No excuse for driving like trash, even when hauled by an FJC - Page 3 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
General Discussion This area contains general discussion regarding the Toyota FJ Cruiser that does not fit into the other technical discussion forums.

95Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 11:21 AM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: No excuse for driving like trash, even when hauled by an FJC

Quote:
RDTCU previously said: View Post
Did anyone read the first sentence? This is from a facebook post, OP was just sharing.

Read? You mean, like, read? Then no, I didn't even see the first paragraph. I did read the pictures though.
amaclach, Lee44 and jamesepoop like this.

What doesn't kill me makes me more cynical.

TLCA #26213
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 1114 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
DallasDiy previously said: View Post
I'm glad that you're safe.
Quote:
TexasFJ previously said: View Post
Good on you. Complacency is, effectively, the same as condonement.
Quote:
FJFool previously said: View Post
Sounds like he was intoxicated.
Quote:
RDTCU previously said: View Post
He got pictures of the damage and plates, let the cops handle it, that's part of the job.
Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts but I wasn't the lucky samaritan that witnessed this classy gentleman. But yes, many times that I did witness an accident in the past, I usually waited for the victim to appear or left a note. Confrontation isn't worth it and who knows if he's packing. What if I'm packing something larger? while I tend to think they're empty threats, it just takes that one wild card.

I just don't understand the logic and @FJFool you're probably on track, the guy probably had too much to drink. Then again, most low speed accidents, people don't know they've incurred a collision so I doubt if he even felt the weight of his bumper roll into the other vehicle.

One facebookers blamed that it was possibly an embellished story by the witness but trust that I would believe a (possible) liberal before I'd believe a bad driver that would weasel away. The world is a better place for you guys that would not only stop to take the time to record or photograph, but also intervene at your risk. Best to let authorities handle it. Stay safe out there!
JG1967, amaclach, FJFool and 2 others like this.
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 01:21 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
FJFool previously said: View Post
Sharing his own FB post? No? Oops.
Ohhh, it wasn't his own post? Even so, jamesepoop, drinks are on me.
FJFool and jamesepoop like this.

2007 Sun Fusion 4WD Auto | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 w/ Cooper Discover STT Pro 33" | SPC/Light Racing UCAs | Shrockworks bumper, skid plates, sliders | 2" lift on Bilstein 6100s | Sonoran Steel rear lower links & panhard rod | RESZ Fab Link Mounts | Skyjacker rear upper links | Sony XAV-X100 head unit w/ backup camera | JBL sub and speakers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 04:56 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Garage

Florida man is an idiot... but I still hate FB.
Baddawg, amaclach, debFJVT and 2 others like this.

Dec 2017 member of the month
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 08:58 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Joseph H. Barr, 56, and his passenger, Mitzi R. Barr, 54, were killed in their tan Toyota hatchback, according to a preliminary Tennessee Highway Patrol report.

The driver of the dark gray Jeep that hit them head-on was a 17-year-old from Woodlawn whose name was not released because he's a juvenile.

[https://www-gannett--cdn-com]

A tan Toyota that was a part of a two car wreck that killed two and left one critically injured sits in a ditch on the side of the road on Lylewood Road near John Taylor Road in Woodlawn, Tenn., on Friday, March 29, 2019.

HENRY TAYLOR/THE LEAF-CHRONICLE

Just before 5 p.m. Friday, the teenager was driving the Jeep southbound on Lylewood when he crossed the double-yellow line and crashed into the Toyota, according to the report.

According to witnesses the jeep was speeding at a rate over 90 + mph ,this happened a quarter mile from my house. I own an fj as well and always saw this couple out and about on our road.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 09:08 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 612 Post(s)

Quote:
clymbn previously said: View Post
Joseph H. Barr, 56, and his passenger, Mitzi R. Barr, 54, were killed in their tan Toyota hatchback, according to a preliminary Tennessee Highway Patrol report.

The driver of the dark gray Jeep that hit them head-on was a 17-year-old from Woodlawn whose name was not released because he's a juvenile.

[https://www-gannett--cdn-com]

A tan Toyota that was a part of a two car wreck that killed two and left one critically injured sits in a ditch on the side of the road on Lylewood Road near John Taylor Road in Woodlawn, Tenn., on Friday, March 29, 2019.

HENRY TAYLOR/THE LEAF-CHRONICLE

Just before 5 p.m. Friday, the teenager was driving the Jeep southbound on Lylewood when he crossed the double-yellow line and crashed into the Toyota, according to the report.

According to witnesses the jeep was speeding at a rate over 90 + mph ,this happened a quarter mile from my house. I own an fj as well and always saw this couple out and about on our road.

Odd that they describe an FJ as a Toyota Hatchback. Terrible that they died. I am wondering about which injuries were responsible for killing them. To my surprise, at least from the pic you posted, most of the passenger compartment seemed to survive the crash and be intact. Could simply be the force of impact crushes brain/spine etc given that assuming they were going 30+ mph and the other driver 90+ mph...that impact will be like hitting a fixed object at 120+ mph....e.g. like Dale Earnhardt hitting the wall and dying instantly.

Why does it seem like the person responsible seemingly survives these things but the innocent party is killed. Something I have never understood.
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
SilvFx previously said: View Post
Odd that they describe an FJ as a Toyota Hatchback. Terrible that they died. I am wondering about which injuries were responsible for killing them. To my surprise, at least from the pic you posted, most of the passenger compartment seemed to survive the crash and be intact. Could simply be the force of impact crushes brain/spine etc given that assuming they were going 30+ mph and the other driver 90+ mph...that impact will be like hitting a fixed object at 120+ mph....e.g. like Dale Earnhardt hitting the wall and dying instantly.

Why does it seem like the person responsible seemingly survives these things but the innocent party is killed. Something I have never understood.
It is very sad to see the FJ and to know that people lost their lives to someone's stupidity . SMH.

post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 09:26 AM

When friends heard about the location of the accident and the vehicles involved they freaked out because it was really close to my house. Thank God we were safe ,it happened just about 5 minutes before we got home,we had to drive 20 minutes around the backroads to come around the back way to our driveway that was less than a 1/4 mile from the accident.

Winterpeg likes this.
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 05:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Sparky of SoCal previously said: View Post
Looks like a flaky mall crawler, hang him an hang him high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gladiator2008
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 1114 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)

That's really tragic for that couple. May they rest in peace.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in