My 2007 FJ has been the Best Vehicle I have ever Purchased - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
I'd Like to Tell Toyota... This is for constructive suggestions to be made to Toyota regarding the FJ Cruiser. This is a flame free forum and heavily moderated.

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2014, 03:49 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 990 Post(s)
Garage
Re: My 2007 FJ has been the Best Vehicle I have ever Purchased

I bought my 07 in Aug 06 and its been the best vehical I have ever owned. Its taken me places I didn`t think I would ever go to. Thanks to toyota for building a awsome vehical. Its going to be in the family for many many many years to come.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-20-2014, 03:56 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)

I love my 07 too! I can't say it's any better in the reliable dept than the other two Toyotas I have owned, but they have all been bombproof, minus one blown trans in my 02 Tacoma at 180,000. If the FJ passes 180k without a major failure, I'll say it's tve best... but my 86 4x4 pickup had 250k with no major issues...

Change the oil and oil filter often, and not necessarily the other fluids very often, and it's good to go for a long, long time until you think you need to change the rest of the fluids just because

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

• 2007 Voodoo 6MT
  • AllPro Walker Evans lift
  • AllPro Uniball UCAs
  • Allpro Rear Lower Links
  • Allpro Roof Rack
  • LCNW Front Tube Bumper
  • LCNW Rear Tube Bumper
  • Warn 9.5 TI Winch with Syn Line
  • Stealth Custom Series Matte Bronze Wheels
  • 285 70 17 Duratracs
  • URD 6MT Quickshifter
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 11:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

One of the best vehicles I have ever owned. ....

pokies online australia

Last edited by mariecjenkins; 06-11-2014 at 04:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 11:48 PM
I Have a V-8!! Moderator

Mentioned: 353 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7039 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Rmerron previously said: View Post
How do you miss something this big and Yellow?

I took it in to the dealer at 180,000 for a complete check, flushed all fluids, including transmission, finially the brakes needed changing, at 180,000? Wow! had them replaced witht he factory brake pads.

I agree with you about how can people miss a big yellow truck. I've had more near misses in it than any of my other vehicles combined over the years.

I got my brake pads replaced and the rotors turned at around 155,000 miles. I still had more miles I could have put on it, but I had the time and money when I was getting things checked out in the shop that I just had them do the brakes while it was there. New factory pads too.

I had a few more things fixed than you did, but it was still a good vehicle and I still smiled every time I drove it from Aug of '06 when I bought it until April of '14 when I traded it.

Go ahead, skin it! Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens...

I'll ride in on a sunny day, Sing you a song, steal your heart away Like a cowboy Hang my hat like I'm here for awhile Kick off my boots and drive you wild Like a cowboy Well baby you know I can't stay long You wake up, I'll be gone Until then I'll hold on Like a cowboy.

TLCA #9031
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)

Quote:
Rmerron previously said: View Post
I would like to thank Toyota for an awsome vehicle. I bought my FJ in 2006 new, its a 2007. I have always serviced it with Toyota, I have over 194,000 miles to date and it has never been in the shop except for a fuse from the power inverter, My wife did hit a deer with it when it was 1 year old, So I put an ARB bummper and winch up front, We got rear ended the next year, totalled the other car, I put a WARN bumper there in case that ever happens again. How do you miss something this big and Yellow? I run 33's on it on my 5th set of tires. Have level lift on front due to the weight of the Bumper. I took it in to the dealer at 180,000 for a complete check, flushed all fluids, including transmission, finially the brakes needed changing, at 180,000? Wow! had them replaced witht he factory brake pads. The battery a Panasonic had only lost 12 cranking amps and is still runnning strong. The paint looks great as the interior, although I had worn a hole in the seat and had that fixed. So everyon thinks this is a town car and has never seen the mud? I have this thing out on some serious TN mud and hills, I live at the end of a wash board 2 1/2 mile dirt road, Snow/Ice no problem. This thing is a tank. I was very concerned buying a first year vehicle, I just knew that it would spend most of its time in the shop, but my wife loved it. I will never part with it, I have owend 2 FJ-40's and many 4x4's over my life time. This thing brings a smile to my face everytime I drive it. Oh yeah could have had better Vis out the Back, rear seat doors not family friendly, but who cares, This has never let me down and if it blows up today, I wuld put a new engine in it. Hopeing for a million miles, not afraid to drive it anywhere. Thank you for making a vehicle I'm proud to own.
one of the best testimonials I've read on here .... says it all ...
gaylonw likes this.

07 FJC Voodoo Blue - C Pckge AT / Toytec Ultimate 3 Lift / Total Chaos UCA / DirtKing LCA / 285-70R-17 Michelin LTX A/T / ECGS 3rd/front diff 4.56 gears / ARB Front Locker / ARB mini compressor /Demello Hybrid Sliders / Scuba Mod / AT Cooler / MetalTech Upper-Lower Rear Links / Clazzio Seat Covers / Roll Top Console Cover

78 FJ40

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 01:47 PM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

I bought my '07 new in 2006. Just turned 100,000 miles yesterday. It is good to hear it's just barely broken in.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 02:03 PM
FJ Expeditions R Us

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)

Amen! I traded my '07 for my '13 last March. The '07 had 108,000 miles on it with absolutely no problems at all!

The FJ is the most fun vehicle I've ever owned and I love it! I'll keep this one until the last hurrah!!!

cheers,

dale

Happy Trails!
TLCA #17625

LOS TRES AMIGOS IN MEXICO

2013 ARMY GREEN--A/T

INSTALLED: BFG TA/ko Tires - M-Pac system - Rock Rails - ARB Roof Rack - ARB Fridge/Freezer - Gobi Ladder -All Pro APex rear bumper - All Pro Lower Links - All-Pro Lower link skids - Bud Built Skids - AT Cooler - Rear Diff Skid - ARB front Bumper with fog lights - Engo E10,000 winch - PRG Snorkel - IPF driving lights - Optima AGM Battery - Painless Dual Battery System - Scuba Driver Mod - Bandi Mount - Yaesu dual band radio - Icom IC-7000 HF - 12v Receptacles - Rock Lights -- Rocktek Shock Armor

To be continued...
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 09:23 AM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)

Quote:
w5wi previously said: View Post
Amen! I traded my '07 for my '13 last March. The '07 had 108,000 miles on it with absolutely no problems at all!

The FJ is the most fun vehicle I've ever owned and I love it! I'll keep this one until the last hurrah!!!

cheers,

dale
D,
2X, right there with you!
The smile factor is really high on these FJ's!
Everyone I know who has one echoes this sentiment!
Sorry Toyota decided to stop making them; Glad that I have mine!!
These things are truly going to be cult vehicles- they probably already are !!…..gm

TLCA # 20795
2018 Lexus LX570
2018 Jeep JK Rubicon Recon
2014 FJ TTUE- 1 of 2500
1994 Mustang Cobra Indy Pace Car Convertible 5.0 (Stock)
1986 Ford F150 XLT Super Cab Longbed 5.0 (Stock)
1982 Jeep CJ7 Limited Edition (Stock)
1966 Corvair Corsa Turbo Convertible (Stock)
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 09:51 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)

Awesome story

Thank you Vets

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-18-2016, 12:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage

My 2007 FJ has 155000 miles with original pads and rotors. It is a manual transmission

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > I'd Like to Tell Toyota...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in