Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

engine option

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  csitracadie 
#1 ·
dear Toyota, a diesel 6 speed (man) please !

#2 ·
I'll buy 2, and probably be able to sell at least a half dozen more to friends....

It still won't happen. I seem to recall emailing Toyota about that a few years ago and their response was that a hybrid model was more likely. I told them they had no idea what people wanted. :(

#3 ·
With a solid front axle and a 4:1 transfer case...

#6 ·
The only problem is that in the US, diesel costs more than gas and when they add on all the EPA crap to the engine, it kills the fuel milage.

My last truck was the CRD jeep grand cherokee. When I got it, diesel was running around $1 a gallon. Within a month it jumped to $5 a gallon. It wasn't worth it anymore.

Not to mention that it sucked to take it to the shop. The dealer had one diesel tech working and a zillon gas techs working. Every time I took it in it was a week or two before they could even look at it.

#8 ·
The August issue of Four Wheeler mentions a company called Diesel Toys that sells kits for the conversion that reportedly includes everything needed including a low mileage turbo diesel engine. I didn't check out their site but it's Dieseltoys-Toyota and Jeep Diesel Conversions phone is 877/545-8699.
I wasn't aware it existed. Apparently they've been doing it since 2002 and now have a kit for the FJ Cruiser.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.