Bring Back The Toyota Trail Teams !!! - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
I'd Like to Tell Toyota... This is for constructive suggestions to be made to Toyota regarding the FJ Cruiser. This is a flame free forum and heavily moderated.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 08:13 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Bring Back The Toyota Trail Teams !!!

Toyota never used the Trail Teams to full effect IMHO. If you speak to the people who were part of that program, they'll tell you the same thing.

It was a subcontracted advertising program back when Toyota had BIG BUCKS to spend. I have no idea what the FJ sales profile is like, but most people don't use them on the trail. Many drivers feel they're sort of a niche soccer mom vehicle and never take them off pavement.

I doubt we'll see the Trail Teams again.

There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unaltered, to find the ways that you have changed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 08:17 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)

Quote:
uphill previously said: View Post
Toyota never used the Trail Teams to full effect IMHO. If you speak to the people who were part of that program, they'll tell you the same thing.

It was a subcontracted advertising program back when Toyota had BIG BUCKS to spend. I have no idea what the FJ sales profile is like, but most people don't use them on the trail. Many drivers feel they're sort of a niche soccer mom vehicle and never take them off pavement.

X2..... Could not have said it better.

'07 FJ, C package, 5A, Ti

mods so far
Mod, mod, and more mods and it still looks way to friggin' stock.....grrrrr

Love my truck.....Love my forum

http://www.fjnortheasters.org/forum/

The Northeastest Northeaster
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
Forum Master

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to PA-NC Cruiser Send a message via Yahoo to PA-NC Cruiser
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
uphill previously said: View Post

I agree about the part that Toyota did not use the Trail Teams to full effect.

So, Maybe they should promote Trail Teams to heavily include all Toyota 4x4s...Land Cruisers, 4 Runner, Tacoma, FJs, etc...?

As far as "Many drivers feel they're sort of a niche soccer mom vehicle and never take them off pavement"......I would like to ask those drivers if they thought that way after they had a few of the rigs owned by members here in the forum pull up behind them on any given day?

2010 Trail Teams Edition - Toytec 3" Ultimate Lift, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG A/Ts, J-Stanley Custom Shifter, Underarmor by BudBuilt, Ricochet LCA guards, Hardline Fabrication/Toy Outfitters Rear Lower Links, Outrider Suspension Armor (rear lower link mount and shock armor), PIAA XTreme White Plus headlights, PIAA 520 series Fog/Driving lights, BajaRack OEM roofrack basket, MaxTrax recovery ramps, Husky Floor Liners, Midland 75-822, Bandi Mount with 4' Firestick II, K&N drop in airfilter for on-road travel, OEM Airfilter when wheeling.....AND the OrangeBoxx Side Cubby PSD (NCFJ Edition) from our good friends at www.orangeboxxfabrication.com

www.ncfjcruisers.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Forum Master

The trail teams were a good advertising tool for Toyota. I know they were popular when the fj first came out. When they visited an area they always had freebies to hand out and they would let others examine and drive their fjs. Yes, I think Toyota should bring them back. They need some good PR now more than ever.

Alien

I expend tremendous amounts of energy and time merely to be normal.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Athena Send a message via MSN to Athena Send a message via Yahoo to Athena

I made some great friends with the trails team crew! Muddygirl, Woody, Connor, we had great times

Intergalactic Planetary Invader of FJ Interwebz ~ EVIL TRUNK MONKEY

silly boy, gonna make you cry

^^^click it.. you know you wanna

"... I don't know if I could kill someone with a frozen turkey because that is a lot of evidence to eat .... unless I found a whole room of people who also wanted that person dead ..."
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 04:31 PM
Forum Master

Quote:
Athena previously said: View Post
I made some great friends with the trails team crew! Muddygirl, Woody, Connor, we had great times
Athena, is Muddygirl still around? I haven't seen her posting anything lately. I remember her being part of the Trail Teams.

Alien

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Alien previously said: View Post
Athena, is Muddygirl still around? I haven't seen her posting anything lately. I remember her being part of the Trail Teams.

Alien
Yes she's still around, just a little quieter now. Mo is good people as are all of the Trail Teams guys and gals. They made our events that much more special. I miss them greatly. Toyota has bigger fish to fry right now. I stand by them 100%. I own three Toyotas, 2 FJC's and an 05 Tacoma. Never a complaint. When I have a problem it's been resolved easily and efficiently. I actually just took a Tundra for a spin.....now I want one of those as well.

2007 Titanium Metallic and YES I wheel it!
TLCA#16880, FJ Northeasters, Gotham City Land Cruisers, Yankee Toys
6 SPEED MANUAL- ICON Reservoir Front Coilovers, ICON Piggy Back Rear Shocks, DR Racing Billet UCA"s, Body Mount Mod, Real Wheels Lightbar w/4 PIAA 520SMR XT Lights, AllPro Front and Rear Bumpers w/Warn M8000 winch, AllPro Trailing Arm skids, All Pro sliders, TRD CAI, Weld Dune 6 W/Black Beadlock rings, Toyo MT's 35x12.5x17
RASTA Full Aluminum Skids, Lots of Badges!
Daily Driver:2010 Toyota Tundra Double Cab

FJNORTHEASTERS

GOTHAM CITY LANDCRUISERS

TLCA
Yankee Toys
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 06:05 PM
Forum Master

Quote:
slither previously said: View Post
Yes she's still around, just a little quieter now. Mo is good people as are all of the Trail Teams guys and gals. They made our events that much more special. I miss them greatly. Toyota has bigger fish to fry right now. I stand by them 100%. I own three Toyotas, 2 FJC's and an 05 Tacoma. Never a complaint. When I have a problem it's been resolved easily and efficiently. I actually just took a Tundra for a spin.....now I want one of those as well.
Thanks for the update Slither. I too stand by Toyota and am comfortable knowing my fj is a well engineered truck and that I will get many years of service from it.

Alien

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)

I fully agree Toyota could benefit by reinstating the Trail Teams. But I also think it's darn strange they are still building a Trail Teams Edition FJC after firing the real trail team. To me that is just plain crazy.

Ace

Alan "Ace" Brown * Book Cliff Cruisers * Smokey Mtn Cruisers * TLCA #18649 * Overland Certified * BRC *

2008 FJC AT Silver; All-Pro, ARB, BFG, Bud-built, Cobra, Eagle, Expedition One, Garmin, Nitro Gear (4.88), OME, PIAA, Pioneer, Viking, Warn, Yakima, over $18K so far.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 10:34 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Athena Send a message via MSN to Athena Send a message via Yahoo to Athena

Quote:
Alien previously said: View Post

Alien
She's fairly active on facebook

Intergalactic Planetary Invader of FJ Interwebz ~ EVIL TRUNK MONKEY

silly boy, gonna make you cry

^^^click it.. you know you wanna

"... I don't know if I could kill someone with a frozen turkey because that is a lot of evidence to eat .... unless I found a whole room of people who also wanted that person dead ..."

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > I'd Like to Tell Toyota...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in