Call 'em FJ LAND cruisers! - Page 3 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
I'd Like to Tell Toyota... This is for constructive suggestions to be made to Toyota regarding the FJ Cruiser. This is a flame free forum and heavily moderated.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 11:47 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Call 'em FJ LAND cruisers!

I call mine "the rig". FJ is good to though......

"I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work". Thomas Edison
"I'd rather have one and not need it, than need one and not have it." Adele Rousseau

F#%k Jeep
~KCCO~
Sure, tell me about this "Jeep Thing"...
2013 FJ Iceberg White *SOLD*
2007 FJ Voodoo Blue *RIP*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 01:28 AM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Tubig previously said: View Post
So I get credit right?
But of course you do. Tubig = Official Namer of the FJ 120.

The best I could come up with was FJ 41. Maybe I should have gone with FJ Area 51. Now that might have been cool..... or not.

Good-bye Dad. I love you! Thanks for being such a wonderful father.
post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 03:28 AM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Ramjet

I agree. The other day a friend asked me "How are you enjoying your PT Cruiser?" I had to stress that there was no way would ever drive a Chrysler or any other domestic.

I wish they would have numbered the TT's. Let each one of us that owns one, know what number we have. I like FJC though. Or just stick with FJ. NO cruiser.

Toyota FJ TT Edition 6 Spd Man. ARB / winch, OME. Many more coming soon.

" Introduce a little anarchy, you upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I am an agent of chaos. And you know the one thing about chaos, Harvey? It's fair." The Joker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 05:29 AM
Forum Master

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think either could work... and either is better than "FJ Cruiser".

FJC could (possibly) beg the question "What does FJC stand for?". But, given the plethora of MLs, RXs (Mazda and Lexus), GT-Rs, etc. it would probably just seem like an other random set of letters/numbers to the uninitiated - you know, the ones who think we drive PT Cruisers.

FJ120 could run intro problems if the platform designation becomes less relevant, e.g. Prada changes, the FJ Cruiser doesn't or vice-versa... Would next-gen platforms call for a FJ130, FJ220 (or 221... what ever it takes). This is isn't necessarily bad... just a consideration.

Now how funny would it be if a vendor created a replacement badge for us - a nice shiny "FJC" or "FJ120". That would be the coolest (and subtle, e.g. no window sticker needed) "in the club" designation out there.

6-Speed, OME 3", 285/70s on Body-matched Steelies, Demello Bumper, M8000, TG Sliders, AllPro Skid, AllPro High-Clearance Tailpipe, D3, BajaRack
post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 08:01 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)

Toyota should badge our vehicle "Landcruiser FJ". This is clearly a vehicle following its origin and designed for the rugged off-road use. By calling it the "Landcruiser FJ" the identity is complete: (1) it is of the Landcruiser Family and (2) it is a re-adobtion of the FJ40 styling and prowess.

If one thinks of the vehicle like genealogy research, it is like Grandpa and Grandma Landcruiser who had two boys. One boy was tall, brawny and liked the finer things in life, got married early, and went on to have children that were big luxory (city-fied) types (current Landcruiser). The other boy was average size, agile and liked the simpler things of life, and married and had children late in life. Following his life style, these children were regular simple (country-fied) types (current FJ Cruiser).

Now both boys have the same last name - Landcrusier. Just because the first boy had children early, there is no reason the second boy can't use the same last name. Therefore, the children of the second boy could be called "Landcruiser FJ" to distinguish the later generations. By-the-way the FJ signifies the relationship to Grandpa and Grandma (FJ40), but also recognizes the "Fantastic Journey" that occurred to bring us these wonderful machines.

“Kansas Law Dog” for admiration of “Tombstone”, the movie, and the legend of Wyatt Earp.

2007 Titanium 4x4 Automatic (stock except non-factory rock rails)
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 08:25 AM
Forum Master

Quote:
Kansas Law Dog previously said: View Post
Toyota should badge our vehicle "Landcruiser FJ". This is clearly a vehicle following its origin and designed for the rugged off-road use. By calling it the "Landcruiser FJ" the identity is complete: (1) it is of the Landcruiser Family and (2) it is a re-adobtion of the FJ40 styling and prowess.

If one thinks of the vehicle like genealogy research, it is like Grandpa and Grandma Landcruiser who had two boys. One boy was tall, brawny and liked the finer things in life, got married early, and went on to have children that were big luxory (city-fied) types (current Landcruiser). The other boy was average size, agile and liked the simpler things of life, and married and had children late in life. Following his life style, these children were regular simple (country-fied) types (current FJ Cruiser).

Now both boys have the same last name - Landcrusier. Just because the first boy had children early, there is no reason the second boy can't use the same last name. Therefore, the children of the second boy could be called "Landcruiser FJ" to distinguish the later generations. By-the-way the FJ signifies the relationship to Grandpa and Grandma (FJ40), but also recognizes the "Fantastic Journey" that occurred to bring us these wonderful machines.
I do like the rationale... but (yeah, there's always a but... Toyota can't have two vehicles sharing the same name (and the reality is that the Land Cruiser FJ would be shortened to Land Cruiser by the market) when there is such a MASSIVE difference in the price - $28,000 vs. $70,000.

The more I think about this...
FJC has problems... that "C". Why is it there? What does it mean? Now we're back to two cruisers...
FJ120 has problems... the LC uses the FJ80, FJ100 system... there could be issues with the FJ120 confusing the issue at some point.

Back to thinking the name should be simply "FJ" A pure heritage name.
Pros:
- It's what we're calling it now
- We already have the badges!
- Toyota can relax... much less of a mutiny by the 16 percenters

Cons:
- Not nearly as fun... no mutiny by the 16 percenters

Damn... I'm supposed be working on PAID naming jobs right now... this is a distraction... wish they were all this fun.

6-Speed, OME 3", 285/70s on Body-matched Steelies, Demello Bumper, M8000, TG Sliders, AllPro Skid, AllPro High-Clearance Tailpipe, D3, BajaRack
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 08:30 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage

There is another thread where we are getting new badges made....right now it looks like brushed finish and FJC but I like the FJ120 as well.

They were looking for more interest to keep the cost down....FJC Rebadging

I have a high art, I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me.- Archilochus, 650BC
USAF (Retired)
NRA Life Member
------
00 LX470, Nitto Trail Grapplers, WhiteKnuckle sliders, BumpItOffroad front and rear, Titan winch

Swamp Fox Land Cruisers of South Carolina

Lowcountry AMSOIL Products
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 08:30 AM
Forum Superstar

i call it 'the FJ' that's it
and sometimes... 'the Mule'
post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

When I think of the name "Land Cruiser" I don't think of the luxury beast that is sold here. I think of FJ 40's and LC 70's

Toyota now sells three very different vehicles (worldwide) that have the name Land Cruiser attached to it....so why can't there be a fourth?

Then again maybe it doesn't matter too much considering that I "fixed" the badge and call it the Land Cruiser anyway.

75% stupid free :

Last edited by chango; 06-02-2008 at 08:38 AM.
post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 08:43 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage

I am thinking mine is going to end up being FJ120

I have a high art, I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me.- Archilochus, 650BC
USAF (Retired)
NRA Life Member
------
00 LX470, Nitto Trail Grapplers, WhiteKnuckle sliders, BumpItOffroad front and rear, Titan winch

Swamp Fox Land Cruisers of South Carolina

Lowcountry AMSOIL Products

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > I'd Like to Tell Toyota...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in