IT'S BACK!! All-Pro Offroad's original FJ roofrack REDESIGNED! - Page 59 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Interior / Exterior Visual Tech This section contains discussion related to visual modifications of the Toyota FJ Cruiser. Some items might include dash kits, roof rack modifications and other visual modifications.

508Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #581 of 748 (permalink) Old 06-28-2015, 01:24 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Re: IT'S BACK!! All-Pro Offroad's original FJ roofrack REDESIGNED!

Did a few things this week. I had the rack powder coated which you can see a few posts before this one. And I ran the regular sides for a day to see how it looks. The next day I threw on the RTT sides. It looks pretty awesome even without a tent!

One issue I had in mounting the roof top tent was my old tent hardware was too long. But I was happy to have this issue because that meant my tent was sitting lower and closer to the roof than it ever had, even lower than the half-rack-mod! I got some 2" hardware and that was about perfect. Might try 1 1/2" next time though to make for a bit less wrenching at awkward angles.

Tent mounted! When I first saw the All-Pro prototype rack mounted on AP's Frosty last Summit, I was wondering why the rack was WAY wider than the first version of their rack that they made back in 2008. But now that I see the rack with an RTT mounted to it, it makes perfect sense why the rack is much wider than the OG rack.

We as a community insisted repeatedly that RTT compatibility was key in a roof rack for FJ's. I was impressed that they took our requests and offered optional RTT compatible sides to their rack. But now I'm even more impressed with how much they listened to our input. They not only offer RTT sides but they made the rack wider so that the RTT fits like a glove. A beautiful, seamlessly integrated part if your vehicle. Not the eyesore that RTT's can sometimes be. Compare this All-Pro rack/RTT combo with the stock rack/RTT combo.

Stock rack

[center] 2008 Black - Lift: 3" OME - AllPro UCAs - AllPro Roof Rack V2 - Tepui RTT - Expedition One Diamond Front - ComeUp 9.5s Winch - RIGID and Baja Design Lighting - Expedition One Rear w/ Swingout, Hi-Lift Mount, RotoPax Mount - 1.25" Spidertrax - 315/16 BFG K02 - 16" Black TRD's - Many Awesome Stickers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #582 of 748 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 11:08 AM
Forum Master

Quoted: 948 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
heinie_21 previously said: View Post
^
Wow that is ugly !!!

2014 Build.
Silver Roof, Pro Comp Lift 3", TRD Wheels, Cooper A/T3 285x70x16, TT Black Out Parts, ARB Touring Rack, Baja Ladder, Bushwacker Fenders, Rigid Upper & Lower Grille w/ SR 6" LED's & D2 LED's, Front Grille Guard, Rigid SR-M Rear LED's, ANZO Headlights & Turn Signals, M-PAC Side Rack, Ellis Precision, TTUE Skid Plate, Rocktek Rear Bumper, PRG Snorkel
..........................____
...............______//__{\___
............./__(0)_//__/_(0)_/

My Post may not be disseminated, without the express written consent of myself or a doppelgänger with a worse attitude then my own.
post #583 of 748 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 11:09 AM
Forum Master

Quoted: 948 Post(s)

Quote:
heinie_21 previously said: View Post
^
Nice !!

2014 Build.
Silver Roof, Pro Comp Lift 3", TRD Wheels, Cooper A/T3 285x70x16, TT Black Out Parts, ARB Touring Rack, Baja Ladder, Bushwacker Fenders, Rigid Upper & Lower Grille w/ SR 6" LED's & D2 LED's, Front Grille Guard, Rigid SR-M Rear LED's, ANZO Headlights & Turn Signals, M-PAC Side Rack, Ellis Precision, TTUE Skid Plate, Rocktek Rear Bumper, PRG Snorkel
..........................____
...............______//__{\___
............./__(0)_//__/_(0)_/

My Post may not be disseminated, without the express written consent of myself or a doppelgänger with a worse attitude then my own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #584 of 748 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 01:28 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Garage

@All-Pro Are these limited production run, made to order, a permanent product line for the FJ ?
post #585 of 748 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 02:20 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Garage

Seeing the powder coat version has really changed my impression of this rack. It looks beautiful! Great job. I'm curious how it would look contrasted with a white roof.

2014 Quicksand -The Honey Badger-
post #586 of 748 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 02:34 PM
MOAB SUPERSTAR

Mentioned: 212 Post(s)
Quoted: 2136 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Drift previously said: View Post
@All-Pro Are these limited production run, made to order, a permanent product line for the FJ ?
That is a very, very good question, AllPro, one that I can and will ask you in person in a couple of weeks
post #587 of 748 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 06:12 PM
Forum Veteran

I don't know their future plans. But i was told they had a total of 9 racks made in the first batch. (I have 1 and there will be 2 more given away at summit)
debFJVT likes this.

[center] 2008 Black - Lift: 3" OME - AllPro UCAs - AllPro Roof Rack V2 - Tepui RTT - Expedition One Diamond Front - ComeUp 9.5s Winch - RIGID and Baja Design Lighting - Expedition One Rear w/ Swingout, Hi-Lift Mount, RotoPax Mount - 1.25" Spidertrax - 315/16 BFG K02 - 16" Black TRD's - Many Awesome Stickers
post #588 of 748 (permalink) Old 07-05-2015, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
They are not a limited run. They are for sale and will be added to our site with all of the options once we return from the Summit. We have our second batch on order now and should be available about the middle of August

We hope to see you at the Summit!!!
Texas08FJ and Heinie_21 like this.

Last edited by All-Pro; 07-05-2015 at 08:18 AM.
post #589 of 748 (permalink) Old 07-05-2015, 10:06 AM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
All-Pro previously said: View Post
They are not a limited run. They are for sale and will be added to our site with all of the options once we return from the Summit. We have our second batch on order now and should be available about the middle of August

We hope to see you at the Summit!!!

Being its not on the site, what can we expect as far as pricing goes?

"Opinions are like assholes, everybody is one"

M1101/M1102 Information.

Evil FJ build thread.

post #590 of 748 (permalink) Old 07-05-2015, 10:30 AM
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Monkey_Wrench previously said: View Post
Being its not on the site, what can we expect as far as pricing goes?
$1299 was the price I was told they would be. With your choice of fascia.

Not sure how the RTT sides will play into that yet. But i would think it will be an option on the site. Guess we'll see July 20th!

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Interior / Exterior Visual Tech

Tags
cargo , rack , redesigned , roofrack

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in