I would tell toyota that for what we pay for these rigs floor mats should be standard - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
I'd Like to Tell Toyota... This is for constructive suggestions to be made to Toyota regarding the FJ Cruiser. This is a flame free forum and heavily moderated.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I would tell toyota that for what we pay for these rigs floor mats should be standard

Not the fuzzy ones either. The rubber all weather mats should come standard. If you buy a TT then you get the TT mats. If you by base then you get regular all weather mats. ETC.

Carpet mats should be optional.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: I would tell toyota that for what we pay for these rigs floor mats should be stan

We told our Mini Cooper dealer that too when we bought our new Countrymen this year, for a $28,000 car we should get mats. And we did, they threw in the top of the line mats because it's a good dealer and we're returning customers and will be for a long time.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-19-2012, 07:20 AM
Forum Regular

Re: I would tell toyota that for what we pay for these rigs floor mats should be stan

That would just be one more option that they would force you to buy and jack the price up even higher. Toyota is not going to "give" anything away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 03:44 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Mercedes SL even charges for this. Most car manufactures charge this and have been for several years.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 04:23 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

When I bought mine the dealer threw in the rubber mats for free (that was in '07). As far as I know for a while getting floor mats from Toyota was a pain because of the whole mystery acceleration issue that was blamed on floor mats for a while.

'07 VB FJ 6MT, 3'' OME, 285/75/R16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 16x8 ATX Chamber Teflons, Demello Front Bumper, TRD CAI, TRD Exhaust, Lightforce 170s, Trail Gear sliders, SCUBA Mod and some other minor doodads...

The Ultimate Toolbox: Duct tape - For things that move but shouldn't; WD40 - For things that don't move but should.

My build
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 04:37 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1868 Post(s)

With the cost of you new car you get a floor covering. Be glad your not ordering your car from Henry Ford otherwise you wouldn't even get that. Without it your feet would be on painted steel, all manufacturers I can think of consider this standard. Anything additional, ie floor mats of any kind are options.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 04:43 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Ranger92 previously said: View Post
When I bought mine the dealer threw in the rubber mats for free (that was in '07). As far as I know for a while getting floor mats from Toyota was a pain because of the whole mystery acceleration issue that was blamed on floor mats for a while.
Same here. When I bought my 07 the dealer threw in the HD mats including the HD cargo mat and sliders in order to make the deal.

*All the work on this truck was done by me!*

<NO SNORKEL> _OME Lift -LR UCAs - DeMello FB - 12K# Winch - Hi Lift -Warn RB - TRD muff - Cobra CB / Bandi - A-Trk, Diff Lock, VSC, Chime Hacks - BMC -305-70-16 MTR's & Raceline Renegade's - Wolo - Hi Lift - Tube Grill - Ellis Shift Knbs - Silver Star H4s- Clazzio Leather - Blue Sea Panel - Optima Yellow - Kenwood DNX6980 - Oznium LED- Prodigy BC - SCUBA -Window Tint - Springtail Racks - Tru Cool 4454 - VIAIR Sys -AP Sliders-Ricochet HD Skids - BozTec Diff Skid - ToyTec LCAs & Panhard - Front ARB - 4:56 Gears - Smitty CO2 Cyl - AIRAID CAI - Baja Rack - Lowrance Baja

https://www.facebook.com/jim.eberhart

TCLA Member 4407

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 06:32 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

I Totaly agree. Mine didn't even come with the roof rack.

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.”
2010 TT 6MT. 4.56+ARB locker, Icon Coil Over Shocks+FOX 2.5 Rear+Icon UCA. All pro HD steering Kit. Metal Tech tube bumper with Caterpillar GTB 9000 Winch. Light Force Striker 170 HID. K&N cooled Air Intake. Ricochet Skid Plate. All-Pro Rear LCA. ARB Half Rack. Boztech Diff skid 285/75/16 Goodyear MTR, Edelbrock Exhaust. URD Short Shifter. Total Chaos LCA Skids.
And Death Valley Is The Place To Be
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 09:42 AM
Forum Regular

Quote:
hersog previously said: View Post
I Totaly agree. Mine didn't even come with the roof rack.
I hope your being sarcastic.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 10:24 AM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage

The trail teams according to my 2010 booklet I got at the dealer says something like "all weather trail teams mats" & "all weather trail teams cargo liner". Something that toyota pulled due to the gas pedal issue. My dealer bought my full set of Huskys for me since the brochure said it was included in the trail teams package & I pursued it. In my opinion a passenger side arm rest should be more of a standard feature than all weather mats, its pretty unheard of to me that they consider this a $100+ option.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > I'd Like to Tell Toyota...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in