sliding rear window - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
I'd Like to Tell Toyota... This is for constructive suggestions to be made to Toyota regarding the FJ Cruiser. This is a flame free forum and heavily moderated.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 11:48 AM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Re: sliding rear window

Quote:
FJoel previously said: View Post
But if it was a slide window, wouldn't you be tempted to drive with the window down?

The way the air (doesn't) flow over the FJ, you will find that it actually creates a vacuum at the back and sucks alot of exhaust into the cab. Even with my side exit exhaust I have noticed this. I only do it for short trips when I haven't ordered enough billet to justify the trailer, and part of the bar has to stick out the back.

I think this is way the door open light comes on with the window, and I thought the owner's manual said not to drive with it open for this reason, but I haven't opened my owner's manual for a while!

I too think it would be cool, but only if they changed the aerodynamics or whatever is causing the exhaust to enter the cab through the rear window. My pup would certainly love it, and it would be nice to be able to get/load stuff that way.

Heck ya I would love a roll down window.

We drive with our window rear window open for the short drives for the dog. I have never seen anything about not driving with the window open. It seems kind of wierd if you can open a window but not be able to drive with it open. It would seen kind of pointless to have a window to open it only when the vehicle was parked. I would not go wheeling with the rear window open but like I said before short drives to the park or to the store I don't see a problem.

| Toytec/OME 3" lift | All-Pro: Rock Rails, Skid Plates, Ultimate Links, Link Skids, Shock Skids, Rear Bumper | Manik Taillight Guards | Bandi Mount | Tuffy Lightbar| Metal Tech Tube Doors, Front Tube Bumper w/winch mount | Mad Dog Body Armor | Ellis Precision Shift knobs, ebrake | Rebel Off Road Double drilled/slotted brakes | BFG A/T 285/70/17 |TRD Exhaust |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-18-2008, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Chadd

I drive with mine open all the time and the fact I can't have it partway open drives me nuts. With two big dogs it would be nice to get enough airflow to blow the stink off of them but also prevent them from doing something stupid and taking a header out the back.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 07:53 AM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
nativejim previously said: View Post
Hey I could go for a slide down rear window like the ol' 4 Runners. That would be awesome when sleeping inside the rig and for allowing a little air flow when the windows are down criusin' the beach
You can sleep in it?!

If you loan someone $20 and you never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > I'd Like to Tell Toyota...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in