Another BIG Brake Kit Option BBK OMG! - Page 3 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
General Discussion This area contains general discussion regarding the Toyota FJ Cruiser that does not fit into the other technical discussion forums.

 38Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar
 
jamesepoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 2,460
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Re: Another BIG Brake Kit Option BBK OMG!

Quote:
FJTTSE previously said: View Post
Does the price include shipping?
It does not, since they are shipping each individually. Price was reasonable, around 40 to my doorstep. If you're not in PA, then you don't have to worry about tax.
jamesepoop is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 10:05 PM
Forum Superstar
 
FJTTSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wilsonville, OR
Posts: 2,723
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Another BIG Brake Kit Option BBK OMG!

So a 10% discount would cover powder coating and shipping costs($84 + $40). I'm still thinking it over.
Blown383 and jamesepoop like this.

Cris
FJTTSE is offline  
post #23 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 01:09 AM
Forum Master
 
Blown383's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 926
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Re: Another BIG Brake Kit Option BBK OMG!

How does this kit differ from the Stoptech kit? Piston, pad, rotor size?

-B

2015 Camry SE
2012 Porsche Cayenne
2008 FJ Cruiser
2003 Camry LE (RIP)
2000 Mazda Miata
1997 Camao Z28 383ci supercharged
Blown383 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 07:01 AM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar
 
jamesepoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 2,460
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
FJTTSE previously said: View Post
So a 10% discount would cover powder coating and shipping costs($84 + $40). I'm still thinking it over.
If we get to 10 buyers, it's the next % break so I'm hoping we can achieve that. Also instead of PC, you can also consider G2 caliper paint which is also an option.

Quote:
Blown383 previously said: View Post
How does this kit differ from the Stoptech kit? Piston, pad, rotor size?
Stoptech kit is pieced together by another shop. You can search it. They both have to maintain a similar increase in surface area/ piston sizes because it'll throw off the drive-ability on braking if any is calculated too much or too little. My only issue is you'll be paying a premium for single piece rotors in the ST kit that won't improve unsprung mass/rotating mass. I'd rather stick to readily available rotors in this case.

Attached are the Stoptech ST and Aero6 pad info.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6617-pd-lg_1559912339739.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	1081934  
Attached Images
 
Loganbeere likes this.

Quote:
Iconic_ previously said:
LEDLIYFJL: Live Every Day Like Its Your FJ's Last
Mad Maxxine Build - 2007 Fresco Silver Metallic
My Travels: http://www.downtownfotos.com
jamesepoop is offline  
post #25 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 06:05 PM
Forum Superstar
 
FJTTSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Wilsonville, OR
Posts: 2,723
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Another BIG Brake Kit Option BBK OMG!

@jamesepoop

Add me to the list.
jamesepoop likes this.

Cris
FJTTSE is offline  
post #26 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar
 
jamesepoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 2,460
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Re: Another BIG Brake Kit Option BBK OMG!

Quote:
FJTTSE previously said: View Post
@jamesepoop

Add me to the list.
Thanks for your participation. A couple people dropped out due to circumstances but I'm working on listing to Tacoworld/T4r/GXOR.

Current list
1. Jamesepoop
2. N.Tran(fb)
3. FJTTSE
jamesepoop is offline  
post #27 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 02:56 PM
Forum Superstar
 
Iconic_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Middle of Kansas
Posts: 6,711
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2513 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Another BIG Brake Kit Option BBK OMG!

As James eluded to I've been running this kit for a week now. So far I'm really liking it. The factory brakes I think are adequate but once you add more weight, bigger tires, and mountain passes into the mix there is room for improvement.

The reason I couldn't wait for the GB to finish is because my 1 year old centric caliper spit out all its seals and my vehicle was no longer drivable. I needed to get it fixed so I paid full price on the kit as opposed to buying another centric caliper in the meantime. I wish I could have waited for the GB but I needed parts ASAP.

Let me know also if you guys have any questions specific to the kit or performance. The pads are still very quiet and pedal feel is improved. I find myself occasionally touching the brakes harder than I mean to since I'm not quite used to it. The awesome thing is this setup can easily handle high temperatures without fading, but there is no trade off with daily driving feel either besides pads costing a bit more than OE replacement pads.

Long story short, I give the kit a thumbs up. RR racing has good customer service and value wise, its the best way to get to the next level of performance.

Another BIG Brake Kit Option BBK OMG!-20190531_173857.jpg

Another BIG Brake Kit Option BBK OMG!-20190609_133904.jpg
jamesepoop likes this.
Iconic_ is offline  
post #28 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 04:05 PM
Forum Master
 
Firemedic831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,294
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Another BIG Brake Kit Option BBK OMG!

Quote:
Iconic_ previously said: View Post
As James eluded to I've been running this kit for a week now. So far I'm really liking it. The factory brakes I think are adequate but once you add more weight, bigger tires, and mountain passes into the mix there is room for improvement.

The reason I couldn't wait for the GB to finish is because my 1 year old centric caliper spit out all its seals and my vehicle was no longer drivable. I needed to get it fixed so I paid full price on the kit as opposed to buying another centric caliper in the meantime. I wish I could have waited for the GB but I needed parts ASAP.

Let me know also if you guys have any questions specific to the kit or performance. The pads are still very quiet and pedal feel is improved. I find myself occasionally touching the brakes harder than I mean to since I'm not quite used to it. The awesome thing is this setup can easily handle high temperatures without fading, but there is no trade off with daily driving feel either besides pads costing a bit more than OE replacement pads.

Long story short, I give the kit a thumbs up. RR racing has good customer service and value wise, its the best way to get to the next level of performance.

Attachment 1082176

Attachment 1082178


We will have to test Fit one of Deb or My wheels on your FJ to see if 16s will fit .

09 AT Toytec Boss performance 3inch lift, Demello sliders , TRD brakes , MT offset Lower links . Rad Rubber splash guards ,Cobra CB,
Firemedic831 is offline  
post #29 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 04:29 PM
Forum Superstar
 
Zeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 1,768
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Re: Another BIG Brake Kit Option BBK OMG!

Quote:
Iconic_ previously said: View Post
As James eluded to I've been running this kit for a week now. So far I'm really liking it. The factory brakes I think are adequate but once you add more weight, bigger tires, and mountain passes into the mix there is room for improvement.

The reason I couldn't wait for the GB to finish is because my 1 year old centric caliper spit out all its seals and my vehicle was no longer drivable. I needed to get it fixed so I paid full price on the kit as opposed to buying another centric caliper in the meantime. I wish I could have waited for the GB but I needed parts ASAP.

Let me know also if you guys have any questions specific to the kit or performance. The pads are still very quiet and pedal feel is improved. I find myself occasionally touching the brakes harder than I mean to since I'm not quite used to it. The awesome thing is this setup can easily handle high temperatures without fading, but there is no trade off with daily driving feel either besides pads costing a bit more than OE replacement pads.

Long story short, I give the kit a thumbs up. RR racing has good customer service and value wise, its the best way to get to the next level of performance.

Attachment 1082176

Attachment 1082178
Your OE wheels fitting fine over them with the Spidertrax spacers?



The artist formerly known as "Zeusmotorworks"

Zeus n Lil_Kat's Adventure Trailer Build
Zeus is offline  
post #30 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 05:09 PM
Forum Veteran
 
Sandman14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Caledon, ON, Canada
Posts: 577
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Garage
Re: Another BIG Brake Kit Option BBK OMG!

Certainly wish I knew about this sooner. I called wilwood and all others and they were unwilling to assist me just saying that we don't have a kit and we can't help you...very frustrating and I was willing to spend the cash and after hours and days of research (TRD Kit not available in Canada) I just gave up and went with OEM... really wanted a better setup due to my added weight...

So did they make the "kit" for you or did you tell them the parts you wanted and has it been tested on an FJ?
Sandman14 is offline  
Reply

  Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > General Discussion

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (1 members and 3 guests)
steph99
User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRD Big Brake Kit Off The Ground Want to Sell (FJ Related Items) 8 07-25-2017 12:33 AM
2007 FJ 4WD 95kmiles Supercharger Big Brake Kit Bumper to Bumper Warranty 2007FJSC Vehicles For Sale 8 03-31-2014 02:59 PM
Group Buy: aFe CAI Round 2! FJoel Vendor Deals & Group Buys 240 04-09-2007 08:10 PM
aFe Cold Air Intake Group Buy! FJoel Vendor Deals & Group Buys 255 04-05-2007 02:39 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome