive it off the lot!

Needless to say, I am very glad to know the color is popular, even though it's not with me, I would much rather the populous like the color, then me! Now I have to decide whether or not I am going to place a check mark next to another bucket list item and by an american sports car like a Dodge Challenger / Charger or the Dodge Demon (which may not be available yet because I can't find a price on one), Chevy Camaro, Ford Mustang GT, or something along those lines...

Since I got sick in 2009, I have been fulfilling my dreams with my bucket list, and already checked off a boat, a Jet Ski, and the FJ, and as far as vehicles go, the sports car is last on the list. Unless I find a killer price on an original Humvee, however, I might let that one slide because the cost of fuel to run one of them is ridiculous.

I thought would be the case with my FJ, but since I started using Lucas Oil Fuel Treatment, (and no this is NOT all in my head, or just something I am saying because it sounds cool, but I have increased the miles per gallon I am getting with the Lucas Fuel Treatment. I get almost 25 mpg city, and almost 35 mpg highway, and that is no exaggeration.

I thought I had calculated it all wrong because it seemed to good to be true, but it's not. The V6 for a body that is really not at all aerodynamic and just screams drag, is really quite efficient, the Lucas Oil Treatment reduces engine friction, and keeps the injectors clean, but I don't really understand how it makes the engine more efficient but it does something to bring up the mpg, and since it works, I am not questioning it
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 05:55 AM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 83 Post(s)

Here are the packages as listed in the 2014 brochure (excluding the TTUE pkg) - the leather trimmed steering wheel is part of the upgrade package.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2014Pkgs.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	1041482  

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > General Discussion

Tags
fj cruiser , packages

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in