Vent Visor Preference: Stick on or Channel? - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Interior / Exterior Visual Tech This section contains discussion related to visual modifications of the Toyota FJ Cruiser. Some items might include dash kits, roof rack modifications and other visual modifications.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: Vent Visor Preference: Stick on or Channel?

My mind is made up. In channel it is! Just ordered them!
Thanks everyone!
Ryan

Be the person your dog thinks you are

2010 FJC: Fresco | 6MT | BajaRack | Challenger ATV Tool Box | TG Sliders | Blacked Front and Rear Bumpers | Blacked Mirrors | Black Tundra Handles | AVS Vent Visors | Husky Liners

1971 Chevelle: 350 | Tremec TKO 600 5 speed | 12 Bolt w/ 4.10s | MSD HEI Ignition | Edelbrock 4 Barrel | Flowmaster Exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-10-2011, 07:26 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

AVS in channel!

K7JNZ
post #13 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 06:41 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
CO_FJ previously said: View Post
My mind is made up. In channel it is! Just ordered them!
Thanks everyone!
Ryan
Just an FYI, get a bottle of alcohol and clean the channel the visors stick to literally until you see no black smudging. I literally had to wipe the entire channel about 40 times. I did not want a half-a$$ seal, I did not want to have to go back and do any re-work. I was also lucky because right after the install you role the windows up to apply pressure, I had to leave town for 5 days, so they set up for 5 days. That was well over a year ago and mine are still perfect and tight everywhere. So take your time, clean, clean, clean and allow a few days to set up just to be sure

P.S. The only downside to In-channel is sometimes you hear grit on the edges of window when rolling up and down, I used to try and vacuum, now I use compressed air and works good.

Steve
In the wild, health care is, Ow, I hurt my leg. I can't run. A lion eats me. I'm dead.

2008 TT
285/75/16's, Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, Toytec 2.5" Level Kit, Metal Tech Tube Bumper, Demello Light Bar, PIAA's a plenty, Scangauge II, Trail Gear Sliders(Line-x'd), Body Mount Chop, Undercoating, Budbuilt skid, Morimoto HID/Projector Retrofit headlights, Manik taillight guards, 3 OEM offroad light switches, Honda OH console mod, Aeroforce headlight guards, A loud horn, Totally reconfigured stereo system(2 amps, all Polk speakers, OEM NAV Unit E7019.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Forum Master

Send a message via Skype™ to targa88

In channel - no issues

Colin

Inveniemus viam aut faciemus (Either we find the road, or we make it!)

Desert Rat
'07 FJC TM- Metaltech front bumper, CBI Rear swingout, OME Suspension/lift GY Wrangler 265-75R-16, ARB Snorkel, MAF Aux tank
post #15 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Forum Superstar

I see the OP already ordered the in channel and everyone so far has said go for in channel. So I'm going to say you should have gotten the stick on.

Silly Wabbit
Mods:
BFG AT's, stone guard,vent visors,window tint,blacked out bezel/rear bumper.
Joels grab handles. See Avatar.
Demello front winch bumper/center hoop/Acro lights
Titan 12k winch,recovery gear
Scangauge II
Joel's FJC badge
Gobi Ladder
Custom rock rails
Quick Fist Clamps
Tuffy security console
Joel's shifters

Future Mods:
Demello rear bumper

http://www.fjcruisersontario.com/wordpress/
post #16 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011, 08:01 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)

I have the stick on's, only one's I could find around my area (think I found them at PEP BOYS), I have not had any issues with them so far. I've never had in-channel one's before so I can't compare to two. But again, no problems up to this point.
Simple Man likes this.

No matter where you go,... There you are
post #17 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011, 09:01 AM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage

Stick on's here as well, no problems. I wasn't aware of the in channel ones either.

2010 TTSE mt, Icon stage 6 suspension, All Pro HD sway bar links and collars, Expedition One Diamond Style front, Superwinch EPI 9.0S with in cab and remote control, PIAA 540 off road and 510 fog lights, Bud Built HD sliders and full skids including dif. skid, Icon Shin guards, Outrider lower link skids, Method Racing wheels, BFG 305/65 R17 KM2's, Gorrilla lugs and locks, Dirty Parts dual battery kit, Expo. One windshield washer bottle, Billet locking fuel door, 60" High-Lift Jack axe shovel and Four Treks mounts, URD short throw shifter, Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT mutimedia and nav. unit, Cobra 75 WX ST, Bandi mount and Firestick, M-Pac rear door combo, Husky linners.
post #18 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
[QUOTE=HUGO STIGLITZ;1854542]Just an FYI, get a bottle of alcohol and clean the channel the visors stick to literally until you see no black smudging. I literally had to wipe the entire channel about 40 times. I did not want a half-a$$ seal, I did not want to have to go back and do any re-work. I was also lucky because right after the install you role the windows up to apply pressure, I had to leave town for 5 days, so they set up for 5 days. That was well over a year ago and mine are still perfect and tight everywhere. So take your time, clean, clean, clean and allow a few days to set up just to be sure

Thanks for the advice!

And yes, I did order the in channel ones already. Thanks for everyone's help!
Ryan

Be the person your dog thinks you are

2010 FJC: Fresco | 6MT | BajaRack | Challenger ATV Tool Box | TG Sliders | Blacked Front and Rear Bumpers | Blacked Mirrors | Black Tundra Handles | AVS Vent Visors | Husky Liners

1971 Chevelle: 350 | Tremec TKO 600 5 speed | 12 Bolt w/ 4.10s | MSD HEI Ignition | Edelbrock 4 Barrel | Flowmaster Exhaust
post #19 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011, 01:53 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

stick on's and love them
post #20 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011, 03:08 PM
fka trailman

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to capt._bucko

i got the in channels and love em. its just looks cleaner with the in channels over the stick ons.

trail team edition, 285-75/R16 general grabbers, M-PAC Rack, satellite radio, garmin gps, 2 M-81 storage box,homemade shelf, led puck lights,replaced dome lights with leds. 2 Factory hella Driving Lights with yellow film, tinted windows, trailgear sliders,cobra cb with a bandi mount and fire fly ant,vent shades. Removable sleep platform blacked out emblems, gobi ladder, Bajarack flat rack/homemade TREDZ mount. 2 LEDs under the radio. Custom side rack with fire extinguisher and a 10lb power tank.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Interior / Exterior Visual Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in