Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Rear storage solution

16K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  SWITAWI 
#1 ·
Who makes a good rear storage soloution/tool box?

#2 ·
There are lots of custom home built box/chest/drawers Tuffy also have a very stout box.

#3 ·
tuffy = $$$$$$
diy = $

:D

#9 ·
This is what i'm thinking about going with. It is WAY heavy but it should be worth it because I want to remove/install it while loaded.

It will carry recovery, camping gear & have my fridge mounted to the top.

Dimensions: H: 8 7/8 W: 29 7/8 L: 24
Weight (lbs.): 151

They also make a 12" high unit.

I can use my Engine lift or the mini excavator to remove it real quick.
The bobcat is always at my home & if it is used on a job it comes home every night (it's just to easy to steal to leave anyplace).

#10 ·
Wow....what does that system cost. It looks pretty nice. One feature that you want to make sure it has is some sort of locking slide. If it does not have that...the rattle will drive you crazy. It is nice if the slide has a lockout to keep the drawer open as well (so you don't chop off your fingers)

We are working on a revised drawer system for the FJ (the initial unit proved to be too expensive to produce). This system will have a single drawer and will be about 7 inches high with 3 inch rails. The rails will go about to the height of the wheel wells.
The project is going slowly, mostly due to the busyness of our engineer. I will keep you posted on the progress.

Doc

#13 ·
I just found that box & ordered it.
I came back to edit my post lol
It isn't as tall but a heck of a lot lighter :bigthumb:

Length 26 In, Width 36 In, Height 6 In, Material Aluminum, 0.125 Gauge, Number of Drawers 3, Number of Dividers 5 Per Drawer, Silver, Treadplate Finish, Locking System Latch, Capacity 75 Lb

#15 ·
has anyone installed this yet? if so, pics?

#16 ·
Bump

#17 ·
Reactions: TexasGMG
#20 ·
I have the MSM drawer from Springtail with the mini grid. It has the locking slides which is great if you are on an incline, low profile enough that you still have enough room in the cargo area, it bolts directly in. The mini grid gives you so many options for strapping down your other gear. I carry extra CV Axles, tie rods and other parts and tool bags and everything is organized and the best part is not a single noise, it doesn't rattle or squeak at all. I love it and Doc knocked it out of the park with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.