BACK SEAT INTERIOR LIGHTING: Easy add-on w/ pics - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
How-To Technical Articles This is an extensive READ-ONLY compilation library of popular and informative “how to” articles for the FJ Cruiser. To submit or nominate a new Technical Article, please do so in the "Tech Articles Staging Area" section.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By FJforMee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-16-2007, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
BACK SEAT INTERIOR LIGHTING: Easy add-on w/ pics

To read the original full thread and post questions/comments on this topic, please go to https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...-addition.html

I've been using single LED lights when camping for years now and have been really impressed with how well they work and how long they last. I've been on many long Friday night camping excursions where I had boy scouts sit in the back seat for hours reading and playing games with their LED headlamps on. I bought this 3-pack of adjustable LED lights at Harbor Freight tools a while back knowing that I'd find a use for them sooner or later. I think that I paid about $15 bucks for this three pack made by “ritelite”. I was doing a little organizing in the FJ today when I spotted the place to put a couple of these little jewels. Keep in mind that these operate on 3-AAA batteries and will last for many hours. Each light puck has 5 LED's, with center touch "high-low-off" light settings, and they will swivel and tilt. They also come with Velcro stick pads if you have other places you want to stick-em.

"5 Minute Mod - Interior Backseat Light Addition"
1. Locate the two panel trim clips directly above each of the backseats.
2. Use a trim removal tool to carefully pry them down from the ceiling panel. Don’t pry against the roof panel; pull them down with the tool. You should be able to reuse the clips at least once if you’re careful.
3. Pull the mounting backs off of the new light pucks to access the battery compartment.
4. Install 3-AAA batteries in each of the two light pucks.
5. Insert the trim clip through the hole in the back and push it back in place in the ceiling panel.
6. Snap the light pucks back on and you’re good to go.

I installed the Chevy center light with spots a few months. Its ok but needs to be brighter. I ordered a 25 LED insert pad from Oznium to install in it next weekend. I’ll post some install pictures if it works out as expected. I don’t know about you, but the older I get the more light I want to have to read by.

Link to Easy LED dome light installation:
https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...FJforMe%21
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LightPuck-Install_01.JPG
Views:	3354
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	24005   Click image for larger version

Name:	LightPuck-Install_01b.JPG
Views:	3436
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	24006   Click image for larger version

Name:	LightPuck-Install_01d.JPG
Views:	3433
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	24007   Click image for larger version

Name:	LightPuck-Install_01e.JPG
Views:	3851
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	24008   Click image for larger version

Name:	LightPuck-Install_01g.JPG
Views:	7888
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	24009  

4x4 Junkie likes this.

FJforMee

Last edited by LandCruiserSteve; 06-03-2008 at 04:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > FJ Cruiser Technical Articles & Buyers Guides > How-To Technical Articles

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in