color key the roof and dump the silver trim - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
I'd Like to Tell Toyota... This is for constructive suggestions to be made to Toyota regarding the FJ Cruiser. This is a flame free forum and heavily moderated.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 08:00 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: color key the roof and dump the silver trim

Quote:
The_big_G previously said: View Post
....oh wait, they did. Ballooned the price and called it a TT

...and yet I still had to have one. Brilliant marketing Toyota!
I like the TT they upgraded the shocks, blacked out the bezel and mirrors, added a rear skid plate, I am not sure what else they did to them other than making them all white. But it is a great looking FJ, sort of like the trd black ones they did, except in white.. I think it is a good idea. kind gives some, a way to stand out, and a few something different or more unique. and thats cool too. and even though i love the sunfusions, if I had the cash I would have also added a Black trd and a tt edition. But I like them all. too many colors and options makes it hard, however I am totally happy with my selection as I am sure others are with theirs. So I do not think any intimidation should be at hand here .

Enjoy it no matter what color or scheme it may be.. Keep the fun in it,

"Why do you carry a 45?". The Ranger responded with, "Because they don't make a .46."[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
stringmachine previously said: View Post
I like the TT they upgraded the shocks, blacked out the bezel and mirrors, added a rear skid plate, I am not sure what else they did to them other than making them all white. But it is a great looking FJ, sort of like the trd black ones they did, except in white.. I think it is a good idea. kind gives some, a way to stand out, and a few something different or more unique. and thats cool too. and even though i love the sunfusions, if I had the cash I would have also added a Black trd and a tt edition. But I like them all. too many colors and options makes it hard, however I am totally happy with my selection as I am sure others are with theirs. So I do not think any intimidation should be at hand here .

Enjoy it no matter what color or scheme it may be.. Keep the fun in it,
I hear ya. I like sunfusion too. And I'm happy that owners are happy with their color schemes. But imagine the TT without the colormatch. Do you think they would command the price they do? BTW, I think a fusion would look awesome with a color-matched roof and blacked out trim and rims. Hey, who knows, could be a future TT/TRD edition?
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
The_big_G previously said: View Post
I believe it's a valid suggestion, as evidenced by feedback I've received re: the aesthetics of the vehicle. The basic styling is fantastic, and I believe will stand the test of time, but the color matching on the standard FJ is simply too "busy" for some tastes, myself included.

I also believe it's a valid, and constructive, critique that we should not have to pay extra for something that should not incur extra manufacturing costs
I think it's a bit busy as well. If all the silver stuff was white like the roof I think that would be better. Add my opinion to the pile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 07:48 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage

yep...i like white roof... it is tradition for FJ40 Landcruisers which the FJC was based....and it is great to deflect heat from brutal sun in some parts of country.

i agree on silver trim though....black it out!

I have a high art, I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me.- Archilochus, 650BC
USAF (Retired)
NRA Life Member
------
00 LX470, Nitto Trail Grapplers, WhiteKnuckle sliders, BumpItOffroad front and rear, Titan winch

Swamp Fox Land Cruisers of South Carolina

Lowcountry AMSOIL Products
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 11:02 AM

I actually like the white roof. It provides a styling link to the past 'cruisers.
My FJ is brick and I find it a pleasing contrast. In addition, its easier to find in the parking lot and its cooler in the summer. I live in Florida and it gets friggin hot during the summer. I'm sure the black interior doesn't help.
As far as the silver end pieces of trim on the dash - it breaks up the blackness- and the paint matched centre trim piece. But than again thats only my opinion.
For a design, I think the FJ is very iconic. I glad Toyota brought it back. Everyone should get the Toyota FJ Cruiser book. Its very insightful, as it shows how the designers developed the exterior and interior.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 11:44 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

When I bought my Sandstrom, I would have chosen one with a matched roof and blacked out plastic. After having my FJ for a while, I would keep the white roof, but I still don't care for the silver plastic.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 09:37 PM
Forum Regular

Hey all you blue's, yellow's, white's, black's and sandies; I love the silver trim!!!!!!!!

2008 Ti FJC , All Terrain
A lot of ICON stuff.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-29-2008, 10:01 PM
Forum Veteran

Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
logan9967 previously said: View Post
i don't mind the white roof, but the silver does have to go. but yet it is the taste of some people, factory options for this would be cool
I agree. I like the white roof but could do without the silver.

YinYang
2007 FJC
Nukldragr!
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 05:29 PM

A cheap and nice way to get rid of the silver is with these paint to match covers. We took everyones suggestions and actually designed some parts based on what customers are asking for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0110.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	24109  
Attached Images

post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Ramjet

The only thing I have to add is add a red and a green color to the line-up. And a winch bumper as an option. Thank you and have a good night.

Toyota FJ TT Edition 6 Spd Man. ARB / winch, OME. Many more coming soon.

" Introduce a little anarchy, you upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I am an agent of chaos. And you know the one thing about chaos, Harvey? It's fair." The Joker

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > I'd Like to Tell Toyota...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in