No complaints here. My stock 2007 with about 90k on the clock gets 20.6 mpg average. Yes, even in town. I drive around in town with the shifter in 4th gear to avoid the dreaded torque converter shudder. Only when im on the freeway do I put her in D to get all 5 gears. I got almost 21 on a recent trip to silverton. Averaging about 20.6 in town all the time,, running premium, or mid grade depending on where I buy gas and how expensive it is.
All stock, no lift, big tires, heavy bumpers... Going to get some bilsteins to lift and level but thats about as far as Im going to go.
Does the trd intake and exhaust help fuel mileage? Any other mods to bring that number into the mid 20s?
Those numbers are almost too good to be true on a single VVTi engine, especially with any weight-adding mods and bigger tires. Truly achieving 20.6 MPG in around-town, stop-and-go driving is phenomenal.
Can you provide some specific info on:
1. Exactly how you are calculating your fuel economy numbers;
2. How you are correcting your odometer readings for the larger tire diameter;
3. What tire size you are running;
4. What weight-adding mods you have made (weight of bumpers, or brand & model, sliders, skid-plates, etc.)
5. The elevation where the majority of your driving takes place.
This will help extend the range of reliable fuel economy data that forum members have provided.