IT'S BACK!! All-Pro Offroad's original FJ roofrack REDESIGNED! - Page 73 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Interior / Exterior Visual Tech This section contains discussion related to visual modifications of the Toyota FJ Cruiser. Some items might include dash kits, roof rack modifications and other visual modifications.

508Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #721 of 748 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 04:30 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Re: IT'S BACK!! All-Pro Offroad's original FJ roofrack REDESIGNED!

Quote:
All-Pro previously said: View Post
It hasn't been scrapped. We are almost done with it! I will post an update here once they are ready to order!

Tracy
[email protected]
You guys ready to ship yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 748 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 05:03 PM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
A.R.A. previously said: View Post
You guys ready to ship yet?
I wouldn't hold your breath.

I'm still waiting on a reply directly from Tracy to confirm but after getting my sliders in the most recent group buy, I was sent a follow up email to be sure I received my order and asking if I had any questions. I specifically asked about the roof rack and mentioned there had been some rumors on the forum it may be coming back. I was told that the project has been put back on the shelf for the time being, with no definitive answer as to whether it would be picked up again in the future.

Too bad really. I would have easily shelled out a higher premium than Gobi is asking for their stealth rack, and that's one of the priciest roof racks out there.

Again, until Tracy or someone else from All-Pro chimes in, this is merely more rumor and conjecture based off of the limited info I was given.
post #723 of 748 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 05:11 PM
Forum Regular

I didn't want their stupid roof rack anyway! (in spoiled kid voice)

LoL but thanks. So check it out now @Phunksoulbrotha I'm thinking I'll go with the Front Runner Slimline II. It doesn't look as cool, but is flatter and more versatile than the All Pro in any case.

Anyone out there using the slim line with a roof top tent? I don't want a roof top tent now, but I'm thinking that years down the line I might change my mind on that and would like to have a roof rack that works well with one.

Quote:
Phunksoulbrotha previously said: View Post
I wouldn't hold your breath.

I'm still waiting on a reply directly from Tracy to confirm but after getting my sliders in the most recent group buy, I was sent a follow up email to be sure I received my order and asking if I had any questions. I specifically asked about the roof rack and mentioned there had been some rumors on the forum it may be coming back. I was told that the project has been put back on the shelf for the time being, with no definitive answer as to whether it would be picked up again in the future.

Too bad really. I would have easily shelled out a higher premium than Gobi is asking for their stealth rack, and that's one of the priciest roof racks out there.

Again, until Tracy or someone else from All-Pro chimes in, this is merely more rumor and conjecture based off of the limited info I was given.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #724 of 748 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 05:26 PM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
A.R.A. previously said: View Post
I didn't want their stupid roof rack anyway! (in spoiled kid voice)
Hahaha. Yeah, I'm having a hard time not stomping my feet over here
post #725 of 748 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 05:29 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)

I'm glad I got mine when I did! Mine is almost 2 years old now, and its been working great!

2007 FJ Cruiser OME 3" lift, 37" BFG's, Allpro front bumper with Warn 10000lbs winch, Allpro sliders, Bandi mount, Allpro roof rack, home-built rear bumper, URD long tube headers, Flowmaster stainless cat-back, 4:88 Nitro gearsPIC
2010 Tundra SR5 TRD i-Force ST edition. 5.7L in a RCSB on 35" BFG's.
2014 23' Trail Trek travel trailer.
89 4Runner - Allpro solid axle swap, 37" BFG's, injected 5L V-8.VID
86 LWB Suzuki 38" Swamper SX's Toy running gearPIC
75 Celica Very modified.PIC
post #726 of 748 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 08:09 PM
Forum Regular

Quote:
Runner Ryan previously said: View Post
I'm glad I got mine when I did! Mine is almost 2 years old now, and its been working great!

I noticed You have custom sides on the rack for your tent. Did you fab those? Also am I right that the bed of it is not flat? If so, did you need to fab special mounts for your tent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #727 of 748 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 08:13 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)

You have a choice of sides. Either the sides with all the speed holes, or the sides with the RTT cutouts. There also seem to be a couple different versions for the RTT cutouts. Mine put the tent in the middle, but I've seen some that put the tent at the back.
The floor of the rack is flat. Just the front foot and the rear foot angle down a bit, but the rest is flat.
There were no mods needed to bolt the tent in place. In fact, it was really easy to bolt it all together.
A.R.A. likes this.

2007 FJ Cruiser OME 3" lift, 37" BFG's, Allpro front bumper with Warn 10000lbs winch, Allpro sliders, Bandi mount, Allpro roof rack, home-built rear bumper, URD long tube headers, Flowmaster stainless cat-back, 4:88 Nitro gearsPIC
2010 Tundra SR5 TRD i-Force ST edition. 5.7L in a RCSB on 35" BFG's.
2014 23' Trail Trek travel trailer.
89 4Runner - Allpro solid axle swap, 37" BFG's, injected 5L V-8.VID
86 LWB Suzuki 38" Swamper SX's Toy running gearPIC
75 Celica Very modified.PIC
post #728 of 748 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 10:40 PM
Forum Regular

Quote:
Runner Ryan previously said: View Post
You have a choice of sides. Either the sides with all the speed holes, or the sides with the RTT cutouts. There also seem to be a couple different versions for the RTT cutouts. Mine put the tent in the middle, but I've seen some that put the tent at the back.
The floor of the rack is flat. Just the front foot and the rear foot angle down a bit, but the rest is flat.
There were no mods needed to bolt the tent in place. In fact, it was really easy to bolt it all together.

Thanks man. Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #729 of 748 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 10:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

You know I'm such a bother.... As a consumer that bought and plan to buy more of thier offerings. I like thier concepts and craftsmanship. I've emailed and would call once a week for updates. In ways it has held me back. I've missed runs and won't go on some because I need the extra space. I really hope it will be available soon. I tried to preorder even and I don't see any other rack on my FJ. It's a great design and I would only be copying closely but I'm about to fire up the Lincoln and go but some metal. Probably would of by now but I have a new baby boy to care for. I almost don't care if it's a r&d version give me rust and scrapes I just need a rack and really don't want to go with anything else. Tracy, I'm waiting and watching hahaha.
post #730 of 748 (permalink) Old 03-09-2017, 07:15 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1011 Post(s)
Garage

This might have been mentioned before ( I didn`t read the entire thread) but they might have put this on the back burner since the FJ has been discontinued JMO

Steve.... 07 FJ with almost enough mods.... August 2017 Member of the month

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Interior / Exterior Visual Tech

Tags
cargo , rack , redesigned , roofrack

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in