Where you at Houston... - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Introductions & New Arrivals New to FJCruiserForums? Come on in and tell us about yourself. Just get your new FJ? Post about it in here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Where you at Houston...

Hey guys I never formally introduced myself so I figured I would say hi. This is a great forum with a lot of great info. I have used a lot of the threads to do work to my FJ. I have a 2010 Fresco Silver FJ that I bought new. I needed an SUV bc cars are worthless on the city streets. I could not be happier with my purchase. I don't think I have ever like a vehicle so much. What made want an FJ you ask? Well one night on patrol I got dispatched to a two car major accident. When I arrived I saw a roller over FJ and someone inside. I pulled the guy from the FJ and asked if he was ok. He said he was fine. Well a car had run the red and clipped the FJ causing it to roll over.

The wrecker came and flipped the FJ over. I kid you not this guy could have jumped back in his vehicle and drove it home. He even asked me if he could drive it home lol but I advised him not to. From that point on I was sold. One tough vehicle. I appreciate all the great info and reviews on this forum. Thanks for your help.

Running 285/70/17 nitto terra grapplers with 7089 pro comps. Front leveled with Toytec 883 springs which are about to be changed out. Going to put a full 3in lift. 22in xmitter lightbar mounted to front bumper. TT black grille bezel and completely blacked out wings and valences (painted myself). M-PAC rac in the rear. Auto 4 wheel drive. Anyone wanna help me install my 3in lift when I get it in ? Have a great day guys

Last edited by RicksFJ; 02-19-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Re: Where you at Houston...

Oh yea and demello hybrid rock rails.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 05:49 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome aboard!

'07 Voodoo Blue/6MT/Roof Rack/Towing Package/ALL-PRO-Front Bumper w/Prerunner Light Bar, Rock Guards, Full Skid Plates, High Clearance Exhaust, Ultimate Lower Skids/Metal Tech Rear Bumper/ICON Ext. Travel Remote Reservoir Front-Rear PiggyBack Reservoir Shocks-Shin Guards/aFe Pro-Guard 7 CAI/Doug Thorley Headers/Garvin Trail Rack/KC Daylighters/BFG AT/KO's 315x70x17 Tires/17 inch Steel Wheels/Magnaflow Exhaust/Man-A-Fre Extended Brake Lines/M-Pac Rear Mount/Power Tank/Manik Taillight Guards & Roof Rack Light Bar/Light Racing Adjustable UCA/Safari Snorkel/SCUBA Mods/Toy Outfitters Rear Upper Control Arms, Rim Stiffeners/URD Short Shifter/Timbren Bumpstops/Baja Rack, + a butt load more mods..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 06:32 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 226 Post(s)

Hello and welcome!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 07:37 PM
Forum Master

Welcome to the group.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 07:58 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

Welcome Rick...we'll have to meet up at some point over the next couple weeks. I've got your scuba kit all ready to go.

If you are looking for a front suspension upgrade I'm selling my Camburg UCA's and Icon front suspension....going with a TC LT setup, so I no longer have a use for it.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 08:11 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)

Hey Brian, maybe we can do the 4rnr's scuba kit at the same time. Oh sorry for the hijack!

08 Brick

TLCA# 20417
4WD& Armrest w/ no other factory upgrades! Mods. FJ Newb SCUBA Mod, LED console lights, Sirius stereo, Garage opener mod, Additional 12v outlets, Cobra 75 CB/Bandi mount w/3'firestick. AllPro rear Lower Control Links and rear shock guards, Aero Flow Headlight Covers, Manually controlled E Locker, Iron Man lift & ASFIR Skids. Shrockworks custom sliders and Front bumper, Aux fuel tank. Custom A-Pillars, Viair On-Board Air system

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 08:26 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

Next couple weeks are a bit hectic with travel and family in town, but the 2 or 3 weeks prior to OX should work.

Rick I'll shoot you a PM to see when we can meet up.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Newb no worries man just let me know when want to meet up. If you could help me with the install that would be much appreciated. I could throw u some money. I'll take a look at your suspension you have for sale. I may be interested. Thanx for the welcomes.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 09:46 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)

Welcome

LGRT
See our Overland and Off-Road Adventure website for stories, pictures and videos of our exploits, how to mods and maintenance as well as random thoughts and rants
MODs:
Subscribe to our YouTube channel Off-Road and Overland Adventure Videos
"Like" us at Last Great Road Trip on Face Book for extras and a free LGRT decal

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Newbie Town > Introductions & New Arrivals

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in