Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

FJ's and Motorcycles

7K views 56 replies 30 participants last post by  SMunch 
#1 ·
Just thought I'd start a thread to see how many of us enjoy our bikes almost as much as our FJ. I'll start with pics of my two.
Machine

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Grew up on dirt bikes in the woods in Northern Michigan. Rode sport bikes for 30 years. now I have a old mans bike lol.

Attachments

Reactions: DBCooper
#8 ·
Sorry for the crappy pics but I got a new phone and have not transferred my old pics . Here are just a couple

Attachments

#17 ·
I had some that I wish I had kept. 81 Honda CX500Turbo, 83 Honda CX650 Turbo,85 Honda VF1000R (gear drive cams V-4),RZ350 Yamaha 2 stroke, Had a good friend that had a RG500 Suzuki 2 stroke 340lbs 95hp at 9500 rpm 140mph one of the most fun motorcycles I have ever ridden. kept my CX Turbos until 2006 they were both in excelent cond. last sport bike I sold was a 98 Suzuki TL1000R that I had put way to much money in to get the weight down to 405 lb in street trim 384 lbs with the race body. the Turbo Photo I was 21 yrs old (1984) the Suzuki photo I was 43 yrs old the last time I had it at the track.

Attachments

#18 ·
I had a 85 RZ 350 with a FZR 400 rear swingarm and wheel plus fzr 400 fairing . I used to ride with Kenny Roberts JR playing around doing flat track stuff . I know he has a few brand new never ridden RZ 350s and 500 s . still . We had a OW-O1 . also . I tried street bikes for a little bit and raced a TZ250 . but Dirt was my thing . I also had a little YSR with a yz 80 motor in it . that was fun

#20 ·
I had a friend that raced a TZ250 for several years I had some seat time on that at Grattan raceway in western Michigan lot of fun.

Reactions: Firemedic831
#21 ·
Don't ride as much as we used to now that my son has moved into his own place. But we do enjoy getting them out and ripping around the desert from time-to-time!

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

#25 ·
Nice 2 wheel rides! Not a fan of baggers but I know why y'all ride them. We lane split in CA so if you find someone behind you, would you kindly scoot over lol.

I have a shadow v twin, triumph Daytona and previously triump speed triple, gsx-r and love bobbers/cafe chops in between. Been getting into dirt but I'll wait until I have a proper garage to maintain them.

Attachments

#27 ·
Bikes and FJ's go well together. I have a pretty good collection of bikes. I posted a few pics, the first is the KLR 650 at Engineer Pass a couple of years ago. The second is a KLX250 project, I found it in a barn. The skirts had broken off the piston at 2k miles. It is like new and even though I am fat and getting old, it carries me good enough to make me reconsider having the KLR 650 which wants to fall over all the time.

The last picture (snagged pic from my website) is my favorite street bike, it is 1999 Valkyrie Interstate. She has been well taken care of and will pass most anything but a gas station on the road. I have been around the country on it. I have owned two of the Valks, the first I bought in 2000, I am pretty sure my ex wife has the keys to it somewhere. This one I have had since 2006.

There other bikes in the stable also. I get bored easily, and spend time working on them in my man cave. My name is Craig, it has been 245 days since I rescued a bike to repair. I am not sure I can hold out much longer!

Attachments

#30 ·
Your wheelie pic is why I do not own one. lack of self control the super moto bikes are way fun. I have a Husqvarna dealer close to me I looked at a FS450 about a month ago. I almost bought a FE350 about a year ago. they are great bikes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.