The only thing I don't like about my FJ - Page 5 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
I'd Like to Tell Toyota... This is for constructive suggestions to be made to Toyota regarding the FJ Cruiser. This is a flame free forum and heavily moderated.

58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 98 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 07:45 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Garage
Re: The only thing I don't like about my FJ

.... is that an OEM sunroof was never offered.

(its neat to see older threads revived)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 01:25 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Codger previously said: View Post
.... is that an OEM sunroof was never offered.

(its neat to see older threads revived)
So I am sitting here listening to my Technics 1200 turntable spin some early Beatles and Elton John and I decided to weigh in here on this lazy Sunday!

I guess that I would say that no sunroof option and the windows in the rear doors and the way-back not having a fixed open position or electric roll down capability are things that could have been improved upon.

Not complaining, just saying!!

Now here is where the vinyl kicks in as I wax philosophical:

I do think that it is way cool that Toyota honored FJ 40 legacy by bringing the FJ Cruiser to market in its memory.
I am sure that they did not make alot of money doing it, or they would have kept doing it- after all that is the way it works in business.
That said, for 4 years, from 1960 to 1964, Toyota stopped sending cars to the US market and the only thing keeping them afloat in the largest automotive market in the world was the cute little rugged FJ25 that had been introduced to the US in 1958!
I say that, to say this, it was good of them to bring back the FJ, if only for a little while, because that little truck saved their ass!!
It is hard to imagine life in the North America without Toyota!
......and Toyota Jan!! (in case you thought that I was getting a little too full of myself here on a Sunday afternoon!!
LOL..........gm
ZerosFJ, debFJVT, Codger and 1 others like this.

TLCA # 20795
2018 Lexus LX570
2018 Jeep JK Rubicon Recon
2014 FJ TTUE- 1 of 2500
1994 Mustang Cobra Indy Pace Car Convertible 5.0 (Stock)
1986 Ford F150 XLT Super Cab Longbed 5.0 (Stock)
1982 Jeep CJ7 Limited Edition (Stock)
1966 Corvair Corsa Turbo Convertible (Stock)
post #43 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 02:46 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)

Quote:
gaylonw previously said: View Post
...Now here is where the vinyl kicks in as I wax philosophical:

I do think that it is way cool that Toyota honored FJ 40 legacy by bringing the FJ Cruiser to market in its memory.
I am sure that they did not make alot of money doing it, or they would have kept doing it- after all that is the way it works in business.
That said, for 4 years, from 1960 to 1964, Toyota stopped sending cars to the US market and the only thing keeping them afloat in the largest automotive market in the world was the cute little rugged FJ25 that had been introduced to the US in 1958!
I say that, to say this, it was good of them to bring back the FJ, if only for a little while, because that little truck saved their ass!!
It is hard to imagine life in the North America without Toyota!
......and Toyota Jan!! (in case you thought that I was getting a little too full of myself here on a Sunday afternoon!!
LOL..........gm
You got me thinking. I'd like to see Toyota bring back the J40 Land Cruiser in it's original styling. Like the old Willy's Jeep, that utilitarian styling of the past has a timelessness that crosses generations. As nice as the styling of today's FJ Cruiser is, I'd buy a retro looking J40 with the modern engineering under the hood and body just for the sheer thrill of it.
gaylonw and ZerosFJ like this.

Army Green 2011 FJ. My baby, the green strange beast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 05:59 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Garage

I didn't like that the passenger seat didn't have an armrest. That's fixed now.

I like the door-mounted spare, but I really REALLY miss having a rear hatch to hide under in the hot sun and cold rain.
gaylonw likes this.

Kevin, Shannon, and a 2007 FJ Cruiser | ОѴƦԼχƝƊ.com | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
"You're born into the world thinking that you are...entering a world that's been seen before.
And seldom do you sort of wake up to the realization that you're the explorer." -- Sean Parker
post #45 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 07:56 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Garage

Center console, Sunroof and perhaps a better thought out side mirror.
post #46 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 08:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm on my third windscreen and will have to get a new one before I get the car inspected/registered next year.

Ugh.

And with my deductible, they end up paying only like $20-$50 of the total cost. Fun.

Not everybody does rock crawling with a beer can in hand.

(Best quote ever, from an apparently banned member....)
post #47 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 07:34 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

I have the same complaint...even my 84 oldsmobile had a mist feature.... Also no heated mirrors!
post #48 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 06:34 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 520 Post(s)

Kaiju: You'd like to see Toyota bring back the J40 Land Cruiser in it's original styling. "Like the old Willy's Jeep, that utilitarian styling of the past has a timelessness that crosses generations. As nice as the styling of today's FJ Cruiser is, I'd buy a retro looking J40 with the modern engineering under the hood and body just for the sheer thrill of it."

You'll want to check out Icon Motors, then, because your wish is granted: http://www.icon4x4.com/fj

number 7: usually if you adopt a rider on your insurance called, "comprehensive" it covers all accidents outside of your control (tree falls on it, rock breaks windscreen, someone damages it while parked, etc.), and you can get a very low deductible for it relatively cheaply. Talk to your insurance agent and see.

AtomicFJ: there is no answer to the mist feature, but heated mirrors is certainly possible, order a set of heated glass from a dealer in Japan (google for english websites, and there are threads here with the part numbers) and then run power from the rear window defroster lead, et. voila! Added advantage: convex glass on both sides = much reduced blindspot

Norm

post #49 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 12:58 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 49 Post(s)

Quote:
norm356 previously said: View Post
Kaiju: You'd like to see Toyota bring back the J40 Land Cruiser in it's original styling. "Like the old Willy's Jeep, that utilitarian styling of the past has a timelessness that crosses generations. As nice as the styling of today's FJ Cruiser is, I'd buy a retro looking J40 with the modern engineering under the hood and body just for the sheer thrill of it."

You'll want to check out Icon Motors, then, because your wish is granted: http://www.icon4x4.com/fj

Norm
Oooooh, that's nice! I wonder if they'd make a hardtop pickup version instead of the softtop version?

Army Green 2011 FJ. My baby, the green strange beast.
post #50 of 98 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 01:25 PM
Desert Moderator

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3005 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Kaiju previously said: View Post
You got me thinking. I'd like to see Toyota bring back the J40 Land Cruiser in it's original styling. Like the old Willy's Jeep, that utilitarian styling of the past has a timelessness that crosses generations. As nice as the styling of today's FJ Cruiser is, I'd buy a retro looking J40 with the modern engineering under the hood and body just for the sheer thrill of it.
yeah but 2 problems -- people wolud ***** that it has no creature comforts, and crash tests - LOL. This is why the Defender went the way of the dinosaur after 67 years.

Black '14 6MT
Stock bumpers
Some mods

Rear Diff Lock on Demand mod: https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...mand-hack.html

Nannies Off Mod: https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...ml#post1183262

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > I'd Like to Tell Toyota...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in