A visual installation of the Blacked Out Handle for those who need it (like myself) Added pictures to Sealevel's procedure.
1. Open Door, Identify Black Plasic plug on door jam and remove.
2. Loosen Torx fastener. The Torx fastener will not come out completely, or fall into the door, because it has a retainer clip which holds it in place.
3) You should now be able the pull the lock mechanism out.
4) Carefully take a small flat screw driver and pry the plastic lock cover off.
5) Slide the front part of the handle back and out.
6) Insert the new door handle into the opening of the door, slide it forward, and into position.
7) Snap the new lock cover onto the lock mechanism.
8) Insert the lock mechanism into the door, and tighten the Torx fastener
9) Front door handle swap complete!
Thanks NDA for such a great/simple mod!
- ARB Front Bumper, Expedition One Rear bumper & Sliders, GOBI Stealth, Tuffy Center Console, Overhead ScanGuage w/HomeLink
, Dirty Part's 2nd Battery Kit, Original Bandi Mount #11, ICON CO's, ARB Fridge, Battery Clamp, MRSS (Modular Rear Storage System)
, M-PAC rack, FJ Freedom Windows
- ARB Front Bumper, OME Heavy/Med Lift, Wagongear Tailgate Lid