2012 Radiant Red FJ Cruiser - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
General Discussion This area contains general discussion regarding the Toyota FJ Cruiser that does not fit into the other technical discussion forums.

View Poll Results: Is it a Trails Team?
Yes 3 23.08%
No 8 61.54%
Custom Order? 2 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Question 2012 Radiant Red FJ Cruiser

I just bought a 2012 FJ Cruiser in Radiant Red but it doesn't have the Trails Edition Badges but when I pulled the VIN and decoded the invoice it had the Off-Road Package, Convenience Package 17" Alloy Wheels and Spare , Roof Rack and the Z1 Preferred package but it's not showing that it's a Trails Edition and the steering wheel and seats aren't accented in Red so I am guessing it is not a Trails Edition? My Question would be if it has the Off Road package wouldn't it be a Trails Edition? I was under the assumption that the Radiant Red color option only went to the Trails Edition. Just picked it up for $28,900 59K miles and lifted, big rims and body armor bumper with winch. Also has additional fog lamps and really nice SmittyBilt 2 Step Nerf running boards. I guess my question is about the Radiant Red Color option. The more digging I do, just seems like the original owner did a custom order? Not sure.. Just curious on the boards thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 03:13 PM
4-Corners Moderator

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: 2012 Radiant Red FJ Cruiser

Quote:
Manny Valente previously said: View Post
I just bought a 2012 FJ Cruiser in Radiant Red but it doesn't have the Trails Edition Badges but when I pulled the VIN and decoded the invoice it had the Off-Road Package, Convenience Package 17" Alloy Wheels and Spare , Roof Rack and the Z1 Preferred package but it's not showing that it's a Trails Edition and the steering wheel and seats aren't accented in Red so I am guessing it is not a Trails Edition? My Question would be if it has the Off Road package wouldn't it be a Trails Edition? I was under the assumption that the Radiant Red color option only went to the Trails Edition. Just picked it up for $28,900 59K miles and lifted, big rims and body armor bumper with winch. Also has additional fog lamps and really nice SmittyBilt 2 Step Nerf running boards. I guess my question is about the Radiant Red Color option. The more digging I do, just seems like the original owner did a custom order? Not sure.. Just curious on the boards thoughts.
What country are you in? For the north American market the 2012 Trail Teams was the only vehicle that used radiant red color but I know other countries like Australia had the color available as just a standard FJ withwhatever package it was ordered with. Sounds also like it may just be an FJ someone has painted radiant red if you happen to be in North America, which is a possibility. If there are no badges or color matched interior seats, trim, or steering wheel it is definitely not a 2012 TT.
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 05:49 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Manny Valente previously said: View Post
Was it advertised as a TT or did you assume it was?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 06:34 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 362 Post(s)

I believe that red was a non TT color available in Japan and the UAE. But I'm right only 45% of the time.

post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
FJX2000 previously said: View Post
What country are you in? For the north American market the 2012 Trail Teams was the only vehicle that used radiant red color but I know other countries like Australia had the color available as just a standard FJ withwhatever package it was ordered with. Sounds also like it may just be an FJ someone has painted radiant red if you happen to be in North America, which is a possibility. If there are no badges or color matched interior seats, trim, or steering wheel it is definitely not a 2012 TT.
I ran the vin through Toyota and even had a local Toyota dealer decode my vin and this was the port or factory installed equipment and the exterior was Radiant Red (3L5) so it came from the factory not a repaint, Toyota rep said good chance the buyer did a custom built and request.

3T Roof Rack
Port
AL 17" Alloy Wheels with FullSize Alloy Spare
Factory
CQ Convenience Package
Factory
DH Towing Hitch & Wire Harness
Port
E5 Stainless Steel Exhaust Tip
Port
FE 50 State Emissions
Factory
OF Off-Road Package
Factory
RL Daytime Running Lights
Factory
Z1 Preferred Accessory Package Carpet Floor Mats & Cargo Mat, Rear Door Storage, First Aid Kit, Armrest
Port
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Bad Wolf previously said: View Post
I believe that red was a non TT color available in Japan and the UAE. But I'm right only 45% of the time.
I ran the vin through Toyota and even had a local Toyota dealer decode my vin and this was the port or factory installed equipment and the exterior was Radiant Red (3L5) so it came from the factory not a repaint, Toyota rep said good chance the buyer did a custom built and request.

3T Roof Rack
Port
Factory
CQ Convenience Package
Factory
Port
Port
FE 50 State Emissions
Factory
OF Off-Road Package
Factory
Factory
Z1 Preferred Accessory Package Carpet Floor Mats & Cargo Mat, Rear Door Storage, First Aid Kit, Armrest
Port
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
dedhed previously said: View Post
Was it advertised as a TT or did you assume it was?
It was not advertised as a TT, I ran the vin through Toyota and even had a local Toyota dealer decode my vin and this was the port or factory installed equipment and the exterior was Radiant Red (3L5) so it came from the factory not a repaint, Toyota rep said good chance the buyer did a custom built and request.

3T Roof Rack
Port
Factory
CQ Convenience Package
Factory
Port
Port
FE 50 State Emissions
Factory
OF Off-Road Package
Factory
Factory
Port
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 10:08 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 362 Post(s)

Might have a genuine rare bird there!
Manny Valente likes this.

post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 11:40 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Congrats and welcome! I recently got a 2012TTUE, welcome to the Radiant Red club. You know we are all dying for pics so post if you got 'em!
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 06:27 AM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)

That sucks. I know I would feel kinda heartbroken if I thought I was buying a limited edition 1 of 2,500, only to figure out it was something else.

Hopefully you can find solace in the fact you do have a red FJ, and those in itself are very rare. And yeah, post up some pictures!

Past: 2007 Black Diamond FJC - totaled
Present: 2012 Trail Team Edition Radiant Red

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > General Discussion

Tags
radiant red

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in